Codeman250 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Confused. What should i be eating on a cut?

Hey, I read the stickies but still confused. I weight 200.5 since I weighed this morning so I need 2137 calories that i got off freedieting.com. But I know I need 1gram of protein per pound of body weight. Just don't know how much i need for carbs and fats. I'm also a skinny fat and I've been doing my strongman workouts. I tend to hover around 200-198 pounds. I don't have a structured eating plan for food throughout the day. Also don't know what to eat of each food and how much of it. I guess I need a guidance in the right direction. Also I need to cut since I might be at around 30% BF and I want to get to 15% to start putting on muscle easier and then start to bulk. I read the stickies in the forum and still was confused. Any help with any of this would be helpful and I would greatly appreciate it!

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    I follow the guideline of .8 grams per pound of bodyweight for protein and .4 grams per pound of bodyweight for fat as minimums. The protein number is always up for debate so I'm sure somebody will refute that but I like protein and normally go over it anyway (I eat closer to 1 gram per pound.) After that, I fill in the rest of my calories with either carbs or more protein or more fat. For you that would be about 160 g protein and 80 g fat. Protein is 4 calories per gram and fat is 9 calories per gram (and carbs are 4 calories per gram.) 2137-(160*4)-(80*9)= 777. You'd have 777 calories left to play. Since carbs are 4 calories per gram if you ate that all in carbs you'd aim at 194 grams of carbs per day.

I can't (won't) give you a structured eating plan. My suggestion would be to look up the nutrition info for what you eat now and log it all. Then adjust quantities to meet your calorie and macro goals. That's at least a starting point and you can add/subtract food from there.

BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000) BRIAN10197 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by spradish View Post
    I follow the guideline of .8 grams per pound of bodyweight for protein and .4 grams per pound of bodyweight for fat as minimums. The protein number is always up for debate so I'm sure somebody will refute that but I like protein and normally go over it anyway (I eat closer to 1 gram per pound.) After that, I fill in the rest of my calories with either carbs or more protein or more fat. For you that would be about 160 g protein and 80 g fat. Protein is 4 calories per gram and fat is 9 calories per gram (and carbs are 4 calories per gram.) 2137-(160*4)-(80*9)= 777. You'd have 777 calories left to play. Since carbs are 4 calories per gram if you ate that all in carbs you'd aim at 194 grams of carbs per day.

I can't (won't) give you a structured eating plan. My suggestion would be to look up the nutrition info for what you eat now and log it all. Then adjust quantities to meet your calorie and macro goals. That's at least a starting point and you can add/subtract food from there.
    This and check this out. These types of foods is what you should aim for.
    https://www.therawfoodworld.com/doc/wholefoods.html

I mean how do i figure out with math do i need of carbs,protein,fats? Like how do i do this? I wanted to know because I'm not expecting to ask you everytime lol. But is it better to have a high protein high fat low carb diet vs a high carb high protein low fat diet?
    Last edited by Codeman250; 03-01-2018 at 12:33 PM.

spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) spradish has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Codeman250 View Post
    But is it better to have a high protein high fat low carb diet vs a high carb high protein low fat diet?
    You want to get enough protein (along with lifting weights) so that you retain as much muscle as possible. Then you want to get at least a base level of fat in order to maintain proper hormone functioning. After that, it comes down to preference and sustainability. You might have to experiment to see what works for you but there's no "better" when you are comparing diets.

You want to get enough protein (along with lifting weights) so that you retain as much muscle as possible. Then you want to get at least a base level of fat in order to maintain proper hormone functioning. After that, it comes down to preference and sustainability. You might have to experiment to see what works for you but there's no "better" when you are comparing diets.
    Ok thank you! I think i will do 1 gram of protein but try to get in as much as i can. I already bought some body fortress whey protein so 2 scoops = 60g protein. My last question for you is, how do i calculate my macros so it evens out to 2137 calories using good ole math? in particular with a calculator?

kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kusok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I mean how do i figure out with math do i need of carbs,protein,fats? Like how do i do this? I wanted to know because I'm not expecting to ask you everytime lol. But is it better to have a high protein high fat low carb diet vs a high carb high protein low fat diet?

