Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    maurelio18 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Exclamation Macro Check - 5'8 Male - Contest Prep (First Comp!)

Hi everyone,

I would like some input on my current macros:

Total Daily Calories: 1528
    Carbs: 88g
    Fats: 46g
    Protein: 193g
    Sodium: 1577
    Sugar: 22g

(I am able to share specifics on what foods I am eating if requested)

My questions is:

I am prepping for my very first Physique Competition. I am a 5'8 Male - 175lbs - 12.4% BF looking to hit 8-9% for the competition.

Is this calorie count too low? Are my carbs too low? I am leaning out nicely and not loosing strength, but I do not want to risk losing too much size for the lack of carbs.

Can anyone give me suggestions or confirm whether or not I am on the right track?

Constructive criticism is greatly appreciated.

Thank you

Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Garage Rat is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Really you need to post pics but i don't think you can until you have 50 posts.
    It would be redundant to comment if we can't see what you actually look like.
    It looks ok on what you've written but like i said.

I am able to share my IG with you and send pics through there if that is an option?

smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Some of your questions are dependant on the timing of your show. How far out is it?
    The powerlifter visions a certain weight he would like to lift, he uses his body to achieve it and he gets big as a side effect.
    The bodybuilder visions a certain physique he would like to acquire, he uses weights to achieve it and he gets stronger as a side effect.

***Let's Make the Forums Great Again!***

It is 12 weeks out!

smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) smokinal has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    At 12 weeks I would say you are ok and on track. I'll be the first to say I don't know much about the sodium or sugar intake but the rest looks good.
    Personally, I shoot for about 1/2 to 3/4 lb weight loss per week when on a cut. I like to go slow; in my mind I'm losing the least amount of muscle that way; and I'm still lifting heavy as usual to retain muscle.
    How has your weight loss track been week to week?
    The powerlifter visions a certain weight he would like to lift, he uses his body to achieve it and he gets big as a side effect.
    The bodybuilder visions a certain physique he would like to acquire, he uses weights to achieve it and he gets stronger as a side effect.

***Let's Make the Forums Great Again!***

Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    At 12 weeks I would say you are ok and on track. I'll be the first to say I don't know much about the sodium or sugar intake but the rest looks good.
    Personally, I shoot for about 1/2 to 3/4 lb weight loss per week when on a cut. I like to go slow; in my mind I'm losing the least amount of muscle that way; and I'm still lifting heavy as usual to retain muscle.
    How has your weight loss track been week to week?
    I cannot give you exact statistics on how much weight I've lost (since my weight has been fluctuating between 170-178lbs) but up until the 12 week out mark I've gone from 16% BF to 12.5% since January 1st (First day back to serious dieting/cardio/heavy weight training). Between then and now (contest prep) I stuck to around 2100 calories per day (40/40/20 macros).

But thank you for the feedback. I also wanted input on the following:

CHEAT MEALS/CARB CYCLING -
    Week 12-8 - Cheat meal on Sunday Night every SECOND week. Basically 1 cheat meal at the end of Week 11.

Week 8-Final Week - By about 6 weeks out, we start to move more into carb cycling and using refeeds instead of cheat meal. Every 4th Day have an extra 100g of Carbs. (Note on Calendar)

^ The above is how I plan on executing re-feeds and consistent fat loss progress (hormonal spikes with cheat meals to boost fat loss, etc.)

Any suggestions?