Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by mavd View Post
    And I'll try not to hate you too much for struggling to gain. During my first bulk I was so active between lifting, playing hockey, teaching, and lab work I didn't start putting on weight until I was at about 3500 calories.
    ^^^THIS, it is very easy to burn a chit ton of calories if you're running around doing all the things plus working out. EAT MORE OP! Enjoy the feast!
    Current PRs:
    Bench Press: 195x1
    OHP: 105x4
    Deads: 315x1
    Back Squats: 275x1

SizeSlim Rep

*Team Amazon* - Sisterhood of Iron
    *Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

sadly, life is a marathon shesprints's Avatar
    shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah, if you're "starving," as you say, then you definitely can tell your body is giving you a message. My brother has a healthier relationship with food and his body than I do (given my history of anorexia) and his method for bulking is basically just to eat to fullness. All the time. Not to restrain himself if he wants more food. When he's also pushing it at the gym, his body is naturally going to want to grow, so just listening to appetite gets him there.

I mean personally I'm jealous, I could not do that as I'm neurotic and need to count everything. But yeah, I'll also echo people saying your TDEE can be higher than predicted. Mine is... partly because my measured RMR is quite a bit above average for my size. This happens with lifters, I am told.

GJ on the workout as always. That bench weight is solid. I'm sorry I forgot about the pushdowns from last time--I do remember you telling me they weren't in your program. Monday brain.
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I feel like a broken record because I say this all the time on this forum but, TDEE stands for Total Daily Energy Expenditure. If you are eating 4000 calories a day and not gaining any weight, you are expending 4000 calories a day. A million online calculators won't tell you more about your TDEE than truly accurate calorie counting and weigh-ins. It's time to up the calories if you're serious about gaining :-)

And I'll try not to hate you too much for struggling to gain. During my first bulk I was so active between lifting, playing hockey, teaching, and lab work I didn't start putting on weight until I was at about 3500 calories.
    Holy ****. 3500 calories a day. Welp, today I'm definitely going to touch about 2500 cals. My issue is also consistency - i can eat a ton today and then not be as motivated tomorrow. i'm gonna try to start snacking more as opposed to eating 3 meals a day and an ice cream (every night).

Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    This is exactly right, and further to this weight gain based on calorie consumption is not a linear correlation either as the more you eat the more energy you expend processing the extra food so you actually have to eat quite a decent surplus to gain weight
    Originally Posted by wildturkey View Post
    Furthermore the rate of energy at which your body expends the extra food is also dependent on gender, age, genetics...
    This makes sense! Thank you! I guess I've just been hesitant to eat too much and then gain weight I'm not happy with ahha. I'm trying to make sure my muscles are fed but I guess some fat gain is going to be inevitable.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    ^^^THIS, it is very easy to burn a chit ton of calories if you're running around doing all the things plus working out. EAT MORE OP! Enjoy the feast!
    Thanks Hobbes! I probably should.

Originally Posted by shesprints View Post
    Yeah, if you're "starving," as you say, then you definitely can tell your body is giving you a message. My brother has a healthier relationship with food and his body than I do (given my history of anorexia) and his method for bulking is basically just to eat to fullness. All the time. Not to restrain himself if he wants more food. When he's also pushing it at the gym, his body is naturally going to want to grow, so just listening to appetite gets him there.

I mean personally I'm jealous, I could not do that as I'm neurotic and need to count everything. But yeah, I'll also echo people saying your TDEE can be higher than predicted. Mine is... partly because my measured RMR is quite a bit above average for my size. This happens with lifters, I am told.

GJ on the workout as always. That bench weight is solid. I'm sorry I forgot about the pushdowns from last time--I do remember you telling me they weren't in your program. Monday brain.
    "starving" is definitely an exaggeration hahah. I have struggled/do struggle with disordered eating - so this is proving to be VERY hard for me. I'm trying to find my TDEE, eat well and eat often without developing any old habits/freaking out when the scale actually does start to increase.

This workout felt heavy, again. I feel that I can do more and lift more, but maybe as I'm working on calorie intake and purposely eating to fuel a workout I'll feel better again.

Today's Workout: Lower Power
    Squat
    100 lbs x 5 reps
    100 lbs x 5 reps
    100 lbs x 5 reps
    100 lbs x 4 reps

Deadlift
    115 lbs x 5 reps
    115 lbs x 5 reps
    115 lbs x 5 reps
    115 lbs x 5 reps

Leg Press
    Sled + 50 lbs x 13 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps
    Sled + 50 lbs x 10 reps

Seated Leg Curl
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 8 reps

KB Calf Raise SS w/ Standing Side Crunches
    28lb KB x 25 reps SS w/ 15 crunches per side
    Trying to gain a booty so my husband can squeeze it:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175451341&page=4

mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000)
    85 pound leg curl?!? EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS? I'm 100% positive I've never used more than 65 on a seated leg curl machine. You've got some crazy hammies! Does it bother your knees at all to curl that much?
    Instagram: @doctorv17

shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) shesprints has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Leg curls are awesome. The step up from those is glute ham raises. Can you do one? I love them for hitting hamstrings and also testing body control. I also see you're squatting nearly your bodyweight for multiple reps, so that's cool, nbd, how long have you been back in lifting? geez.