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...post1545231831

Cliffs:

it depends on what works better for you. Some people need more carbs, some need less. Same with protein and fat.

By the way, 2100 calories at 200 lbs seems astonishingly low, and is just more likely to cause you more hunger, quit, cheat meals, sleep problems etc. Aim for slow steady fat loss. My understanding is that 200 lbs guy losing fat should start at around 2500 cal and see what happens in a few weeks before making adjustments.

ok. I used free dieting and thats what it told me. 2672 is my maintenance calories. 2137 is my fat loss.

I'm also 6'1 as well. So maybe thats why the freedieting website has me listed for 2137 calories?

Ok thank you! I think i will do 1 gram of protein but try to get in as much as i can. I already bought some body fortress whey protein so 2 scoops = 60g protein. My last question for you is, how do i calculate my macros so it evens out to 2137 calories using good ole math? in particular with a calculator?
    Re-read the first paragraph of my first response.

Re-read the first paragraph of my first response.
    Yeah but when you put the asterisk down (*) is that multiplication?

Yeah but when you put the asterisk down (*) is that multiplication?
    Yes.

I am used to speaking in Excel.

oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post

Cliffs:

it depends on what works better for you. Some people need more carbs, some need less. Same with protein and fat.

By the way, 2100 calories at 200 lbs seems astonishingly low, and is just more likely to cause you more hunger, quit, cheat meals, sleep problems etc. Aim for slow steady fat loss. My understanding is that 200 lbs guy losing fat should start at around 2500 cal and see what happens in a few weeks before making adjustments.
    A friend of mine, 47 years old, eats like a bird 5 days a week (1500 calories, mostly protein), then pizza on weekend with the family. He is 200 lbs about 8% bodyfat.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by oldestman View Post
    A friend of mine, 47 years old, eats like a bird 5 days a week (1500 calories, mostly protein), then pizza on weekend with the family. He is 200 lbs about 8% bodyfat.
    It comes down to daily protein and weekly overall calories.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by kusok View Post

By the way, 2100 calories at 200 lbs seems astonishingly low, and is just more likely to cause you more hunger, quit, cheat meals, sleep problems etc.
    It may not be that low but then again it can be. NEAT expenditure is a huge variable and that is why it's impossible to have an equation that is accurate based on stats. The best way is to start a bit low and give it a month and review results. If it IS too low then at least you didn't waste a month being too high and spinning your wheels.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

I am still so goddamned confused. the free dieting website is it better than the myfitness pal? Don't know the math of how much of each macros i need as well how to figure out the calories?. also don't know what things i need to eat in combination in my meals throughout the day. Since I'm a skinny fat what do I need to do? I mean I've been eating white rice but is that a good thing? Also been working out but it seems to not be enough. Also I don't know what particular diet do i need to be on? Also I workout 3 to 4 times a week as I don't do cardio. Thanks!

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Don't get weighted down by trying to stick to macros, that's the old method that most people here no longer really adhere to anymore. Just hit your minimums for protein and fat, 0.8g protein per lbs of body weight, 0.4g fat per lbs of body weight. There is no minimum for carbs, as long as you hit these minimums for fat and protein your macros can be whatever you like, 40/40/20, 50/30/20 or 40/30/30 it really doesn't matter as long as you meet your minimums and stay within your calorie target.

Also don't think in terms of specific diets, whether it IF, Keto, or a more balanced approach it really doesn't matter as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will see results. Now of course some people do better on certain diets due to behavioural aspects specific to that person that means they can stick to a certain diet for longer and more consistently than others. But in general no specific diet has a proven advantage over another.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000) shootmike is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Dude, you're making this way too hard. You're 26 years old. You should have no issues losing or gaining weight. Eat a health diet with meat, eggs and plenty of vegetables. Cut out soda, breads and chips. Lift heavy. You will get where you want.

Remember this stuff takes time. We don't get out of shape fast and we don't get in shape fast.

