sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)

Transitioning From Keto To Carnivore-30 Day Log (female)

Hey all, I've decided to create this log to monitor my progress and take notes on how I'm feeling throughout 30 days of a zero carb, almost all meat diet (it will include some cheese, heavy cream and butter in small amounts as well but that's IT. No veggies/fruits/grains etc.)

I have been keto for over a month now and have been keto previously in the past as well. I find it is the best diet for my digestive health(I suffered with severe IBS before finding the keto diet). But I still get occasional bloating caused by certain keto foods like nuts, broc****, seeds etc. so after hearing about success from others with similar issues and listening to podcasts done by Shawn Baker I figured I might as well give the Carnivore diet a go. I am the kind of person that won't judge something until I try it myself and I figure 30 days can hurt..If anything it will act as an elimination diet so I can figure out which foods I can add back in later on without digestive upset.

Now I don't have a ton of weight to lose (but it would be nice to lean out a bit more for summer)..so I don't have any particular goal weight in mind but I do hope to improve on the following:
    1. Cravings (yes I still got them ocassionaly, even while eating keto..artifical sweeteners are not my friend!)
    2. Skin (I have always had rosacea on my cheeks which I would LOVE to see improvement in.
    3. Gym Performance (I have no issues training on a keto diet but I'd like to see if I can up my game a bit more)

And that's it!
    I am going to be writing a daily diary of what I eat, how I'm feeling and any other notes I wish to share. If you are interested, give this log a follow and leave me a comment below that you're in! Thanks guys. Looking forward to starting this journey with you!
    (note: I am not counting calories, simply eating as I desire as long as it's from the animal kingdom!)

Current Stats:
    Weight: 130.8lbs
    Height: 5 2.5"
    Female
    -Competed in figure bodybuilding in the past, currently a recreational lifter.
    -Current cardio=0 LOL(I need to work on that)
    -Lifting 3-5x per week, whatever feels right. (Usually.. 2 arm days-back and bis and chest/tris shoulders, and 2 leg days, 1 for squats/deadlifts and 1 is glute focussed.

Let's go.
    Last edited by sammysamgurl; 03-06-2018 at 12:52 PM.
    "You get out of it what you put into it".

Protein dessert recipes, healthy breakfasts, workouts and more: www.mouthwateringmotivation.wordpress.com
    or
    www.mouthwateringmotivation,com

Fan Page: www.********.com/sambriden18

Food/Bulking Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=155764743

Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCyJcTmyKjflsT9k-w1jJ7Nw

Instagram: sammysamgirl

IIFYM for life.

sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) sammysamgurl is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Day 1(so far):

8:30am-Coffee + 1/2 tbsp butter and 1 tbsp half and half

10:00a-Feta Beef Burgers(homemade) 2 1/2 patties (about 7 1/2-8oz cooked)

1:00pm-Decaf Coffee + 1 tsp butter
    -->Felt tired around this time, have a headache
    -->Chose not to workout

1:50pm-Feta Beef Burger again 1/2 patty
    -5 mini turkey breakfast sausages (0 carb)
    -->Headache a lot better

3:10pm-2oz cooked chicken breast+1 tsp butter
    -Diet Iced Tea (one of the last ones we had, cutting these out!)

So far today I have been quite tired, had a slight headache and have felt hungry often (not sure if hungry or just craving something else but I finally felt more satisfied after the chicken). It's crazy how different I feel already after being on a strict keto diet for a month prior! There definitely is another adaptation period I'm going to have to face. But we'll see how things go as I progress! I'll finish this post later today.

7:30-Feta Beef Burger 1 1/2 Patty

10:20-Feta Beef Burger 3/4 Patty (basically just finished them off!)

Felt very tired by the end of the day, been peeing out a lotttt more water than usual so I've found I need to increase my water and sodium intake. Headed to bed now, no real cravings for anything, felt kinda bored like I know I could eat something else but since my only options are meat or cheese I wasn't feeling anything in particular (kind of understanding true hunger a bit more).
    Anyways, until tomorrow!
    Last edited by sammysamgurl; 03-06-2018 at 07:33 PM.

