Registered User BritishAchilles's Avatar
    BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)

Skinny fat Bulking progress, I want to cut for 8 weeks for summer

Hi,
    So I posted on here a while ago of my slight skinny fat transformation and was convinced to bulk, and change up routine. I started SL 5x5 and have made some progress squat 100kg for 5 62.5kg bench for 5, OHP 37.5kg for 5, barbell row 60kg for 5 at my current weight of 71/72kg but have now gained alot of body fat, and feel that in terms of gaining some aethetics for summer, I should attempt an 8 week cut, then after summer bulk again. I've definatly been sloppy with diet in terms of bulking, ill post pics down below of progress, but just wanted opinions and feedback, cheers.
    Attached Images

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by BritishAchilles View Post
    Hi,
    So I posted on here a while ago of my slight skinny fat transformation and was convinced to bulk, and change up routine. I started SL 5x5 and have made some progress squat 100kg for 5 62.5kg bench for 5, OHP 37.5kg for 5, barbell row 60kg for 5 at my current weight of 71/72kg but have now gained alot of body fat, and feel that in terms of gaining some aethetics for summer, I should attempt an 8 week cut, then after summer bulk again. I've definatly been sloppy with diet in terms of bulking, ill post pics down below of progress, but just wanted opinions and feedback, cheers.
    Exactly how long have you bulked and how much weight did you gain over that time? You're carrying a lot of body fat.

BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) BritishAchilles has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Originally Posted by CommitmentRulz View Post
    Exactly how long have you bulked and how much weight did you gain over that time? You're carrying a lot of body fat.
    Probally on and off for about a year and a half, i went from 130 pounds to where I am at currently around 156-158 pounds, at 5'7 and yeah hence the reason I want to cut

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You shouldn't have bulked like that, especially if you are skinnyfat. You need cut down to around ~15% then LEAN bulk. Avoid the yo-yo up and down cutting/bulking cycle, as it results in so much wasted time and effort. Plus if you are/were skinnyfat, you are already at a genetic disadvantage because that spare tire comes back FAST.

[QUOTE=Diamhea;1546046091]You shouldn't have bulked like that, especially if you are skinnyfat. You need cut down to around ~15% then LEAN bulk. Avoid the yo-yo up and down cutting/bulking cycle, as it results in so much wasted time and effort. Plus if you are/were skinnyfat, you are already at a genetic disadvantage because that spare tire comes back FAST.

thanks for feedback, if you had to guesstimate bf% what do you think it would be? Also Should I begin cutting sooner, considering I want to have somewhat aesthetics during summer ;/

Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Diamhea has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are over 20 %. If you start now you can still make it for Summer. You have some muscle, so you won't look bad. Assuming this is your goal, you can also use that as a better starting point to lean bulk later on. Learn from this mistake. Getting this fat is almost NEVER a good idea for beginner natties

CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) CommitmentRulz has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Your lifts are fairly low for a 19-year-old who has been in the gym for a year and a half. What workout are you following? (Specifics - not a day of week and body part).

Your lifts are fairly low for a 19-year-old who has been in the gym for a year and a half. What workout are you following? (Specifics - not a day of week and body part).
    Because my lifts were so poor I started Stronglifts 5x5, as a result of not having a structured routine, I have made progress despite whether if you think its good or bad, considering at the start december I was only squatting 40kg with poor form, and hadent been doing rows or deadlifts

edit: however bench is at a stalement and struggerling hard to improve the numbers
    Last edited by BritishAchilles; 03-11-2018 at 05:54 AM.

Because my lifts were so poor I started Stronglifts 5x5, as a result of not having a structured routine, I have made progress despite whether if you think its good or bad, considering at the start december I was only squatting 40kg with poor form, and hadent been doing rows or deadlifts

edit: however bench is at a stalement and struggerling hard to improve the numbers
    So you bulked for a year and a half doing "something with weights" in the gym, but only the last 4 months was a structured program? I think we see the problem. ;-)

(And yes, that IS good progress on your squat!)

So you bulked for a year and a half doing "something with weights" in the gym, but only the last 4 months was a structured program? I think we see the problem. ;-)

(And yes, that IS good progress on your squat!)
    yeah I wasent progressing in strength at all for a year due to lack of knowledge so you could say ive been progressively overloading properly for past 4 months, hopefully ill be able to cut, but im fearing losing strength and muscle and will simply just cut down to a smaller,worser off looking self

UPDATE:

So began cutting 500 under maintenance I'd say a month ago, my overall aim is to cut to the point where im lean and potentially have abs as a milestone, so probably 10-13%, hopefully then finally do a nice lean bulk for 2-3 years, ill link the attached progress pictures ive made, appreciate feedback, im going with IIFYM approach to cutting so not completely restricted. Ive dropped from 100kg squat to 90kg, as been messing around with low bar and new squatting shoes ive purchased, bench has stayed same, deadlift is now 100kg/ rows at 62.5kg so I have not lost strength infact, have gained some in movements like incline dumbell press

Pics attached are just updated progress pics, would you say im on track and roughly guestimate body fat? And is it possible do you think to get lean within the next 8 week still?

EDIT: I know lighting is far superior to previous posts, but ya know...
    Attached Images

Originally Posted by britishachilles View Post
    update:

So began cutting 500 under maintenance i'd say a month ago, my overall aim is to cut to the point where im lean and potentially have abs as a milestone, so probably 10-13%, hopefully then finally do a nice lean bulk for 2-3 years, ill link the attached progress pictures ive made, appreciate feedback, im going with iifym approach to cutting so not completely restricted. Ive dropped from 100kg squat to 90kg, as been messing around with low bar and new squatting shoes ive purchased, bench has stayed same, deadlift is now 100kg/ rows at 62.5kg so i have not lost strength infact, have gained some in movements like incline dumbell press

pics attached are just updated progress pics, would you say im on track and roughly guestimate body fat? And is it possible do you think to get lean within the next 8 week still?

Edit: I know lighting is far superior to previous posts, but ya know...
    bump

LegitGains is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    UPDATE:

So began cutting 500 under maintenance I'd say a month ago, my overall aim is to cut to the point where im lean and potentially have abs as a milestone, so probably 10-13%, hopefully then finally do a nice lean bulk for 2-3 years, ill link the attached progress pictures ive made, appreciate feedback, im going with IIFYM approach to cutting so not completely restricted. Ive dropped from 100kg squat to 90kg, as been messing around with low bar and new squatting shoes ive purchased, bench has stayed same, deadlift is now 100kg/ rows at 62.5kg so I have not lost strength infact, have gained some in movements like incline dumbell press

Pics attached are just updated progress pics, would you say im on track and roughly guestimate body fat? And is it possible do you think to get lean within the next 8 week still?

EDIT: I know lighting is far superior to previous posts, but ya know...
    Looking good man! Keep cutting and keep on dieting. Remember, diet is key.
    On my journey to becoming 7% body fat and a professional bodybuilder.