Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50) Ckdjim will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Does it hurt to do isolation exercises on a 3 day full body program

like Fierce 5? For example I do F5 on MWF, even though the bis/tris are added in on alternating days; would it still hurt to do a couple sets of curls or tri extensions on Tuesday Thursday? Or would this be overtraining.

tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) tdod101 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Over training. Don't do it. Arm muscles are small, and they need adequate recovery from all the heavy compound lifting. Just use the off days to rest or do light cardio and stretch.

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    F5 already has some isolations. You don't need to add any.

So the general answer to your question is no, it doesn't hurt to have isolation lifts in a full body routine.

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Isolations are a must for some people, and not needed at all for other people. However, do NOT do this on off days if you're lifting full body or upper/lower 3-4 days per week. You need recovery. You can always add a set here and there on the work-out days.

Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Forshy is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    If you feel like you need to add extra work in I wouldn't do it on your rest days.. those are for rest.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    i added a couple sets for neurotic purposes on Day 3. Basically I increased the bi / tri calf / ab to twice a week, by always alternating on day 3. This is up from the programmed 1.5x a week, and likely didn't do anything or hurt anything, but made me feel better. I also did 3 sets instead of 2, because it bugged me everything else was 3 sets.

I actually had to take the tricep iso out of the program towards the end though, because I was already having issues recovering from benches 3x a week.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5

mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mdonnelly80 is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    No... The novice training programs available provide more than enough volume to make gains and deviating from that will impede your ability to progress. Especially if you're adding in more exercises on your rest days.

And, honestly, this isn't just limited to novice programs; it's intermediate and advanced programs as well. I'm a big fan of 5/3/1 and it's been my primary training program since it's inception. That program offers a lot of variety in terms of assistance/isolation work but I opt for the assistance exercises that are going to help bring up my bench, squat, DL, and OHP and avoid any that I don't feel are going to directly improve them. For example, Wendler includes direct bicep work within the program but I only do hammer curls or reverse curls on occasion as it will improve my grip. My biceps get more than enough work from pull ups/pull downs and rows. You have the option of doing direct tricep exercises as well but I have had much more success upping the volume on my pressing exercises and/or doing dips. Either of these approaches provides more bang for my buck as they're not only building my triceps, they're stressing the other muscles involved in pressing as well.

So, there's two morals to this story. Firstly, follow the programs as they're written. They're tried and true and you will make strength gains and improvements in aesthetics along the way. Secondly, IMO, avoid exercises that aren't going to help you make those strength gains. Getting a good pump from added sets of preacher curls might feel worthwhile at the time but you'll regret it when you stall on various exercises because you've over-trained.
    "The Iron never lies to you. You can walk outside and listen to all kinds of talk, get told that you’re a god or a total bastard. The Iron will always kick you the real deal. The Iron is the great reference point, the all-knowing perspective giver. Always there like a beacon in the pitch black. I have found the Iron to be my greatest friend. It never freaks out on me, never runs. Friends may come and go. But two hundred pounds is always two hundred pounds." -Henry Rollins