ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50) ValidPhysiqe will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Cutting out supplements, bars & carbonated drinks prior to a show?

From previous experience I've always cut out protein supplements, bars, and carbonated drinks 2 weeks out from a show.

What do you personally cut out when you get into prep that you generally would have whilst not "prepping"
    Team Upcoming Aesthetics

Our mission is to help others Believe in themselves, strive to Achieve their true potential and overall Succeed in life by living their version of an aesthetic life before it's over.

Believe, Achieve, Succeed
    - A revolution of inspiration

Instagram: SchroederFit (Rep Every follow)
    Youtube: Tyler Schroeder

Natural Competitive BB euro7muscle's Avatar
    euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) euro7muscle is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ValidPhysiqe View Post
    From previous experience I've always cut out protein supplements, bars, and carbonated drinks 2 weeks out from a show.

What do you personally cut out when you get into prep that you generally would have whilst not "prepping"
    I usually limit diet soda (1 per day) and gum during prep.

Personally, I have better digestion and feel better in general when limiting artificial sweeteners during prep.

EDIT: But through prep I keep everything the same and consistent, you don't want to start changing things especially at the end and have your body freak out lol this is why I hate the concept of "peak week"
    Last edited by euro7muscle; 03-08-2018 at 02:02 AM.
    6'3
    240 lb. (off-season)
    220 lb. (competition)

Competition History:
    2016 NPC Midwest Naturals
    2017 NPC Battle of the Falls
    2018 GNBF Internationale Deutsche Meisterschaft

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by euro7muscle View Post
    I usually limit diet soda (1 per day) and gum during prep.

Personally, I have better digestion and feel better in general when limiting artificial sweeteners during prep.

EDIT: But through prep I keep everything the same and consistent, you don't want to start changing things especially at the end and have your body freak out lol this is why I hate the concept of "peak week"
    YES!!

If your body is used to them why change it at the end? Changing the norms could hurt you, bloat you, cause GI issues and unnecessary stress on the body.

The peak week protocols you see (salt and water manipulation) were put into place by enhanced competitors. If you are one then by all means check more into them

Now, I get the carb manipulations because it DOES affect your look and is not dangerous. Carb manipulation alone will change how much water you are holding, as well as how full you look.
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by euro7muscle View Post

Well said...me too. I don't drink any soda at all; no candy etc... anyway so it's easy for me to not have those things. I like to be stage ready a full week out so I don't have to scramble and rely on "manipulating" things to look good. If you look good a week out, just keep doing what you're doing. As said above, changes may hurt you, not help.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card