Registered User MajorTendonitis's Avatar
    MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)

Protein powder doesn’t help with muscle recovery

Watched a recent program that was conducted in Australia, and there were doctors etc monitoring muscle growth in a bunch of individuals.
    They had one group take protein powder , and the other group was given a placebo .
    They were all doing resistance training with weights .
    At the end of the testing , there was no improvement with muscle growth in the group taking protein supplements.
    If I remember correctly, everyone was given the same diet and closely monitored .

After the research , they basically said to make sure you get protein in your diet, but supplements are unnecessary.

My question is , I swear that I heal faster when I add protein powder to my diet . So you would assume this would be promoting muscle growth .
    I don’t like the way it constipates me though . I think I need add some fiber to my shakes.

Anyone else notice improvements using protein powered, or any input on this subject ?
    Crazy people don’t know there crazy . I know I’m crazy, therefore I’m not crazy .
    Isn’t that crazy?

Common sense/moderation. gbullock32's Avatar
    gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) gbullock32 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Assuming you get enough protein from food then supplementing is not needed and will not be of any benefit in and of itself. Protein powder is just a processed protein product (usually from milk) and is not special.
    Short cuts to success are often paved with lies.
    1/13/16: Massive hernia.
    5/10/16: Finally back to lifting, light but improving.

Why Teens shouldn't cut/Lack of progress thread- http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=169272763&p=1397509823#post1397509823

Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Benjinkan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by MajorTendonitis View Post

After the research , they basically said to make sure you get protein in your diet, but supplements are unnecessary.
    Hence supplements, they are a convenient way to boost total intake of complete proteins if you are struggle to get them from regular food, but if your diet is on point they aren't required.
    Currently running: Madcow

*** Dawn Patrol Crew ***
    *AP7 crew*

Building bridges just to watch them burn

eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) eatyourspinach has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The stomach issues are probably from the protein you are using being primarily whey concentrate which can give people GI issues.
    I got aborted at 2 years old, parents kicked me out at 5, expelled in middle school, died in 9/11, got pregnant at 16, sold my baby for a happy meal, car accident at 23 but here I am today

saaqibj is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Watched a recent program that was conducted in Australia, and there were doctors etc monitoring muscle growth in a bunch of individuals.
    They had one group take protein powder , and the other group was given a placebo .
    They were all doing resistance training with weights .
    At the end of the testing , there was no improvement with muscle growth in the group taking protein supplements.
    If I remember correctly, everyone was given the same diet and closely monitored .

My question is , I swear that I heal faster when I add protein powder to my diet . So you would assume this would be promoting muscle growth .
    I don’t like the way it constipates me though . I think I need add some fiber to my shakes.

Anyone else notice improvements using protein powered, or any input on this subject ?
    whey protein helps in muscle recovery.. however, it won't if the protein quality is sub standard, which basically means that certain amino acids are denatured or not even present then this will not help in muscle recovery

Blue Star Nutraceuticals Gym God's Avatar
    Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Gym God has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Would love to see this study and rip through it.
    Chris Belanger | Vice President, Sales
    www.bluestarnutraceuticals.com

Stay Connected with Exclusive Content & Special Offers:
    Facebook: bluestarnutraceuticals
    Instagram: @bluestarnutraceuticals
    YouTube: bluestarnutraceuticals

Ketones Aren't Keto (Everything You Need To Know About Ketones) http://radlab.bluestarnutraceuticals.com/ketones-arent-keto/

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    Originally Posted by saaqibj View Post
    protein helps in muscle recovery
    Fixed
    MAN Sports Forum Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.
    Disclaimer 2: I still think BCAAs are not necessary

MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) MajorTendonitis is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I think I need to go shopping and start finding the best foods for protein intake . Can’t eat salmon and chicken everyday though.

I have tried 4 differant brands of protein powder at GNC and also bought some at the Bulk Barn, and gotten simular results with constipation .
    I need to buy some shredded wheat and put it in my blender with the juice and whey powder,as maybe that will help by providing fiber .
    I was lactose intolerant as a kid , and although things improved, I still have a little bit of issues with it .
    I had a bottle of amino acids from GNC , as I found it kept me awake at night, even if I took a few in the mornings with my shake .
    Somewhere I heard protein made from soy was not very good for you , but maybe my intestines will thank me if I switch to soy
    Crazy people don’t know there crazy . I know I’m crazy, therefore I’m not crazy .
    Isn’t that crazy?

lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) lucia316 has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    I think I need to go shopping and start finding the best foods for protein intake . Can’t eat salmon and chicken everyday though.