Protein dessert recipes, healthy breakfasts, workouts and more: www.mouthwateringmotivation.wordpress.com
    or

IIFYM for life.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    This section is like the secret hideout of B.B.com, not a lot of activity in here

Interesting experiment. Are you taking any supplements for fiber, fishoil, multi vit/mineral? I could very easily eat nothing but meat in terms of food preferences. I recently upgraded our Sam’s Club membership so we can go in early and avoid all the normal heathens that shop there, the main benefit is they put all of the marked down meats approaching the sell by date out early so I get first dibs, saves a ton on protein sources. GL, interested in seeing how this works out for you.

Thanks ! I know! I considered posting in a different forum for more exposure but I didn't want to get yelled at, haha. What do you think? Should I keep the log here?

And for supplements I'm currently taking a multivitamin, fish oil(when I remember), biotin and then magnesium/potassium if I'm feeling a bit off(coming from a keto diet they used to be quite essential but I find I no longer require them as often).

That sounds awesome btw! I'd love cheap meats lol. That was the main downside I really saw about switching over to this way of eating. I'm thinking I'll just have to shop around a bit and find out where the best deals are here!

Thanks again for the feedback. It's nice to know someone is reading my posts, haha.

or

IIFYM for life.

Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Plateauplower has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sammysamgurl View Post
    Thanks ! I know! I considered posting in a different forum for more exposure but I didn't want to get yelled at, haha. What do you think? Should I keep the log here?

And for supplements I'm currently taking a multivitamin, fish oil(when I remember), biotin and then magnesium/potassium if I'm feeling a bit off(coming from a keto diet they used to be quite essential but I find I no longer require them as often).

That sounds awesome btw! I'd love cheap meats lol. That was the main downside I really saw about switching over to this way of eating. I'm thinking I'll just have to shop around a bit and find out where the best deals are here!

Thanks again for the feedback. It's nice to know someone is reading my posts, haha.
    I will allow it, even though it now takes me an extra click to get to my log JK...I don't think they are going to make a carnivore sub forum so go for it...

The diet itself seems rather extreme and limited, but then again I thought keto diets were too before actually trying it and having great results with it. I would just be concerned with micros on meat only. I pretty much only eat veg because "I know I should" rather than looking forward to a big bowl of spinach etc (although I have come to enjoy it)... But if you are using it as a short term tool to evaluate and try to identify foods that cause issues like an elimination diet, probably couldn't be that harmful over a shorter term in regard to actual nutrient deficiencies. My motto is kind of "the animals I eat, ate lots of plants" but in terms of digestive health and micros including some omnivore options is probably a pretty good idea IMO.

Might want to change your sig to "IIFYM, and is made of meat"

Originally Posted by Plateauplower View Post
    I will allow it, even though it now takes me an extra click to get to my log JK...I don't think they are going to make a carnivore sub forum so go for it...

The diet itself seems rather extreme and limited, but then again I thought keto diets were too before actually trying it and having great results with it. I would just be concerned with micros on meat only. I pretty much only eat veg because "I know I should" rather than looking forward to a big bowl of spinach etc (although I have come to enjoy it)... But if you are using it as a short term tool to evaluate and try to identify foods that cause issues like an elimination diet, probably couldn't be that harmful over a shorter term in regard to actual nutrient deficiencies. My motto is kind of "the animals I eat, ate lots of plants" but in terms of digestive health and micros including some omnivore options is probably a pretty good idea IMO.

Might want to change your sig to "IIFYM, and is made of meat"
    Alright, sounds good. I'll probably just leave it here for the time being, sorry about the extra trouble, haha.
    It definitely is extreme! I was the same way. I never thought I'd do keto but I did it..and felt great! And I would have NEVER thought I'd do an all meat diet but here I am lol. I too feel the same about veggies! I actually really do enjoy some of them so my plan is to maybe get my blood tested by the end of this to see if I'm deficit anywhere because I am very curious! I think in the long haul I will add in things like avocado, zucchini or cooked broc**** again just because I do enjoy them!

But I should change my sig shouldn't I? Haha, maybe if i make it a week in I'll change it. I feel like I have to earn it, haha.

or

IIFYM for life.

