Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Ginalina is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Superfluous fatty deposits, where to put them)?

dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Ginalina View Post
    Superfluous fatty deposits, where to put them)?
    leave them on a bench in the form of sweat :-)
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing new for most around here, but for the first time in my life I actually have abs, without flexing, in fluorescent lighting. Plenty more work to do, but a nice visual indicator that I'm making progress.

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by blue9steel View Post
    Nothing new for most around here, but for the first time in my life I actually have abs, without flexing, in fluorescent lighting. Plenty more work to do, but a nice visual indicator that I'm making progress.
    Hell yeah man! First time I ever saw mine was at 35 and what a feeling as it was literally something I had always wanted and never did the right things to get.

They are currently in hibernation as I work to get my 315 squat but I'll hopefully be able to bring them out again next year

blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) blue9steel has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by harrygrayson View Post
    Im stuck on 200 atm.
    I'm no bench expert that's for sure. The two things that have worked for me have been working on my form and making sure I used a well balanced routine. Other than that it's more about just making sure you're eating right and putting in the time. I'm cutting right now so it's only going up in 1/4lb increments.

Powerlifting in disguise induced_drag's Avatar
    induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Fun gym night tonight. Working full upper to make up for taking yesterday off.

When I went for back, I did a few pullups to warm up and went to bent rows. I just felt good. I kept putting on weight, and felt even better. Have not been training 'heavy' but I just ran with it tonight. I have never rowed 405 (heaviest I usually go is 365). Well tonight 365 felt good at 7 reps so I said what the hell.... and slapped 405 on. Never done it before but did a decent 3 rep set. My lower back felt solid and no strain at all. My hamstring twitched a touch on the second rep. That is a lot of stress jerking the weight around.

I did strict good mornings for the first time ever with a younger guy in the gym last week. Maybe that is why my lower back felt so good and I had the confidence to go up that high.

Anyway....just a fun training tid bit. No vid.....but I have not taken to e-stating
    RAW lifts
    635 Dead http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mATRBZ0gwdg
    585x7 Dead reps http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6yf2ZkdNNNQ
    420 Bench (paused) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MJ2_Q-TLIB8
    535 Squat https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdgVaiTi4-8&feature=youtu.be

daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000) daawhitty is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Great.. nice boss. I’m still a few weeks away, should be visible at the end of my cut.
    New Year New Me - Lifting after serious illness
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175332111&p=1542264891#post1542264891
    FMH Crew - playing the iron game

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Its been a slow going few weeks for me. I'm not sure what happened by the scale slowed down a good bit, and this week I'm likely going to see a small increase to about 178 lbs from 176.5 last week. I know the scale isn't the be all end all, but that's what I have been using along with the mirror and I'd expect to continue to see .75-1lb loss at my current intake. I did have a high calorie day and the first substantial amount of carbs at my sons birthday party on Saturday but I wouldn't expect the bloat to hang on for more than a couple days...Not real sure what I am going to do at this point. I'm tempted to take a diet break and starting to feel like I could use one. If I did I'd probably just raise my cals up to the 2400-2500 range. I planned to be in the mid 170s now and hopefully low 170s by July 1 where I would start trying to gain back the LBM I have lost on the way down (40lbs in about 5.5 months). I plan to stay lean either way, not sure if I should try to add back a little mass now or keep trying to grind away at the last remaining bit of fat....

dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) dazlittle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    Its been a slow going few weeks for me. I'm not sure what happened by the scale slowed down a good bit, and this week I'm likely going to see a small increase to about 178 lbs from 176.5 last week. I know the scale isn't the be all end all, but that's what I have been using along with the mirror and I'd expect to continue to see .75-1lb loss at my current intake. I did have a high calorie day and the first substantial amount of carbs at my sons birthday party on Saturday but I wouldn't expect the bloat to hang on for more than a couple days...Not real sure what I am going to do at this point. I'm tempted to take a diet break and starting to feel like I could use one. If I did I'd probably just raise my cals up to the 2400-2500 range. I planned to be in the mid 170s now and hopefully low 170s by July 1 where I would start trying to gain back the LBM I have lost on the way down (40lbs in about 5.5 months). I plan to stay lean either way, not sure if I should try to add back a little mass now or keep trying to grind away at the last remaining bit of fat....
    My advice FWIW is to keep going, it takes a lot of mental preparation to do a strict cut for a prolonged period. Like you said you've lost 40Lbs and you're 5-6Lbs away from your target of low 170's. Keep plugging away for another 5 or 6 weeks and I'm sure you will be happy you did.

Then you can re-asses and add back in some calories.
    Instagram - @dazlittle123

ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ectoBgone has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Its been a slow going few weeks for me. ... I'm tempted to take a diet break and starting to feel like I could use one.
    What about sodium intake around the same time as those carbs? Could that be manipulating things? I really don't know if a high carb day has a more prolonged effect when on Keto versus other diets, but that bump does seem to be clinging longer than expected. Really odd, there is no way it's fat though.

I wasn't going to say anything until you brought it up, but I just came off a week long diet break with a training deload during the same time. By the end of it, I definitely felt rejuvenated, and about 3-4 days after returning from the diet break the needle started moving really fast again. If you don't have any hard and fast deadlines I would give it a shot, especially since you've been dieting this long. A week is not a lot of time to 'lose' in the grand scheme of things and you'll find out whether or not those breaks are helpful to you or not. My $.02.

Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Cantplankwell has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    cant help with the last couple of posts, this is all new to me.

Down from 187 ish first week of April..approx, I stand at 175.4 this morning.

Question of my own, I have started to notice some loose skin, around my gut and chest. Does this go away in time? Please say yes I dont want to look like a Labrador puppy.
    Strength + Cardio + Proprioception = dominance

Lots of holidays, vacation, work events and such coming up. I've got another week and a half of cutting till I'm done with this cycle then I'm going to switch over and bulk for 14 weeks. After that I have a good stretch where I can cut again until the winter holiday season starts.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by dazlittle View Post
    My advice FWIW is to keep going, it takes a lot of mental preparation to do a strict cut for a prolonged period. Like you said you've lost 40Lbs and you're 5-6Lbs away from your target of low 170's. Keep plugging away for another 5 or 6 weeks and I'm sure you will be happy you did.

Then you can re-asses and add back in some calories.
    Yea I probably should just keep going. I still have fat to lose, its just getting frustrating the last few weeks. I put my numbers from my log book into a table and its really only slowed down since I had a stomach bug and a 3lb scale drop which was an anomaly. But the calculated change in my TDEE is fuking with my head. I *should be stabilized and back on track by now losing around 1lb per week or around there.

Originally Posted by ectoBgone View Post
    What about sodium intake around the same time as those carbs? Could that be manipulating things? I really don't know if a high carb day has a more prolonged effect when on Keto versus other diets, but that bump does seem to be clinging longer than expected. Really odd, there is no way it's fat though.

I wasn't going to say anything until you brought it up, but I just came off a week long diet break with a training deload during the same time. By the end of it, I definitely felt rejuvenated, and about 3-4 days after returning from the diet break the needle started moving really fast again. If you don't have any hard and fast deadlines I would give it a shot, especially since you've been dieting this long. A week is not a lot of time to 'lose' in the grand scheme of things and you'll find out whether or not those breaks are helpful to you or not. My $.02.
    Sodium could be a factor, I don't get much unless I add it to my foods, and when I crave it I add a lot and have been lately so my bro-collie gets a liberal amount of salt as do some of my meats. Maybe I'll just keep going and take the pressure off of myself a little to see scale losses. I've been hungrier the last several days, and I was losing fine around 2300 but lowered cals another 100 or so after the two weeks of slower than planned scale loss. I did start taking Arachidonic acid (ARA) which is supposed to give ya huge gainz (lulz) but I doubt I should be seeing scale increases, but hard to say. The study results were good as were anecdotal reports. Certainly not making me much stronger though so I kinda doubt I've added lean mass in what should be a at LEAST a 500 cal deficit.

