Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)

Red face MissKB's 2018 Journal: Recomposition

Hello All!

MY goodness. It has been so long. So, so long. Some of you may remember me! I was "kasarabrianne" in a prior life here. I struggled eternally with eating disorders and ended up taking a much needed hiatus to repair my mind and body. In the meantime, I became a mother. I have a gorgeous little boy who is the light of my life. After having him, I breastfed for nearly 21 months, I had a tumor removed from my throat and with the exception of some thyroid testing - I'm finally able to get back in the gym again on my lunch breaks.

It's not ideal - but, I'm a working momma and I'm not taking any time away from my kiddo - so lunch workouts it is! I haven't tracked my calories in a LONG time. Between everything going on, becoming a mom and one who doesn't allow her babe to sit in front of a TV - we are ACTIVE!

I often fluctuated between 130 and 140 lbs before having Rowan. I'm officially 109.8 lbs and my hubby is looking forward to getting some more meat back on my bones. I haven't been trying to lose weight - but I had him in May of 2016 at about 175lbs and so I've lost about 65lbs in these almost two years.

So, this journal is to keep me honest with my calorie intake - I need to try a recomp journey. Actually, a tad bit of weight gain is expected on my end - especially with ALL of my muscle gone haha, but I'd like a slow gain back to 115 lbs with some much needed muscles back. Any guidance from you lovely ladies would be greatly appreciated!

Today's Workout: ARMS & ABS
    Incline DB Curls
    10 lbs x 10 reps
    10 lbs x 10 reps
    10 lbs x 10 reps

Standing DB Curls
    12.5 lbs x 10 reps
    12.5 lbs x 10 reps
    12.5 lbs x 10 reps

Cable Curls
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps

EZ Bar Curls
    Bar + 10 lbs x 10 reps
    Bar + 10 lbs x 10 reps
    Bar + 10 lbs x 10 reps

Cable Tricep Pushdowns
    20 lbs x 10 reps
    20 lbs x 10 reps
    20 lbs x 10 reps

Dip Machine
    70 lb assist x 10 reps
    70 lb assist x 10 reps
    70 lb assist x 10 reps

OH Tricep Extensions
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps

Ab Circuit
    Kettle-ball Twists
    Weighted Crunches
    Plate Leans (for obliques)

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Welcome back. Most advise a weight gain of around 2 pounds/month to maximize muscle-to-fat ratio. Are you following a particular program? It seems like you have a history with compounds so I probably don't need to tell you that a good program should include squats, deadlifts, rows, etc.
    Instagram: @doctorv17

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    Welcome back. Most advise a weight gain of around 2 pounds/month to maximize muscle-to-fat ratio. Are you following a particular program? It seems like you have a history with compounds so I probably don't need to tell you that a good program should include squats, deadlifts, rows, etc.
    I have a few programs I used to LOVE, but I can't decide which one I'd like to do - so I'm deciding to just get in the gym and do things until I choose haha. It'll definitely include those brilliant exercises, but I don't know which path to take as far as:

German Volume Training - kicks my ass and I love it, but I hate it, but I love it.
    5x5 Program - doesn't kick my ass, but good for size.
    Upper/Lower Split - seems like a good choice with just getting back into things, but I'll get bored quickly and will change if I choose this one

LOL. I'm a mess.
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) mavd is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I hear you on the getting bored with certain programs. Which Upper/Lowers have you tried? P.H.U.L. (Power/Hypertrophy/Upper/Lower) is my favorite.
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

SheSprints (I think the journal is called Laser Focus) just wrapped up a GVT cycle I believe.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck to you with your goals and training.

The program struggle is real when it comes to picking which to follow. I'm not the best at that either along with sticking one for an extended period of time. I did like PHUL when I tried the Upper/Lower split. 5x5 was good when I first started lifting as it kept things simple.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

I hear you on the getting bored with certain programs. Which Upper/Lowers have you tried? P.H.U.L. (Power/Hypertrophy/Upper/Lower) is my favorite.
    https://www.muscleandstrength.com/workouts/phul-workout

SheSprints (I think the journal is called Laser Focus) just wrapped up a GVT cycle I believe.
    Thank you so much for your insight! I think PHUL is the way I'm gonna go!!

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Good luck to you with your goals and training.