Day 2

Feeling a QUITE sleepy this morning, I usually wake up at 8 almost everyday but today I just kept falling back asleep. I definitely am feeling the lack of extra carbs. It's crazy how much of a difference 20-30 carbs a day makes! LOL. But as I've read, there is an adaptation period to this diet as well so I'm just going to up my water and salt intake today, eat lots of meat and hope for the best!

I haven't ate yet but I'll assume:

10:00am -Coffee + 1/2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp half and half

10:30 Breakfast- Not sure if I'm feeling eggs and bacon (eggs occasionally cause some digestive issues with me but I do LOVE them!) or do I go the traditional carnivore route and cook my first ribeye!(seriously not sure how I've never cooked on of these! I've cooked enough chicken breast in my life, that's for sure)

Either way, I'll update soon.

11:00am breakfast actually-Eggs x3 + 3 slices of bacon cooked in 1 tbsp butter
    -->Was feeling quite foggy and light-headed prior to this meal but I'm much better now! I'd attribute it to the lack of salt this morning.

12:20-1 1/2oz chicken + 1 tsp butter (not sure why but chicken seems to be the food I can go to to test if I'm actually hungry, I can only eat so much before I realize it was just a craving!)

1:00pm-Pepperette (not ideal but had it as a quick pre-workout snack)
    -Back workout at home, was EXTREMELY tired right after the workout. I had some broth which definitely helped pick me back up a bit before heading to work.

2:30pm-8 mini turkey sausages
    -1 piece of cheese

7:30pm-Another pepperette (again not ideal, was at work in a pinch!I'll have to prepare more meat in advance)

10:00pm-4 mini turkey sausages(I may have a slight addition..these things are SO DANG GOOD!)
    -1 cup decaf + 1 tsp butter & 2 tbsp half and half
    Last edited by sammysamgurl; 03-07-2018 at 06:57 PM.

or

IIFYM for life.

Originally Posted by sammysamgurl View Post
    Feeling a QUITE sleepy this morning, I usually wake up at 8 almost everyday but today I just kept falling back asleep. I definitely am feeling the lack of extra carbs. It's crazy how much of a difference 20-30 carbs a day makes! LOL. But as I've read, there is an adaptation period to this diet as well so I'm just going to up my water and salt intake today, eat lots of meat and hope for the best!

I haven't ate yet but I'll assume:

10:00am -Coffee + 1/2 tbsp butter & 2 tbsp half and half

10:30 Breakfast- Not sure if I'm feeling eggs and bacon (eggs occasionally cause some digestive issues with me but I do LOVE them!) or do I go the traditional carnivore route and cook my first ribeye!(seriously not sure how I've never cooked on of these! I've cooked enough chicken breast in my life, that's for sure)

Either way, I'll update soon.

11:00am breakfast actually-Eggs x3 + 3 slices of bacon cooked in 1 tbsp butter
    -->Was feeling quite foggy and light-headed prior to this meal but I'm much better now! I'd attribute it to the lack of salt this morning.

12:20-1 1/2oz chicken + 1 tsp butter (not sure why but chicken seems to be the food I can go to to test if I'm actually hungry, I can only eat so much before I realize it was just a craving!)

1:00pm-Pepperette (not ideal but had it as a quick pre-workout snack)
    -Back workout at home, was EXTREMELY tired right after the workout. I had some broth later which definitely helped pick me back up a bit before heading to work.

2:30pm-8 mini turkey sausages
    -1 piece of cheese

3:30pm-1 cup of beef broth

7:30pm-Another pepperette (again not ideal, was at work in a pinch!I'll have to prepare more meat in advance) -Felt way more awake during my work hours! I feel like myself a bit more!!

10:00pm-4 mini turkey sausages(I may have a slight addition..these things are SO DANG GOOD!)
    -1 cup decaf + 1 tsp butter & 2 tbsp half and half
    Not my best day, a little too snacky for my liking but not bad! I will hopefully cook up some more beef on my day off tomorrow!

or

IIFYM for life.

brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000) brit-iron is just really nice. (+1000)
    This is my kind of diet experiment. I've done 3 years of keto previously and a three week stint on just beef and eggs with some liver thrown in here and there.
    Currently I'm cutting on moderate carbs. But may very well experiment with carnivore for a longer stint in the near future. So interested on how this works out for you.