abhinavvaid05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Help regarding muscle mass.!!

Hey guys!

I kind of need some suggestions regarding body mass because i am going to gym for more than year and a half now and my body weight is still same from last one year it always varies between 70-80 kg and i am eating 3 to 4 meals a day some times 3 .I am taking matrix whey protein and creatine from last two months and that is not even helping me so I am so confused what should I do now?
    But one of my pals he is a gym instructor, he suggested me to take anabolic steroids so that I at least have a initial start with the bulking or gaining body mass
    I am really confused and stressed so if anyone could give me any suggestion regarding that, it would be really appreciated!!
    Thank you
    Last edited by abhinavvaid05; 07-15-2012 at 12:36 PM. Reason: wrong

jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) jsmurray has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    Don't take anabolic steroids. That is my first recommendation. If you are trying to just put on flat weight, it is as simple as calories in, calories out. A somewhat accurate way to determine your Calorie burn rate is using the Harris-Benedict equation. If you are serious about putting on weight, you need to count the calories you eat, and be in the plus anywhere between 400-800 calories a day. If you are looking to put on just muscle mass, look up starting strength. I have seen many success stories using the 3x5 or 5x5 formulas.

Originally Posted by abhinavvaid05 View Post
    Hey guys!

I kind of need some suggestions regarding body mass because i am going to gym for more than year and a half now and my body weight is still same from last one year it always varies between 70-80 kg and i am eating 3 to 4 meals a day some times 3 .I am taking matrix whey protein and creatine from last two months and that is not even helping me so I am so confused what should I do now?
    But one of my pals he is a gym instructor, he suggested me to take anabolic steroids so that I at least have a initial start with the bulking or gaining body mass
    I am really confused and stressed so if anyone could give me any suggestion regarding that, it would be really appreciated!!
    Thank you
    Owner, Murray Health and Fitness
    www.MurrayHealthandFitness.com

Have questions? Feel free to contact me

Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10) Mikey6119x is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    OP is this a srs thread?

fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Hey guys!

Thank you
    Anabolic Steroids are certainly not the way to go....I was in a similar situation with regards to no longer putting on mass. I found it wasn't my overall calorie intake during the day that was lacking, it was maximizing my recovery ability at night. Casein protein or a nice Casein/Whey blend before bed allows your body to have a continued supply of protein and amino acids throughout the night. This will help maximize your recovery ability while you sleep. Whey is fully absorbed within 1.5 to 2 hrs...it has a very fast absorption rate. You're losing 4 hrs of recovery time while sleeping if you do not incorporate casein into your nutrition program. It's slow absorption rate is ideal for night time recovery and will help you gain more mass over time and push through that plateau.
    "Tough times don't last, only tough people..."

Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000) Michaellll is just really nice. (+1000)
    Hey guys!

Thank you
    First of all, tell your gym instructor to piss off. The main reason why you probably aren't gaining any body weight is because you aren't eating enough. Calculate how many calories you need to consume per day to maintain your weight and add another 200-500 calories to that. The amount of meals you consume per day doens't mather as long as you hit your calories that day.

rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10) rvadog is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by fitnessguy1183 View Post
    Anabolic Steroids are certainly not the way to go....I was in a similar situation with regards to no longer putting on mass. I found it wasn't my overall calorie intake during the day that was lacking, it was maximizing my recovery ability at night. Casein protein or a nice Casein/Whey blend before bed allows your body to have a continued supply of protein and amino acids throughout the night. This will help maximize your recovery ability while you sleep. Whey is fully absorbed within 1.5 to 2 hrs...it has a very fast absorption rate. You're losing 4 hrs of recovery time while sleeping if you do not incorporate casein into your nutrition program. It's slow absorption rate is ideal for night time recovery and will help you gain more mass over time and push through that plateau.

fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) fitnessguy1183 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    how is anything i said "bro science"?

abhinavvaid05 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Cheers guys for all your advice, i will keep all those points in mind .Really appreciated

Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So according to your post, if I don't incorporate casein protein into my diet (before sleeping), i'm losing a total of 28 hours or recovery, per week? Correct me if I misread your post, but that seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Please direct me toward the article/study that you read. I'm more than intrigued.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

Originally Posted by Goose102 View Post
    So according to your post, if I don't incorporate casein protein into my diet (before sleeping), i'm losing a total of 28 hours or recovery, per week? Correct me if I misread your post, but that seems a bit ridiculous, don't you think? Please direct me toward the article/study that you read. I'm more than intrigued.
    I guess I could have been more specific in regards to what I meant by 4 hrs of recovery time while sleeping. I thought it would be a bit obvious that you're not recovering AT ALL during those lost hours..... I meant you're not allowing yourself a more complete recovery if your body has nothing to recover with. Using casein before bed at least allows you to continue to have the nutrition available to recover with while you're sleeping. This obviously is a benefit to not using it at all. Of course you will continue to heal and repair during your sleep regardless, but having the casein available as opposed to nothing would certainly help out a lot.

