apeck618 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Question Lifting after Shoulder injury/ Nerve damage in hand

New to the forums so hopefully this is the right spot for this.

Anyways back in November I fell and tore my shoulder slightly I assume, I never went to get it checked out, i took 4 months off from bench press, over head press, etc, My shoulder still is not 100% I still cant even do incline with out it hurting the next day or even bench heavy. Ive tried doing shoulder and rotator exercising with cables and bands to try and get the shoulder back into motion, but it seems so far from being back to normal.

Then after that I had surger for a lymphangioma that was on my left rear shoulder blade area. And I guess during the surgery for 3 hours, they had me laying on my stomach in a weird position that cut off blood flow to my arm so when I woke up my hand was numb up to my elbow. Its been 4 months now since then and my hand is around 60% I still have to use wrist strap to hold weights with my hand as my hand strength is very poor.

Anyways I find that lifting light weight makes me not even want to go to the gym anymore. I have to force myself to go. How do I try to get back into the full swing of things. I guess im just venting cause I am sorta pissed at myself for the set backs i have had the last several months with lifting. For me lifting was stress relief from my daily life, and now that im in there hitting garbage weight it sorta kills my motivation.

Any advice would be great.