The program struggle is real when it comes to picking which to follow. I'm not the best at that either along with sticking one for an extended period of time. I did like PHUL when I tried the Upper/Lower split. 5x5 was good when I first started lifting as it kept things simple.
    5x5 sounded good to me in theory - but it goes so quickly in the gym that I'd end up doing more of a PHUL anyways

Holy ****ing ****. Is this going to star that out like it used to? Lol. So, I had a work meeting until 12:45 today, I ran up to the gym and did this workout in less than 45 minutes and was able to walk back and heat up some lunch before my 2:00 demonstration. I struggled with walking back, and down the steps after this workout. Which was hilarious to me at the time and now I'm less enthused lol. Also, I'm operating on a medium coffee and I usually need an XL to have adequate pep in my step - so that may be why my energy is down.

I had a work luncheon yesterday so I wasn't able to workout or track those calories very well. I'm estimating that I ate about 2200 calories yesterday and I'm about 1200 calories in today. I'm not 100% on what I'm actually burning, though - the IIFYM calculator suggests about 1900 cals a day for a 5% weight gain for my stats, so I need to figure it out. It has been so long since I've lived the calorie counting life lol - it's even harder to do it when you're gaining weight because...**** it, I guess...that's why.

Today's Workout: LOWER
    Squats
    65 lbs x 6 reps
    65 lbs x 8 reps
    65 lbs x 8 reps

Leg Press
    50 lbs x 10 reps
    50 lbs x 10 reps
    50 lbs x 10 reps

Stiff-Leg Deadlift
    65 lbs x 10 reps
    65 lbs x 10 reps
    65 lbs x 10 reps

Leg Extensions
    35 lbs x 12 reps
    35 lbs x 12 reps
    35 lbs x 12 reps

Leg Curls
    50 lbs x 12 reps
    50 lbs x 12 reps
    50 lbs x 12 reps

Standing Calf Raises
    25lb plates (each side) x 15 reps

Seated Calf Raises (on leg press machine)
    110 lbs x 15 reps
    110 lbs x 15 reps
    110 lbs x 15 reps

I finally decided to do the exact plan mavd posted above! Thank you again so much for the resource. It kicked my ass yesterday and I LOVED IT. I had a 10,000 step day, literally. Exactly 10,000. IT WAS so fulfilling to see that number hahaha. Fitbit calculates that I only burned 1800 cals with that activity + the fact that it doesn't really know how to track strength training, so I have no ****ing idea what I'm actually burning. I ate around 1,800 calories, though - so I guess I should be keeping it to about 2,000-2,200 calories a day to gain the weight I'd like to gain and potentially more if this thing isn't tracking properly.

I finally took measurements this morning.

Waist: 24.25 inches
    Hips: 33 inches
    Chest: 35 inches
    Thighs: 18.5 inches
    Biceps: 9.25 inches
    Neck: 11 inches

Ideally, I'll have my hips catch up to my chest and keep the waist about the same? TALK ABOUT AN HOURGLASS. That'd be nice. Right now my ass looks like a deflated balloon, so SQUATZ.

Here's a pic of me and my men from last weekend. That's hubs and our little man

I won't be working out any weekends, but I chase around a 22 month old and we do activities - so I'm already 5,525 steps in today (and he's napping now).

Yesterday's Workout: Upper Hypertrophy
    Incline DB Bench Press
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps

Flat Bench DB Flye
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps

Seated Cable Row
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps

One Arm DB Row
    20lb DB x 12 reps
    20lb DB x 12 reps
    20lb DB x 12 reps
    20lb DB x 12 reps

DB Lateral Raises
    *this was a kick in the dick because I used to be able to do almost triple this weight before
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    7.5 lb DBs x 11 reps

Seated Incline DB Curl
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 10 reps

Cable Tricep Extension
    15 lbs x 15 reps
    25 lbs x 10 reps
    25 lbs x 12 reps
    25 lbs x 12 reps

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great job!
    Great photo!

Nice to have a plan to follow, I get pretty lost if I just go and workout without purpose or intentionality
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175642411
    IG: parsonagegym

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Hi MissKB, subbed! Great work going on here. Get those SQUATZ! I also love that you did a bro day (arms and abs) heehee. Congrats on the beautiful fam!

I found that fitbit overestimates calories by about 10%, for me at least. If someone is the least bit active that thing starts to overestimate. 109lbs and 24" waist - hell yeah girl, EAT!!! I'd pick a number like 2200 and stick with it every day regardless of the amount of working out that day. You can always back it off if you find that's too aggressive after a couple weeks.
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 200x1
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Great job!
    Great photo!

Nice to have a plan to follow, I get pretty lost if I just go and workout without purpose or intentionality
    Thank you Pritch!! More on working out without purpose below lol..

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    Hi MissKB, subbed! Great work going on here. Get those SQUATZ! I also love that you did a bro day (arms and abs) heehee. Congrats on the beautiful fam!