Anyway the last 3 weeks are the source of my bitter frustration. I had a stomach bug the week I lost 3lbs, I was puking like the exorcist and doing everything I could to hold down some protein, then everything went to $hit....

Week 1 -3.6 lbs 1980 Cals/ Day
    Week 2 -3 lbs 1930 Cals/ Day 3400 TDEE
    Week 3 -1.5 lbs 2075 Cals/ Day 2825 TDEE
    Week 4 -2 lbs 1900 Cals /Day 2900 TDEE
    Week 5 -2.1 lbs 1875 Cals/ Day 2925 TDEE
    Week 6 -1.083 lbs 1990 Cals/ Day 2905 TDEE
    Week 7 -2.12 lbs 1990 Cals/ Day 3050 TDEE
    Week 8 -1.6 lbs 2050 Cals/ Day 2850 TDEE
    Week 9 -2 lbs 2100 Cals/ Day 3100 TDEE
    Week 10 -1.7 lbs 2200 Cals/ Day 3050 TDEE
    Week 11 -1.5 lbs 2175 Cals/ Day 3075 TDEE
    Week 12 -1.8 Lbs 2150 Cals/ Day 3050 TDEE
    Week 13 -1.2 lbs 2125 Cals/ Day 2725 TDEE
    Week 14 -1.4 lbs 2205 Cals/ Day 2900 TDEE
    Week 15 -1.7 lbs 2325 Cals/ Day 3175 TDEE
    Week 16 -1.75 lbs 2225 Cals/ Day 3100 TDEE
    Week 17 -1.6 lbs 2175 Cals/ Day 2975 TDEE
    Week 18 -1.55 lbs 2335 Cals/ Day 3085 TDEE
    Week 19 -3.1 lbs 2380 Cals Day 3930 TDEE (sick)
    Week 20 -.4 lbs 2400 Cals / Day 2600 TDEE
    Week 21 -.3 lbs 2325 Cals/ Day 2450 TDEE
    Week 22 +1.4 lbs

Maybe someone is stuffing me full of doughnuts in my sleep...I think my tracking is on point as it has been the entire time honestly...I did recently start drinking diet coke, but that shouldn't do anything I was drinking artificially sweetened green teas before. Just had a taste for carbonated for a bit...

Also have been running my protein a little higher maybe that is increasing glycogen stores. I don't look fatter I guess. Maybe I'll dip back deeper into ketosis for a bit and see if that helps the bit of added hunger I'm dealing with...Hunger plus sub par results = me

Just did some bloods post lunch walk BHB .5 mmol/L and glucose 99 which are lower and higher respectively, than I had been with protein at or just under 1g/lb
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-30-2018 at 11:29 AM.

Yea I probably should just keep going. I still have fat to lose, its just getting frustrating the last few weeks. I put my numbers from my log book into a table and its really only slowed down since I had a stomach bug and a 3lb scale drop which was an anomaly. But the calculated change in my TDEE is fuking with my head. I *should be stabilized and back on track by now losing around 1lb per week or around there.
    Some of that looks illness related, some is metabolic adaptation, but the biggest thing I see is that your average calorie intake is rising the longer you cut. If it were me, I'd be tempted to do a diet break for a couple of weeks to get things revved back up and my head back in the game before the final push. The other option is to grit your teeth, crank the calories back down and just endure until you're done.

