Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500) AkiraFudo is not very helpful. (-500)
    Inb4100000th post

Elramos26 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Good read. Bump

bullybot is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    MYTH: Low reps is for strength, high reps is for size.

Once beyond the novice stage, you will find that you need more and more volume to keep the results coming. THIS is where problems with lower rep sets will make themselves apparent.
    What's the definition of novice stage/how do I know if I am past it? Thanks

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by bullybot View Post
    What's the definition of novice stage/how do I know if I am past it? Thanks
    Novices can make progress in their lifting every workout or every week. Intermediate progress is slower. Note that this assumes you are doing everything correctly. There are many other reasons why you might not progress as quickly as you can.

There are some exrx strength standards tables (google it) which can give an idea on expected strength levels for different levels. There is obviously some debate about this but they can be viewed as broad averages for athletes.

machine54 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thanks for the post lots of good info. I want to build strength and am not focusing on size as I am actually trying to lean out for more definition.

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Originally Posted by machine54 View Post
    Thanks for the post lots of good info. I want to build strength and am not focusing on size as I am actually trying to lean out for more definition.
    Definition = muscle size + low bodyfat.

So you should still target hypertrophy training - but then reduce calorie intake too.

maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100) maryou10 is not very well liked. (-100)
    yes mr