I found that fitbit overestimates calories by about 10%, for me at least. If someone is the least bit active that thing starts to overestimate. 109lbs and 24" waist - hell yeah girl, EAT!!! I'd pick a number like 2200 and stick with it every day regardless of the amount of working out that day. You can always back it off if you find that's too aggressive after a couple weeks.
    Welcome!! and thank you so much! Yeah I thought for sure it'd overestimate, but I've been eating in the area of 2,000 calories a day for the past year and I've been consistently losing weight, so it's either underestimating OR my calorie counting is terrible hahahah. I'll work on both...

This week:
    Today: Lower Hypertrophy
    Tuesday: Upper Power
    Wednesday: OFF
    Thursday:Lower Power
    Friday: Upper Hypertrophy

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Im lurking

Subbed
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481

I miss the days that I lost weight at 2000 cals. Went from a stand-all-day job to a desk job, took 400 cal off my TDEE :'(

Originally Posted by beefcake66 View Post
    Im lurking

Subbed
    Well, welcome!

I miss the days that I lost weight at 2000 cals. Went from a stand-all-day job to a desk job, took 400 cal off my TDEE :'(
    I have a desk job and I have to make such a conscious effort to be active throughout the day. When I get home the little man keeps me on my feet, so that's an extra advantage for sure hahaha.

I am so beyond sore from last week - I guess not working out for 3 years will do that.

Yesterday's Workout: Lower Hypertrophy
    DB Front Squat
    *because I'm a weak ass bitch who can't do 10-12 front squats with the full weight of a bar quite yet.
    17.5 lb DBs x 10 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 10 reps

DB Lunges
    10 lb DBs x 8 reps per side

Leg Extension
    *I'm seriously still so sore hahaha these were horrifyingly painful.
    15 lbs x 12 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 10 reps
    15 lbs x 9 reps

Leg Curls
    40lb x 12 reps
    40lb x 12 reps
    40lb x 12 reps
    40lb x 12 reps

Standing Calf Raises
    25lb Kettle-bells x 25 reps

Calf Press
    110lbs x 15 reps
    110lbs x 15 reps
    110lbs x 15 reps

I've been walking around like i have a brick in my shoes...so strange hahaha.

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    DB Front Squat
    *because I'm a weak ass bitch who can't do 10-12 front squats with the full weight of a bar quite yet.
    17.5 lb DBs x 10 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 10 reps
    Meh, no shame in starting somewhere. You can change this. Rampage those front squats and pretty soon you'll be ripping trees outta the ground and front squatting them in the park!
    Current PRs:

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Heyyy there! Nice log, I like the color-coding on your exercise choices. As for your weights being lower than they were in the past, I've always admired people who can set ego aside and focus on form. You'll make better progress that way anyway, so who cares. BTW, though, you say that you can't manage the bar for front squats... but you're lifting 17.5 x 2 = 35lb overall, right? My gym has several "female bars" for Olympic lifting that are just 33lb. I guess that's not available for you? Lame.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

I'm usually "can barely walk" sore for the first 10-14 days of a new routine, then my body adjusts and the DOMs go back to normal. Hopefully you're almost through that phase! Until then, lots of water, and a hot bath with Epsom salts will help.

Meh, no shame in starting somewhere. You can change this. Rampage those front squats and pretty soon you'll be ripping trees outta the ground and front squatting them in the park!

You're the best. Thank you!!

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Heyyy there! Nice log, I like the color-coding on your exercise choices. As for your weights being lower than they were in the past, I've always admired people who can set ego aside and focus on form. You'll make better progress that way anyway, so who cares. BTW, though, you say that you can't manage the bar for front squats... but you're lifting 17.5 x 2 = 35lb overall, right? My gym has several "female bars" for Olympic lifting that are just 33lb. I guess that's not available for you? Lame.
    Hahah thank you! I come from a marketing/web development background so I can't not add some HTML hahaha. I definitely am putting my ego aside...it's hard but I gotta. Thanks for the heads up on the female bars. I asked the gym attendant and she showed me them! You're so right!!

I'm usually "can barely walk" sore for the first 10-14 days of a new routine, then my body adjusts and the DOMs go back to normal. Hopefully you're almost through that phase! Until then, lots of water, and a hot bath with Epsom salts will help.
    My DOMS feel ok today and it has only been like 48 hours since my last workout so that's a good sign

I didn't workout yesterday - it was a snow day here so I stayed home with my kiddo and we played in the snow, he "helped" me shovel - aka made it take 10x longer hahaha and ran around like mad. I limit his TV time and he gets 0 additional screen time (phones/ipads etc) so that makes the cold weather even harder because we can only play dinos/chalk/letters/singing and dancing/tracks/cars/making food so many times before he goes insane and says "mama I wanna watch TEEEBEEEE". He's my favorite... Here's Tuesday's workout and I'll be doing Lower Power today!