I have tried 4 differant brands of protein powder at GNC and also bought some at the Bulk Barn, and gotten simular results with constipation .
    I need to buy some shredded wheat and put it in my blender with the juice and whey powder,as maybe that will help by providing fiber .
    I was lactose intolerant as a kid , and although things improved, I still have a little bit of issues with it .
    I had a bottle of amino acids from GNC , as I found it kept me awake at night, even if I took a few in the mornings with my shake .
    Somewhere I heard protein made from soy was not very good for you , but maybe my intestines will thank me if I switch to soy
    Try using a WPI instead of a blend or WPC. Might help if lactose issues are still there. That could explain your stomach issues for sure.

Why couldn't you eat beef, pork, other fish, lamb, etc? In the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein. Just meet your macro. We buy sides of beef and half to full pigs from 4H, FFA or local farms and stock up in the freezer. Just makes it easy with different cuts and different recipes.

Not sure how aminos would keep you awake at night unless that product had a stimulant in it. It's like saying, I meat today and the amino acids from that breaking down are keeping me awake.

Finally, the only way protein powder would help with recovery is if you weren't meeting your macro. If you were already and just using extra, it's in your head.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep

Disclaimer: The statement above reflects that of my own opinion & in no way that of MAN Sports. MAN products are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure, or prevent any disease.

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Try using a WPI instead of a blend or WPC. Might help if lactose issues are still there. That could explain your stomach issues for sure.

Why couldn't you eat beef, pork, other fish, lamb, etc? In the context of a high protein diet of varied sources, protein is protein. Just meet your macro. We buy sides of beef and half to full pigs from 4H, FFA or local farms and stock up in the freezer. Just makes it easy with different cuts and different recipes.

Not sure how aminos would keep you awake at night unless that product had a stimulant in it. It's like saying, I meat today and the amino acids from that breaking down are keeping me awake.

Finally, the only way protein powder would help with recovery is if you weren't meeting your macro. If you were already and just using extra, it's in your head.
    I’d like to start my day with protein . Guess that’s where the eggs come in ,as I can’t see eating steak for breakfast.
    Sorry ,what’s WPI ?
    Isn’t that crazy?

I’d like to start my day with protein . Guess that’s where the eggs come in ,as I can’t see eating steak for breakfast.
    Sorry ,what’s WPI ?
    Sorry, I should have been specific. Whey Protein Isolate versus a blend of proteins or whey protein concentrate. WPI has little to no lactose in it.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep

Originally Posted by lucia316 View Post
    Sorry, I should have been specific. Whey Protein Isolate versus a blend of proteins or whey protein concentrate. WPI has little to no lactose in it.
    Thank you , as this is good to know . Will have check and see what I bought
    Isn’t that crazy?

nynethead has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

my son and I use organ organic protein. it is vegetable based and does not contain artificial sweetners, it does have stevia which is naturaL.

Originally Posted by nynethead View Post
    my son and I use organ organic protein. it is vegetable based and does not contain artificial sweetners, it does have stevia which is naturaL.
    Stevia extract goes through plenty of processing. Wouldn't call it natural.
    MAN Sports Forum Rep

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by gbullock32 View Post
    Assuming you get enough protein from food then supplementing is not needed and will not be of any benefit in and of itself. Protein powder is just a processed protein product (usually from milk) and is not special.
    My man, solid.

powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) powercage has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by nynethead View Post
    I can tell this is a troll post by the claim stevia is natural
    Controlled Labs Iron-Forged Formulator
    Email: Powercage [at] ControlledLabs.com
    www.ControlledLabs.com

►Free Samples◄
    CL: goo.gl/X5oegt

Free Controlled Labs supps for your CL labels: goo.gl/kylDte

Disclaimer: The above post is my personal opinion and does not represent the official position of any company or entity. It does not constitute medical advice.