Some of that looks illness related, some is metabolic adaptation, but the biggest thing I see is that your average calorie intake is rising the longer you cut. If it were me, I'd be tempted to do a diet break for a couple of weeks to get things revved back up and my head back in the game before the final push. The other option is to grit your teeth, crank the calories back down and just endure until you're done.
    I'm sure the big drop was illness related. Maybe it just makes sense I'd bounce back up a little IDK. I wouldn't think metabolic adaptation would come on that fast where my TDEE drops by 400+ cals all at once, it should be gradual as weight is lost and it has been remaining pretty steady in the 2900+ range for the entire time pretty much until the last few weeks. I did increase my calories intentionally as I wanted to slow the rate of loss down and come in with about a 600 cal deficit instead of 750+ for where I was. I am trying to balance not losing strength and muscle while I go, and lifts started decreasing a little faster so I brought cals up. I have been running about 2200 this week though to see if I can get things moving again....I know I'll never look like I want to look, I have unrealistic expectations, but progress towards the goal keeps me motivated. I hate feeling like I'm just beating my head against the wall. If I drop my protein back down and increase fat to get back a little deeper into ketosis I'm sure I could get by on lower cals due to less hunger, but it doesn't seem as effective in retaining muscle as running my protein in the 1-1.2g/lb range which also seems to increase my hunger a bit...

Edit to add: scale slowdown coincides exactly with start of ARA supplement...maybe it makes me retain water. It’s just a fatty acid found in red meat though...
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 05-31-2018 at 02:43 AM.

induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) induced_drag has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I started this thread 3 months ago with the goal of

-Leaning out some without obsessing about diet
    -Deadlifting 585 again after taking 2 years off deadlifting
    -Squat 'heavy' again.

-I checked off the 585 deadlift with a tripple a few weeks back.
    -The squats just have not held my interest. Still doing the silly no handed stuff and working TUT etc. Just lacking the motivation to go heavy squats again.

I know I have been headed in the right direction, just by looking in the mirror but it has been at least 2 months since I stepped on the scale. I am down about 7 lbs. Sitting at 205. My guess is my morning weight is 202-203.

Been a year or more since I have done a posing vid. Cant seem to find better lighting in my gym at home. Washes me out a little. But I am feeling OK. Turned 45 a bit back and not feeling too bad.

I have been mistaken more and more for a 'bodybuilder' the past few years, but I certainly dont have my act together enough for that! So for now, I am just going for beach shape and call it good. Still never quite get to where I want to get, but summer is not here yet.

RAW lifts

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by induced_drag View Post

I have been mistaken more and more for a 'bodybuilder' the past few years, but I certainly dont have my act together enough for that!
    Induced, very impressive physique! I would also "mistake" you for a bodybuilder LOL.

tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) tblodg15 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Joining this thread late so my 2018 goals are to continue in this 500 calorie deficit through June. Then during July I will gradually work towards maintenance while losing another 1 to 2 more lbs. August I will maintain 170 for a month before starting a lean bulk in September which I am excited about after being in a deficit for most of the last year and a half.

For progress I am taking it slow with squats I just started doung recently. In January I started working my legs with leg press, leg extensions, leg curls, and dead lifts. I started doing squats 3 weeks ago and my first time did 205 x 6 as my highest set. The next session I did two sets of 205 x 6 and yesterday I did two sets of 205 x 8. I am taking it slow and avoiding the temptation to jump right to reps with 225 because I realize this is a marathon and not a sprint. It seems kind of funny squatting with similar weight and reps that I bench with but I have not done squats since high school which is 32+ years ago! So I will take slow progress and work on form even though I could handle higher weight.

Progress update finally the scale jumped down to where it should be at 173.8 lbs today (hopefully it stays). I had some tracking errors I identified in my roasted cauliflower which was putting my cals off by about 170 higher than I thought on days I'd eat that, but the stall seems to have just been holding some water for whatever reason. Looking pretty lean, abs are getting deep, can see the muscles up my oblique's and getting some veins moving up my lower abdomen. Having decent training sessions, but have lost some strength. I ordered a new belt yesterday since I have drilled holes in my old one and was due for another new hole, but the tag end almost wraps around me at this point. Ordered a Rogue Ohio belt, hopefully it wont need much break-in since I don't want to be hanging poolside with bruising wrapping around my core. Also ordered a new set of calipers and body tape since I can't find my old junky one, just to start having another metric when the scale isn't cooperating, it will be more useful when I transition back to trying to SLOWLY regain any LBM I've lost dropping 44 lbs since December. Certainly leaner than I have ever been in my life including when I wrestled and would drop several weight classes over the season. Really looking forward to seeing where I end up when I finish this diet off and start to eat around maintenance and fill back out.
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-05-2018 at 06:57 AM.

ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I ordered a new belt yesterday since I have drilled holes in my old one and was due for another new hole, but the tag end almost wraps around me at this point. Ordered a Rogue Ohio belt, hopefully it wont need much break-in since I don't want to be hanging poolside with bruising wrapping around my core.
    I ordered this one almost 2 years ago now.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-lifting-belt

This particular belt never really "broke in" IMO. It's just a thicker/stiffer leather than most belts I've used. It provides good support, but does leave lines on my core for a few hours post-squats. I still have plenty of holes left in it to go smaller, but I'm also down enough in waist to where the tail end is getting pretty long. Looks like the Ohio belt may have a little more give to it based on the leather difference. Over twice the price.
    Epic Beard Man crew

My Journal: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=164109201&page=61

Originally Posted by ajdahlheimer View Post
    I ordered this one almost 2 years ago now.

https://www.roguefitness.com/rogue-echo-lifting-belt

This particular belt never really "broke in" IMO. It's just a thicker/stiffer leather than most belts I've used. It provides good support, but does leave lines on my core for a few hours post-squats. I still have plenty of holes left in it to go smaller, but I'm also down enough in waist to where the tail end is getting pretty long. Looks like the Ohio belt may have a little more give to it based on the leather difference. Over twice the price.
    Yea you will always get some redness etc using a belt but the non-bonded veggie tanned top grain leather is a world of difference in terms of comfort. I bought my wife a belt identical to the Rogue Echo (probably same maker -imported) and it is stiff AF, but good for the price and it won't be breaking). I think the skin gets tougher with use too, when I first started wearing my current belt I would have some pretty nasty bruising. Its been too loose to even leave marks last couple months, I don't even need to use the upright on the squat rack to put it on or take it off . Twice the price, but they pretty much last forever so its worth it. I have a about $4k in a home gym I don't use and an expensive pair of squat shoes that are boxed up in said gym, I consider it an investment in my health . I ordered my wife a hip circle this morning for her booty gain goals that she had in the cart since she will be receiving the packages, always good to have a little present for her so she forgets to ask how much my new belt was...

ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) ajdahlheimer has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yea you will always get some redness etc using a belt but the non-bonded veggie tanned top grain leather is a world of difference in terms of comfort. I bought my wife a belt identical to the Rogue Echo (probably same maker -imported) and it is stiff AF, but good for the price and it won't be breaking). I think the skin gets tougher with use too, when I first started wearing my current belt I would have some pretty nasty bruising. Its been too loose to even leave marks last couple months, I don't even need to use the upright on the squat rack to put it on or take it off . Twice the price, but they pretty much last forever so its worth it. I have a about $4k in a home gym I don't use and an expensive pair of squat shoes that are boxed up in said gym, I consider it an investment in my health . I ordered my wife a hip circle this morning for her booty gain goals that she had in the cart since she will be receiving the packages, always good to have a little present for her so she forgets to ask how much my new belt was...
    Yeah, I am right with you as far as how much in total I've spent on my home gym over the years. My rule is I force myself to USE everything I buy. I don't have any lifting or safety equipment that is just lying around. The stiff belt took some getting used to, as I had always used a buck-skin type one before (just never a good enough quality one, so they never lasted). I love Rogue stuff fwiw. I have several bands of theirs and also some clothes and a hat.
    Epic Beard Man crew

MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MrNismo is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ... can see the muscles up my oblique's and getting some veins moving up my lower abdomen.
    Everyone has that 'thing' that they consider one of the holy grails of being in shape and mines always been having veins in lower abdomen which I've seen for a grand total of approximately 3 months in my whole life lol. Unfortunately for me I've never been able to accomplish both decent size AND ab veins like you.