I think disordered eating history can make bulking, or any conscious weight gain, very, very difficult. It's just entrenched for women in our culture to want to be smaller. If you can get mad about that (I get mad about that a lot) maybe it'll help?
    "The right to be heard does not automatically include the right to be taken seriously."
    --Hubert Humphrey

Training Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=170707741&p=1427864821#post1427864821

thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) thehobbes has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    That's a killer workout with squats, deads, and those big leg curls! Great work OP!
    Leg curls are awesome. The step up from those is glute ham raises.
    Glute ham station at the gym scares me. It's so high off the floor I'm afraid I'll get stuck and end up starving to death up there.
    I think disordered eating history can make bulking, or any conscious weight gain, very, very difficult. It's just entrenched for women in our culture to want to be smaller. If you can get mad about that (I get mad about that a lot) maybe it'll help?
    I never got the logic of that, srs. It's like Christmas morning for me when I get to go to Home Depot in a tank top and start tossing around topsoil like a crazy person. Actually makes me a little uneasy when I cut weight simply for the reason I can't announce to everyone all the time that I weigh 175, very srs. I get worried at least once a week that reincarnation is a thing and I'll come back as some skinny person who has no interest in lifting. Then I get worried I'll come back as some person stuck in a third world country starving to death (mathematically that would be the most likely place for anybody reincarnated to end up.) Sigh, I guess I have some chit to work out... LIKE BICEPS OF RAGE, BWAH HA HA HA!!!

Lift and eat like a beast OP, you got this.
    Current PRs:

SizeSlim Rep

*Log - There's a Ham in the Power Rack, Part II http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167311531

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Awesome work - very strong! I'm going to have to step it up on leg curls, you could give me a run for my money
    2018 #250K Challenge Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175267541
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167114151

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    85 pound leg curl?!? EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS? I'm 100% positive I've never used more than 65 on a seated leg curl machine.
    Cosign on this sentiment. Though I rarely do leg curls but still, when it has been in program, never gone that heavy. Craziness.

And yeah, unfortunately I can see how the switch to gaining can be a challenge when often times the focus is on being smaller. Can be a challenge to face the mental side though I still dream of doing a bulk. But you can do it. Enjoy the power of the bulk and lift all the things!
    Gym Max: 225/126/275
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250) MissKB has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    85 pound leg curl?!? EIGHTY FIVE POUNDS? I'm 100% positive I've never used more than 65 on a seated leg curl machine. You've got some crazy hammies! Does it bother your knees at all to curl that much?
    It's really hard to understand why I can do certain things (like this) but I feel like I'm dying with a 50lb added leg press? LOL. But yes, it does make my knees feel like they're hyperextended if I come up too far

Leg curls are awesome. The step up from those is glute ham raises. Can you do one? I love them for hitting hamstrings and also testing body control. I also see you're squatting nearly your bodyweight for multiple reps, so that's cool, nbd, how long have you been back in lifting? geez.

that's a great exercise suggestion! i'll have to see if i can find a spot to do it in the gym it wasn't until you mentioned this that I actually thought wait...damn..yea I am squatting a good amount for my size! haha

I think the solution for this bulking phase is to only weigh myself every 2 weeks and then to also make sure i hit at LEAST 2300 but not to restrict if i'm still hungry etc.

Originally Posted by thehobbes View Post
    That's a killer workout with squats, deads, and those big leg curls! Great work OP!

Glute ham station at the gym scares me. It's so high off the floor I'm afraid I'll get stuck and end up starving to death up there.

I never got the logic of that, srs. It's like Christmas morning for me when I get to go to Home Depot in a tank top and start tossing around topsoil like a crazy person. Actually makes me a little uneasy when I cut weight simply for the reason I can't announce to everyone all the time that I weigh 175, very srs. I get worried at least once a week that reincarnation is a thing and I'll come back as some skinny person who has no interest in lifting. Then I get worried I'll come back as some person stuck in a third world country starving to death (mathematically that would be the most likely place for anybody reincarnated to end up.) Sigh, I guess I have some chit to work out... LIKE BICEPS OF RAGE, BWAH HA HA HA!!!

Lift and eat like a beast OP, you got this.
    hahaha you're hilarious. that's the goal, i'm gonna eat like a boss, say fuk it to potentially gaining "too much" or weight that i "don't like" haha and i'll harness the power of the bulk.

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Awesome work - very strong! I'm going to have to step it up on leg curls, you could give me a run for my money
    thank you pritch! hahah too bad you'd do leg curls SS with leg press or something insane that'd actually kill me

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    Cosign on this sentiment. Though I rarely do leg curls but still, when it has been in program, never gone that heavy. Craziness.