I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250) I3uilt has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    +1 that you are making this way too complicated.

And if you can't figure out the basic arithmetic of .7 (or .8) times bodyweight for minimum protein intake, or how to add up protein amounts for various foods, then the public school system failed you and there is nothing we can do about that.

This is pretty simple stuff...

Originally Posted by shootmike View Post
    Dude, you're making this way too hard. You're 26 years old. You should have no issues losing or gaining weight. Eat a health diet with meat, eggs and plenty of vegetables. Cut out soda, breads and chips. Lift heavy. You will get where you want.

Remember this stuff takes time. We don't get out of shape fast and we don't get in shape fast.
    ok so i researched about this stuff and found it to make more sense. The only breads i do eat are rye bread, particularly the great value kind with seeds since it has 5g protein per slice. My only sodas i do drink is the coca cola zero since no sugar,calories.

Originally Posted by BrightonBomber View Post
    Don't get weighted down by trying to stick to macros, that's the old method that most people here no longer really adhere to anymore. Just hit your minimums for protein and fat, 0.8g protein per lbs of body weight, 0.4g fat per lbs of body weight. There is no minimum for carbs, as long as you hit these minimums for fat and protein your macros can be whatever you like, 40/40/20, 50/30/20 or 40/30/30 it really doesn't matter as long as you meet your minimums and stay within your calorie target.

Also don't think in terms of specific diets, whether it IF, Keto, or a more balanced approach it really doesn't matter as long as you are in a calorie deficit you will see results. Now of course some people do better on certain diets due to behavioural aspects specific to that person that means they can stick to a certain diet for longer and more consistently than others. But in general no specific diet has a proven advantage over another.
    with the 0.8g protein per lbs of body weight and 0.4g of fat per lbs of body weight, do i divide that by my body weight or is it multiply? and so i just fill in the rest with carbs or do i just do a little less carbs? I don't want to be hungry at the end of the day.

Originally Posted by I3uilt View Post
    +1 that you are making this way too complicated.

And if you can't figure out the basic arithmetic of .7 (or .8) times bodyweight for minimum protein intake, or how to add up protein amounts for various foods, then the public school system failed you and there is nothing we can do about that.

This is pretty simple stuff...
    Dude i never could get the hang of math no matter how hard the teachers tried to help me. So nothing I can do about that. I just needed the math to calculate my macros is all. and a starting point.

sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sunsean has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    with the 0.8g protein per lbs of body weight and 0.4g of fat per lbs of body weight, do i divide that by my body weight or is it multiply? and so i just fill in the rest with carbs or do i just do a little less carbs? I don't want to be hungry at the end of the day.
    A little scary...but that shouldn't stop you from achieving your goals...I'll show you how to do it, so no matter what body weight you're at, you can figure it out. To get .8 g/protein, you would MULTIPLY your bodyweight by .8. So for example, if you weigh 150lb, you would MULTIPLY 150x.8 = 120 grams protein. Same for .4 grams fat etc. Unless you are doing keto/low carb, you can fill in the rest of the calories with whatever you want as LONG AS YOU DON'T GO OVER if you are trying to lose fat.

Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    A little scary...but that shouldn't stop you from achieving your goals...I'll show you how to do it, so no matter what body weight you're at, you can figure it out. To get .8 g/protein, you would MULTIPLY your bodyweight by .8. So for example, if you weigh 150lb, you would MULTIPLY 150x.8 = 120 grams protein. Same for .4 grams fat etc. Unless you are doing keto/low carb, you can fill in the rest of the calories with whatever you want as LONG AS YOU DON'T GO OVER if you are trying to lose fat.
    Ah i see now. yes I'm trying to lose my belly fat down to like 15% so i can build muscle.

Originally Posted by sunsean View Post
    how many grams of carbs for body weight? I know carbs is 4 calories per gram.

Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Groce has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    how many grams of carbs for body weight? I know carbs is 4 calories per gram.
    whatever cals you have remaining after hitting protein and fat requirements can go to carbs