Tuesday's Workout: Upper Power
    Bench Press
    65 x 5 reps
    65 x 5 reps
    65 x 4 reps
    65 x 3 reps

Incline DB Bench Press
    17.5lb DBs x 10 reps
    17.5lb DBs x 10 reps
    17.5lb DBs x 10 reps
    17.5lb DBs x 10 reps

Bent Over Row
    THESE ARE MY FAVORITE
    95 lbs x 5 reps
    95 lbs x 5 reps
    95 lbs x 5 reps
    95 lbs x 5 reps

Lat Pull Down
    40lb x 10 reps
    40lb x 10 reps
    40lb x 8 reps
    40lb x 8 reps

Overhead Press
    20lbs x 6 reps
    20lbs x 5 reps
    20lbs x 5 reps

EZ Bar Curl
    30lbs x 10 reps
    30lbs x 10 reps
    30lbs x 10 reps

DB Curls
    12.5lb DBs x 10 reps
    12.5lb DBs x 10 reps
    12.5lb DBs x 10 reps

Skullcrushers
    35lbs x 10 reps
    35lbs x 10 reps
    35lbs x 10 reps

Wow 4x5 at 95 is total BEAST status for rowing at your size! I wanna see those lats!!

And I know that I was the one suggesting PHUL.... but now as I follow your journal... I want to switch over to it. I was trying to force myself to complete 12 weeks of Baby Got Back but I might have to stop after 8 and switch. I love that workout.

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Great looking workout! Nice job and like the exercises themselves. Cool program to work with, and looks very good to use to get back into the swing of things

shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shesprints has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    DAMN, those are some heavy bent-over rows! That's amazing. Has that always been a strong lift for you?
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

Wow 4x5 at 95 is total BEAST status for rowing at your size! I wanna see those lats!!

And I know that I was the one suggesting PHUL.... but now as I follow your journal... I want to switch over to it. I was trying to force myself to complete 12 weeks of Baby Got Back but I might have to stop after 8 and switch. I love that workout.
    I'm LOVING it. Shesprints had me wanting to switch to GVT already, but I'm gonna give this a solid 8 weeks hahah. I'll see what I can do about a lat pic - back is my FAVORITE.

Great looking workout! Nice job and like the exercises themselves. Cool program to work with, and looks very good to use to get back into the swing of things
    Thank you Pritch!! I'm loving this program and you're right - it was the perfect suggestion for getting me excited about the gym everyday.

DAMN, those are some heavy bent-over rows! That's amazing. Has that always been a strong lift for you?
    AH! Thank you! Yes, I used to do 2x my body weight in the good ol' days so we'll see if I can do it again!

Today's Workout: Lower Power
    Squat
    65 lbs x 5 reps
    75 lbs x 5 reps
    75 lbs x 5 reps
    75 lbs x 5 reps

Deadlift
    I definitely could have done more weight, but I didn't want to push it haha.
    75 lbs x 5 reps
    85 lbs x 5 reps
    95 lbs x 5 reps
    95 lbs x 5 reps

Leg Press
    I legit about died.
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps

Leg Curl
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps

BW Elevated Calf Raise
    BW x 25 reps
    BW x 25 reps
    BW x 25 reps

I've also been finishing every workout with about a mile walk on the treadmill - today I did 1.3 miles. I also walk to and from the gym!

Robust workout! Gotta love the near death leg days!
    Current PRs:

Robust workout! Gotta love the near death leg days!
    I'm not nearly as sore as I thought I would be! I think I need to stretch a bit more before/after because I'm wondering if some of my "strain" while lifting is actually just tight muscles.

I literally completed this workout in 35 minutes with a 10 minute walk, so my weights were lower than they probably could have been but I barely rested...like at all because I had an important work meeting and found out today that I'll be facing some pretty high level executives next week. It is both thrilling and making me very anxious, but also it's going to be great exposure and I'm working for such an incredible company in such an amazing position that I'll genuinely be able to gloat about our progress here in our operation.

But yeah, 320 reps in 35 minutes. I was sweatin' hahaha.

