lecithar is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Please critique my workout routine

Hello everyone, I used to work out regularly when I was young but had to take a break due to work reasons, but now I am looking to get back into it. My goal is to get stronger. How is my workout routine? My rationale for picking the exercises is mostly based off what I like to do and what feels good to me. Is there anything big missing or anything unnecessary?

Monday: Chest and Triceps
    3 x Bench Press (6-10 reps)
    3 x Dumbbell Fly (6-10 reps)
    3 x Overhead Triceps Extensions (6-10 reps)
    3 x Triceps Rope Pushdown (6-10 reps)

Wednesday: Back and Biceps
    3 x Deadlift (6-10 reps)
    3 x Dumbbell Row (6-10 reps)
    3 x Lat Pull Down (6-10 reps)
    3 x Standing Dumbbell Curl (6-10 reps)

Friday: Legs and Shoulders
    3 x Squats (6-10 reps)
    3 x Dumbbell Shoulder Press (6-10 reps)
    3 x Leg Extensions (6-10 reps)
    3 x Leg Curl (6-10 reps)

Han shot first! TolerantLactose's Avatar
    TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) TolerantLactose has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by lecithar View Post
    My goal is to get stronger.
    Strength training benefits from higher frequency and you have to be exposed to higher intensities. Your program lacks both.
    Am I therefore become your enemy, because I tell you the truth?
    Galatians 4:16

Prepare Perform Prevail SuicideGripMe's Avatar
    SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) SuicideGripMe is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by TolerantLactose View Post
    Strength training benefits from higher frequency and you have to be exposed to higher intensities. Your program lacks both.
    It's far from "optimal" but it's definitely not a terrible routine for general fitness. As a strength routine, it's not great though. Your reps are too high and you don't mention a progression plan. You could remedy this by running your squat, bench, and pull on a 5/3/1 template progression.
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=180003183&p=1635918623#post1635918623
    New Shanghai Log!

"225, 315, 405 whatever. Yeah these benchmark digits come to mean a lot to us, the few warriors in this arena. They are, however, just numbers. I'm guilty of that sh*t too, waiting for somebody to powder my nuts cuz I did 20 reps of whatever the **** on the bench. Big f*king deal. It is all relative." G Diesel