As for my status against my goal of a 3 plate squat and 'not fat' this year I'm holding steady. I missed my first squat rep in many years this past Friday. Hit 290 week before and attempted 295 but had to dump it -- gracefully at least

Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    Induced, very impressive physique! I would also "mistake" you for a bodybuilder LOL.
    Ha....not sure if that is good or bad

Originally Posted by tblodg15 View Post
    Joining this thread late so my 2018 goals are ...........
    Welcome to the party! Post some updates as thing move along. We are all fighting the same battle!

.... Ordered a Rogue Ohio belt, hopefully it wont need much break-in since I don't want to be hanging poolside with bruising wrapping around my core. ..
    After I leaned out my 10mm inzer belt just tears me up. It is funny how a belt rides differently as you lean the midsection, but the belt just cuts into me now. So....I almost never wear it. Belts are not safety devices. They just allow you to lift more. Strengthen your core over time, and you dont need it. I dont use it unless I am attempting a single or double (which I almost never do).

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post
    Everyone has that 'thing' that they consider one of the holy grails of being in shape and mines always been having veins in lower abdomen which I've seen for a grand total of approximately 3 months in my whole life lol. Unfortunately for me I've never been able to accomplish both decent size AND ab veins like you.

As for my status against my goal of a 3 plate squat and 'not fat' this year I'm holding steady. I missed my first squat rep in many years this past Friday. Hit 290 week before and attempted 295 but had to dump it -- gracefully at least
    The midsection leaning is tough. I too have lost my ab veins, but the midsection is really prone to bloat. Just a week of pulling back carbs and the midsection is impacted more than any are on me. I have had bodybuilders tell me that so much of your midsection is water and where I might think I am way out of shape, that I might see I am not that 'far out' if I were to cut water just for the heck of it...... In the end, I am not that worried, but it was interesting to know.

315 is not that far away. At this point, it is very small changes and the difference between a 'dump' and success, is just a small groove. Good luck!
    RAW lifts

Cut went very well but I managed to catch a cold from my wife and both my cut and training are canceled as of last Sunday. Pics and stats to be posted later. Once I finish being sick then I'm bulking for a while which will be fun.

Yeah, I am right with you as far as how much in total I've spent on my home gym over the years. My rule is I force myself to USE everything I buy. I don't have any lifting or safety equipment that is just lying around. The stiff belt took some getting used to, as I had always used a buck-skin type one before (just never a good enough quality one, so they never lasted). I love Rogue stuff fwiw. I have several bands of theirs and also some clothes and a hat.
    My rule is I use nothing I buy . Its more my wife's gym honestly, I prefer larger spaces and more equipment. I like to train using supersets and while its possible in my garage gym, I can't do all of the same antagonistic pairings that I can with more space and more equipment of a commercial gym (or bigger home gym). Rogue does make great stuff, price wise they are pretty competitive and shipping is incredibly fast (or is for me this time) belt should be delivered tomorrow..

Originally Posted by MrNismo View Post

I had a little bit of a lower ab vein in 2016 but it was just visible, they are sticking up this year. Still have some jiggle though (some loose skin too that hopefully tightens up when filled out) and want to thin my skin out a little more around my lower stomach above the veins. I am not exactly huge at 5'8" 174, but I am handling being smaller better because I bought smaller clothes so I wouldn't be able to see the size loss as much, it has helped mentally. I do look bigger shirtless, but at this weight I'm not as blocky as I am used to being in clothes, if I decide I want to be fatter I know how to do that like a pro ...Build those reps at 275 and occasionally hitting some heavier triples etc. IMO if you can do 275x5 you can hit a 315 single.