smart-strength-training.com/casein-protein.html

bodybuilding.com/fun/nocturnal-noshing-6-snacks-you-can-eat-before-bed.html

*see part 6 of above article* there is a wealth of information about casein and nighttime recovery benefits.

one of many articles outlining the benefits of casein at night and whats lost during nighttime recovery without it.

blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000) blunose is just really nice. (+1000)
    I guess I could have been more specific in regards to what I meant by 4 hrs of recovery time while sleeping. I thought it would be a bit obvious that you're not recovering AT ALL during those lost hours..... I meant you're not allowing yourself a more complete recovery if your body has nothing to recover with. Using casein before bed at least allows you to continue to have the nutrition available to recover with while you're sleeping. This obviously is a benefit to not using it at all. Of course you will continue to heal and repair during your sleep regardless, but having the casein available as opposed to nothing would certainly help out a lot.

smart-strength-training.com/casein-protein.html

bodybuilding.com/fun/nocturnal-noshing-6-snacks-you-can-eat-before-bed.html

*see part 6 of above article* there is a wealth of information about casein and nighttime recovery benefits.

one of many articles outlining the benefits of casein at night and whats lost during nighttime recovery without it.
    disregarded entire argument as soon as bb.com was presented as a reliable source.
    Of course they're going to tell you you need it, they're trying to sell it to you!!

the truth is gaining weight is all about cals in vs cals out over eating what you like over a 24 hour period.

to gain weight eat more.

Originally Posted by blunose View Post
    disregarded entire argument as soon as bb.com was presented as a reliable source.
    Of course they're going to tell you you need it, they're trying to sell it to you!!

the truth is gaining weight is all about cals in vs cals out over eating what you like over a 24 hour period.

to gain weight eat more.
    Ok so lets all just eat cheeseburgers all day and sure we can gain weight. I'm under the assumption that the original poster was trying to gain FAT FREE mass...oh and possibly some muscle I guess, but maybe my assuming in the first place is where I'm going wrong. And as to your bb.com reference as not a reliable source for the simple fact that they're trying to sell me something....well who isn't trying to sell you something?

How about the U.S. National Library of Medicine....is that a reliable enough source for you? The article below outlines the benefits of combining casein and whey as a more potent muscle builder than whey protein alone.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16937979

I apologize, I'm not trying to be rude, but I guess I have a very strong opinion regarding the benefits of casein protein and nighttime recovery. It clearly helps gain more quality mass as opposed to just mass in general.

Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Keltron has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It's funny how some guys will be willing to go through the troubles of taking 'roids and all that it entails, the side effects, the money, the legal risks, etc... But act like it's such a pain the ass to just eat more and track their foods. "I can't eat al that!"... "you want me to weight my food? But I don't have a food scale!".... "Six eggs for breakfast? I can't eat all that! I can't force feed myself!!! But I sure can force a syringe into my ass cheek.
    Sept of Baelor was an inside job. Wildfire can't melt stone masonry.

shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by Keltron View Post
    It's funny how some guys will be willing to go through the troubles of taking 'roids and all that it entails, the side effects, the money, the legal risks, etc... But act like it's such a pain the ass to just eat more and track their foods. "I can't eat al that!"... "you want me to weight my food? But I don't have a food scale!".... "Six eggs for breakfast? I can't eat all that! I can't force feed myself!!! But I sure can force a syringe into my ass cheek.
    loll
    Success comes with sacrifice

"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone" -- Kevin Garnett

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right" -- Henry Ford

iRepBack.. Always

shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250) shamroc617 has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Hey guys!

Thank you
    You are obviously doing something wrong, train hard + eat a lot + sleep = growth.. something in that equation is obviously out of wack and anabolic steroids will not fix it.
    Success comes with sacrifice

"They say no matter how hard you work, there's always someone, somewhere working harder then you. Guess what.. I'm that someone" -- Kevin Garnett

"Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right" -- Henry Ford

iRepBack.. Always

Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Lombi has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    gonna play devils advocate here.
    it's possible that the trainer suggested AAS because OP is late twenties to early thirties (35 estimated age of full muscle maturity) and is carved like zeus but has reached his genetic limit. if that is the case, and you're 100% dead set on doing what ever it to takes to get bigger, then it is an option worth looking at.
    but since you've only been training for 1 1/2 years i doubt it.

it would help if u posted age and workout experience/intensity. but as many have said if you want to gain weight increase your caloric intake.
    between the ages of 16-18 I hit a serious plateau only gained about 15 pounds in that time period. I simply couldn't put on weight tried everything. had advice from 3 different trainers (one of which was a former trainer with the toronto blue jays). I gained strength but for some reason I wanted more mass.
    moral of the essay i just posted is... don't focus on gaining weight, your focus should be on gaining strength and improving your health.

