skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

19 year old needs help with competition prep

Starting off by saying I'm a complete newbie when it comes to competing so any and all information is very appreciated.
    I am currently 19 years old, 6 feet tall and weigh 213 pounds. Lifting has been my favorite past time the last 2 or so years. I've put on a ton of muscle and all my friends, family, and coworkers complement me on my gains. Competing has always been my goal but thinking of stepping on stage scares the crap out of me. I'm making this post in hopes to get information so thay I don't humiliate myself come showtime.
    Browsing through the shows near me I found one in October. I feel this would give me enough time to bulk up a bit more and then shred down. I've never actually done a proper cut before so roughly how much time should I allow myself, and what weight should I be aiming for come shred time? Also, as someone who has never competed before, would I fall under men's bodybuilding novice?
    Any information to help conquer my fear of getting on stage would be appreciated.

These pictures are not the most recent, but give you a basic understanding. Obviously my posing could use some work, I know.
    Attached Images
    Last edited by skyhigh340; 03-04-2018 at 03:37 PM. Reason: pictures

smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) smokinal has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi bud and congrats on your progress so far! Very hard to tell without more pics though. From the avi, your back looks good; would need to see chest and abs for further eval.
    Not sure how a member under 50 posts can show pics tho.
    I would say that a show in Oct is easily doable; maybe physique division to start?
    Let's start off by trying to get us somemore pics tho.
    2017 OCB Men's Physique Open 4th place
    17 MP Novice 4th
    18 MP Novice 5th
    18 MP 40+ 3rd
    18 MP Open 5'10" & under 1st
    18 MP 40+ 1st & Overall..Pro Card Won
    19 Classic Phys Open 3rd
    19 CP 40+ 3rd
    19 BB open 3rd
    19 BB 40+ 1st..2nd Pro Card
    19 BB 40+1st..50+1st...3rd Pro Card
    21 BB 40+1st..50+1st..Open 5th..4th Card

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Looking at some things on your body space, you don't look half bad at all! And that's a coaching perspective. I think October is doable. Agreed more pics are needed.
    Research the show yoiu have picked in past years to see what the diff divisions looked like. You never know who will show to compete, but it will give you a base

My best advice is if you really want to do this and make an impression, and really help with the fear, get a coach for at least this first show. You will learn a LOT as long as it's a good coach. Feel free to PM me
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10) skyhigh340 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by kitpapa View Post
    Looking at some things on your body space, you don't look half bad at all! And that's a coaching perspective. I think October is doable. Agreed more pics are needed.
    Research the show yoiu have picked in past years to see what the diff divisions looked like. You never know who will show to compete, but it will give you a base

My best advice is if you really want to do this and make an impression, and really help with the fear, get a coach for at least this first show. You will learn a LOT as long as it's a good coach. Feel free to PM me
    Originally Posted by smokinal View Post
    Hi bud and congrats on your progress so far! Very hard to tell without more pics though. From the avi, your back looks good; would need to see chest and abs for further eval.
    Not sure how a member under 50 posts can show pics tho.
    I would say that a show in Oct is easily doable; maybe physique division to start?
    Let's start off by trying to get us somemore pics tho.
    Pictures added to attachments. Would it be best to start cutting now for October, or bulk up just a little bit more?

kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) kitpapa has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You are decently lean now. You can lean bulk a bit more. Maybe until June of the comp is October
    Owner of So-B-Fit
    CPT

IG: stephaniesobien

NPC WPD and WNPF, Metal Militia powerlifter

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    So first post pics of what you would be wearing in comp.
    You can't make a fair comment just displaying tank top muscle.
    You look to be on track with what is shown.
    My advise is to be prepared as much as possible for stage.
    Posing,color and confidence will help a lot.
    Just do,everyone that competes had to at time or another.
    Learn all you can from the experience for the next one.
    Another thing is loosen up and have fun ,you worked hard to get there.

Subscribe to my YouTube! getbigordie18's Avatar
    getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000) getbigordie18 is a name known to all. (+5000)

bulk/cut

Originally Posted by skyhigh340 View Post
    Pictures added to attachments. Would it be best to start cutting now for October, or bulk up just a little bit more?
    Continue bulking also id recommend a good coach feel free to follow my journey as well. I post on here occasionally and on social media. Start prep 12-24 weeks out depending on how your conditioning. Either try to maintain this conditioning while adding weight slowly .5-1 pound per week; or even less and continue to make gains. What's your body fat %. You look fairly lean at the moment.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94fe6xvYbVY
    Follow my Powerlifting and Bodybuilding Journey on Instagram derock5996
    Eat clean and train hard and keep it natural!
    -USAPL Powerlifter in the 93KG weight class