the1kingcole is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Track and lifting

High, I’m a high school athlete. Football is my main sport and in the spring I run track. Obviously I really want to make it into the NFL so I work year round to do well in football. However, I’m a little worried that I’ll loose too much strength with track. I’m 5’ 11”, 170. As you can see I’m a small, but quick ( I run a 4.55 40yd dash) Guy. Now my goal by senior year of high school which will be the 2019-20 school year is to be at least 195 pounds and run a sub 4.45 40 year dash. The point of this post is basically me asking you guys and girls how I can maintain strength and weight through the spring track season and reach my goals. Thanks!

sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000) sowilson is a name known to all. (+5000)
    A great way of generating college interest is being a multi-sport athelete; track and football are a great combination and lifting routines slot well for supporting both. For example
    Football season - maintenance lifts to maintain football shape, usually one heavy full body day and one or two lighter full body lifts.
    between football and outdoor track - recover from injury, fix imbalances and then lift heavy, somewhere in February more isolateral leg work, more explosive work.
    Track Season - Olympic lifts, power, taper for meets
    Between track season and football camp - period of heavy lifts but mostly GPP and power work

Skills work for T&F and Football - all year with concentrations towards the start of the season.

Talk to your HS Strength and Conditioning Coach.

My son plays college football (LS, NG) and throws (hammer, discus, shot, weight) in Track and Field. He aims for one or two heavy periods a year to build maxes and spends the rest on power, isolateral work, and skills. Due to mid-winter European Orchestra Tour he did GVT for 6 weeks prior to the tour, TRX on tour, and a month of heavy work when he got back - tough to do for the indoor track season (although he hit new PR's in shot and weight) so he's focusing on the outdoor season (training normal now).

DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) DCSpartan is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    If you can really run a 4.55 40 in high school no one should be able to catch you and you should have multple football and track scholarships by now.

surprisefart is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by DCSpartan View Post
    If you can really run a 4.55 40 in high school no one should be able to catch you and you should have multple football and track scholarships by now.
    Hey now. Don't spoil the guy's fun