Cliffs:
    don't take steroids
    post age, gives better idea as to where you are muscle development wise.
    increase caloric intake
    oh, and fire your trainer for telling you to take roids after 1 year of lifting.

King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000) King222 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ok so lets all just eat cheeseburgers all day and sure we can gain weight. I'm under the assumption that the original poster was trying to gain FAT FREE mass...oh and possibly some muscle I guess, but maybe my assuming in the first place is where I'm going wrong. And as to your bb.com reference as not a reliable source for the simple fact that they're trying to sell me something....well who isn't trying to sell you something?

How about the U.S. National Library of Medicine....is that a reliable enough source for you? The article below outlines the benefits of combining casein and whey as a more potent muscle builder than whey protein alone.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/16937979

I apologize, I'm not trying to be rude, but I guess I have a very strong opinion regarding the benefits of casein protein and nighttime recovery. It clearly helps gain more quality mass as opposed to just mass in general.

you're going full blown retard mode man. Read the stickies in the nutrition forum and advanced nutrition forum. And obviously a more diverse diet is going to be more optimal than a restricted diet, what does that have to do with meal frequency and timing (nothing at all because both are irrelevant in terms of body composition). Your total daily macros are far more important than what time or how often you eat... do some research and stop being a bro -- and being a proud and preaching bro at that...
    "Hold yourself responsible for a higher standard than anybody else expects of you. Never excuse yourself. Never pity yourself. Be a hard master to yourself - and be lenient to everybody else."
    Henry Ward Beecher

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    1. Eat more good food. No, more. Seriously. More. Eat at least 1lb meat, eggs or fish, 1lb vegetables, 1lb fruit and 1lb bread, rice or pasta daily, along with 1qt milk. Sell your protein powder to buy real food.
    2. Lift heavy sht. No, heavier.
    3. Your "pal" is a fckwit. Whether you take steroids or not, if you don't eat your body has no material to build anything. See point #1.
    Regarding #2, you will do this.

Barbell squats, 25 reps. Yes, all in one go. Begin with the empty bar. When you do 25 reps in one go with that weight, next time add 5lbs. Keep going until you are squatting your bodyweight for 25 reps. When you are squatting 65lbs, add in a warmup set of 5 reps with the 45lb bar. When you are squatting 85lbs, do two warmup sets, one with 45lbs and the second with 65lbs. When you are squatting 105lbs, do 45, 65 and 85lbs. Clear as mud?

Bench press, 5 sets of 5 reps. Begin with the empty bar. When you can do 5x5 with that weight, next time add 5lbs. Keep going until you are bench pressing your bodyweight for 5x5. Warmup sets will be on the same principles as squats.

Dumbbell pull-overs, 1 set of 25 reps. Begin with a 10lb dumbbell. When you can do 20 reps with it in one go, get a 15lb dumbbell, and so on. There is no need to use more than a 45lb dumbbell in this exercise.

Deadlift, 1 set of 5 reps. Begin with 95lbs. When you can do that weight for 5 reps, next time add 5lbs. Keep going until you are deadlifting 1.5 times your bodyweight for 5 reps.

That is all you need to do.

If you do not follow this workout and eating plan, we will hunt you down and beat you to death with a ShakeWeight.

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Someone linked me to this old thread. It's been just short of six years. What are the chances the guy has been lifting steadily for six years?

And this is why when we give free advice, we are hopeful but not optimistic.

Registered Physiologist Goose102's Avatar
    Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Goose102 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by KyleAaron View Post
    Someone linked me to this old thread. It's been just short of six years. What are the chances the guy has been lifting steadily for six years?

And this is why when we give free advice, we are hopeful but not optimistic.
    It was me! I'm curious to see as well. Doubtful he'll still be around. Also doubtful he took your advice. It's sad to see good advice go to waste. Which is normally the case.
    B.S. Exercise Physiology
    NASM-CPT
    MMA Brah

ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) ADunn0MOTW is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    If you take steroids you will gain muscle mass, but you'll have to keep taking them if you want to retain those gains, it won't give you an initial start to bulk, it'll make you dependent on a drug to gain and retain mass. You probably just need to eat more, if you're eating enough, keeping a positive nitrogen balance and training hard, you will gain and retain muscle mass.