After I leaned out my 10mm inzer belt just tears me up. It is funny how a belt rides differently as you lean the midsection, but the belt just cuts into me now. So....I almost never wear it. Belts are not safety devices. They just allow you to lift more. Strengthen your core over time, and you dont need it. I dont use it unless I am attempting a single or double (which I almost never do).
    Great to see the vid BTW, I should learn to pose, I did watch the Layne Norton peak week series which I found helpful...I'll wait until I'm peaked though before I take a vid, keto leaves me pretty flat most of the time.
    I'll probably be feeling the new belt a little more when I can actually "use it". I leave my belt off until my heaviest work set(s) on squats and deads and do not rely on it as a safety device, but it allows me to do some more high intensity work after my core/lower back start to fatigue from my lighter work sets. The thing I've noticed more than anything with squats and being leaner is the bar. When I am a little fluffier the bar feels great on my back, lately unless I have it positioned perfectly it is pretty uncomfortable like its just grinding into me. I almost wrapped a towel around it for my last work set today, but couldn't bring myself to do it. I am squatting high bar though, maybe if I could get some extra shoulder mobility to get comfortable with low bar it would be better IDK.

Cut went very well but I managed to catch a cold from my wife and both my cut and training are canceled as of last Sunday. Pics and stats to be posted later. Once I finish being sick then I'm bulking for a while which will be fun.
    Hope its a short one, transitioning into a maintenance or surplus after dieting for a stretch is always fun. That feeling of just being supercharged and looking leaner than when you were dieting is always the best feeling in the world.

PP....yep....squats are way more uncomfortable on a leand out back. Funny, I am no wuss, but uea, it is downright painful at times. I get bruising andnsome pretty bad redness now if I go heavy. Does not start to feel bad till 405ish. I started putting a towel over my shoulders,neck and that helps a lot. Even standing calves have become uncomfortable. A gym towel does wonders. As for instability, I squat no handed with a towel and don't have issues

Definitely soot a vid. You can't look any more stupid that me. . I find it does a much better job of showing what you really look like. I can take a pic and look huge or small. Angles,light...etc. But vids have become my way of tracking progress...(even though there is not much to track)
    RAW lifts

PP....yep....squats are way more uncomfortable on a leand out back. Funny, I am no wuss, but uea, it is downright painful at times. I get bruising andnsome pretty bad redness now if I go heavy. Does not start to feel bad till 405ish. I started putting a towel over my shoulders,neck and that helps a lot. Even standing calves have become uncomfortable. A gym towel does wonders. As for instability, I squat no handed with a towel and don't have issues

Definitely soot a vid. You can't look any more stupid that me. . I find it does a much better job of showing what you really look like. I can take a pic and look huge or small. Angles,light...etc. But vids have become my way of tracking progress...(even though there is not much to track)
    Ya I'm finding them painful even at 315, I might try a towel...If I get the bar in the exact spot it needs to be its okay, but it seems like if I'm off by just a little bit it freaking hurts. I was doing no handed squats again for awhile, but have switched to BB lunges for my higher rep leg "finisher" and they are tearing me up. The DOMS I get from 4x8 lunges with light weight is crazy.

I might shoot a vid when I get to where I want to be. I'm getting closer. My waist is under 31" Navy chart puts me at about 11-12% using all the measurements and formula. I need to find someplace with decent lighting and learn how to pose. I'm also really flat right now running my carbs so low (less than 30g day net most days)
    Last edited by Plateauplower; 06-07-2018 at 05:48 AM.

Latest update: 2 months into diet now. Down to 220.6 this morning. So around 15 pounds since I started cutting down. Right on track for where I want to be by the end of June.

-AJ
    Update: Hit my goal weight (currently 215.8) two weeks earlier than my deadline. Down about 20 pounds in 13 weeks. Gonna keep this thing going this time. Last time I cut from 245 to 215 and stopped there. I want to get lower this time, and I should be able to since I was lighter when I started my diet this time around (around 235). Feeling great right now.

-AJ
    Epic Beard Man crew