Today's Workout: Upper Hypertrophy

Incline DB Bench Press
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps
    17.5 lb DBs x 12 reps

Flat Bench DB Flyes
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps

Seated Cable Row
    40 lbs x 12 reps
    55 lbs x 12 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps

One Arm DB Row
    20 lbs x 12 reps
    20 lbs x 12 reps
    20 lbs x 12 reps
    20 lbs x 12 reps

DB Lateral Raise
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps
    7.5 lbs x 12 reps

Seated Incline DB Curl
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 12 reps
    10 lb DBs x 10 reps

Cable Tricep Extensions
    20 lbs x 12 reps
    20 lbs x 10 reps
    20 lbs x 10 reps
    20 lbs x 10 reps

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    All that in 35 minutes? Wow. Nicely done.

Also envying those rows. That is a lift I just haven't quite gotten down. I put it back in when finished with the peak cycle and meet but it's a struggle to make progress. I just want to one day do 135 pendlay row.

Good luck with the upcoming meeting. It's interesting to read about what others do and go through in their daily lives at home and work. Part of the fun in following these journals.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

Dammmn that's like nonexistent rest on that. Bet you get a good pump that way. I should try faster workouts like that... I get so lazy about it, but it's a great complement for higher-rep work. I tried to stick to 1 minute rest when I did GVT, and even that felt really hard.

Anyway mirin workout volume!
    --Hubert Humphrey

Very nice work!

35 minutes?! Holy crap, that's the most efficient workout I've ever seen.
    Current PRs:

Originally Posted by MissKB View Post
    AH! Thank you! Yes, I used to do 2x my body weight in the good ol' days so we'll see if I can do it again!
    Holy crap! I used to be proud of 100# row when I was 135#....

Anyway.... keep killing it. I think I'll be doing PHUL with you starting tomorrow :-D

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    All that in 35 minutes? Wow. Nicely done.

Also envying those rows. That is a lift I just haven't quite gotten down. I put it back in when finished with the peak cycle and meet but it's a struggle to make progress. I just want to one day do 135 pendlay row.

Good luck with the upcoming meeting. It's interesting to read about what others do and go through in their daily lives at home and work. Part of the fun in following these journals.
    Thank you so much! I love the "person"-al part of these journals. Of course we all have some level of fitness in common, but it's definitely cool to know that random badass women from everywhere are interested in each others lives. So cool

Listen, I have to be good at one thing - i.e. rows - you can do everything else x100000 hahaha!

Dammmn that's like nonexistent rest on that. Bet you get a good pump that way. I should try faster workouts like that... I get so lazy about it, but it's a great complement for higher-rep work. I tried to stick to 1 minute rest when I did GVT, and even that felt really hard.

Anyway mirin workout volume!
    Thank you! I think that's the nice part about lifting at lunch is that I'm so accountable for my time hahah. I used to take a 1 minute rest between sets at minimum and now I'm taking like 15 seconds hahaha.

Very nice work!
    Thank you!!

35 minutes?! Holy crap, that's the most efficient workout I've ever seen.
    EVER?! I WIN! hahaha. It was crazy and I couldn't move all weekend.

Holy crap! I used to be proud of 100# row when I was 135#....

Anyway.... keep killing it. I think I'll be doing PHUL with you starting tomorrow :-D
    Thank you! and YAYYY! I'm so excited! But you're gonna be like "damn, KB is weak af." hahahaha.

I had an amazing weekend with the fam. I truly, truly love motherhood. I must also note that we've been trying to conceive for a little while now, and due to breastfeeding him for 21 months and then also sleeping with him for a majority of the night - I wasn't ovulating. I'm FINALLY ovulating!! I haven't had TOM since July of 2015, so I thought I was gonna be broken forever haha. Fingers crossed for me, folks! I'd really like to give Rowan a brother (or sister - but...yanno...I'd prefer another boy ) hahaha.

Again, I completed this workout in less than 35 minutes! I had another 1pm meeting and tomorrow is gonna be the same deal. It's keepin' me real accountable haha.

Today's Workout: Lower Hypertrophy

Front Squat
    *done with a MAN BAR. BOOM.
    45lbs x 12 reps
    45lbs x 12 reps
    45lbs x 11 reps
    45lbs x 10 reps

Barbell Lunges
    ...lady bar.
    33lbs x 8 reps (per side)

Leg Extensions
    30 lbs x 13 reps
    30 lbs x 12 reps
    30 lbs x 10 reps
    30 lbs x 10 reps

Leg Curls
    45 lbs x 15 reps
    55 lbs x 15 reps
    55 lbs x 14 reps
    55 lbs x 12 reps

Standing Elevated Calf Raises
    BW x 25 reps
    BW x 25 reps
    BW x 25 reps

Seated Calf Press
    110 lbs x 15 reps
    110 lbs x 15 reps
    110 lbs x 12 reps

I did a quick .6 mile walk and then had to head back to the office. I'm 6,500 steps in for the day, so I'm gonna take a brief walk after my next meeting