And yeah, unfortunately I can see how the switch to gaining can be a challenge when often times the focus is on being smaller. Can be a challenge to face the mental side though I still dream of doing a bulk. But you can do it. Enjoy the power of the bulk and lift all the things!
    thank you for your encouragement! i think that sounds like a good plan too!

just 30 minutes of cardio today - watched netflix and got out of the office. i know it's strange to post it here, but i'm either going to get my TOM at some point in the next week or i'm going to be pregnant and i REALLY hope it's the latter - so send me your good vibes if you have 'em

I decided to try to eat before this one...I didn't really notice a difference. You know what I think may help? getting more that 14% of my calorie intake from protein I didn't realize how many carbs i eat!! Lol. jesus. I'm eating 2300 calories of fuggin rice and english muffins and in the mean time my muscles are gasping for protein I'm gonna go back to bulk making chicken and rice and protein shakes and adding them back into my diet.

also, getting back on my multivitamin train. gotta get this energy from somewhere because apparently 4 cups of coffee per day aren't cutting it.

ANYWAYS...

today's workout: Upper hypertrophy

incline bb bench press
    55 lbs x 12 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 10 reps
    55 lbs x 8 reps

flat bench db flyes
    12.5 lbs x 12 reps
    12.5 lbs x 12 reps
    12.5 lbs x 12 reps
    12.5 lbs x 12 reps

seated cable row
    60 lbs x 12 reps
    60 lbs x 12 reps
    60 lbs x 12 reps
    60 lbs x 12 reps

one arm db row
    25 lbs x 12 reps
    25 lbs x 12 reps
    25 lbs x 12 reps
    25 lbs x 12 reps

db lateral raise
    10 lbs x 10 reps
    10 lbs x 10 reps
    10 lbs x 10 reps
    10 lbs x 10 reps

assisted pull-ups
    55lb assist x 12
    55lb assist x 12
    55lb assist x 12
    55lb assist x 12

incline DB curls
    10lb DBs x 12
    10lb DBs x 12
    10lb DBs x 12
    10lb DBs x 12

cable tricep pushdowns
    25 lbs x 12
    25 lbs x 12
    25 lbs x 12

I then did a 15 minute jaunt on the elliptical and watched some netflix.

I mean, lady, if you have low energy, eating more will help too. Your plan sounds good; protein really does help with recovery, at least for me. You might also want to consider options beyond chicken breast--red meat (if you eat it), eggs, etc. Chicken breast is extremely low in B-12, which is both important for energy and hard to absorb in a multi.

Still killing the program, I see. I love incline curls, they isolate the bicep so well. Guh, your log is motivating me to do more lifting for sure. I want those guns. :P
    --Hubert Humphrey

mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000) mavd is just really nice. (+1000)
    Be sure to take those vitamins with a fatty meal for best results. I've been trying to get on the vitamin bandwagon by taking Vitamin C gummies and a prenatal (per doc's recommendation, not because I'm TTC). Probably should throw a general multi in there too.

U/H looking great. You're caught up to me on BB Incline as well!

I mean, lady, if you have low energy, eating more will help too. Your plan sounds good; protein really does help with recovery, at least for me. You might also want to consider options beyond chicken breast--red meat (if you eat it), eggs, etc. Chicken breast is extremely low in B-12, which is both important for energy and hard to absorb in a multi.

Still killing the program, I see. I love incline curls, they isolate the bicep so well. Guh, your log is motivating me to do more lifting for sure. I want those guns. :P
    thank you so much for the recommendations! we stocked up on red meat this weekend. i make eggs every morning for my kiddo ... i really should just make one or two for myself, too? lol. i'm glad you're doing more lifting! it can only help BJJ right?

Be sure to take those vitamins with a fatty meal for best results. I've been trying to get on the vitamin bandwagon by taking Vitamin C gummies and a prenatal (per doc's recommendation, not because I'm TTC). Probably should throw a general multi in there too.

U/H looking great. You're caught up to me on BB Incline as well!
    great suggestion on when to take the multi. i can't take 'em first thing so that works out perfect, anyways. i take prenatal gummies

I did this on Friday and the bottom random workout today. turns out i need to do change my plan...because i'm pregnant very early. literally a handful of people know - and now this part of the internet, but i need to do more research on heavy lifting and early pregnancy so i did a random assortment of low weight high rep exercises. any recommendations?

Friday's Workout: Lower Hypertrophy

Front Squat
    60lbs x 8 reps
    60lbs x 8 reps
    60lbs x 8 reps
    60lbs x 8 reps

One Leg Push Downs?
    65lbs x 10 reps (per side)

SLDL
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 10 reps
    85 lbs x 10 reps

Leg Extensions
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps
    45 lbs x 12 reps

Leg Curls
    65 lbs x 12 reps
    65 lbs x 12 reps
    65 lbs x 12 reps
    65 lbs x 12 reps

Standing Elevated Calf Raises
    25lb KBs x 25 reps
    25lb KBs x 25 reps
    25lb KBs x 25 reps

Seated Calf Press
    130 lbs x 15 reps
    130 lbs x 15 reps
    130 lbs x 15 reps
    130 lbs x 15 reps

Today's Workout: Upper Hypertrophy

Chest Press
    FlyesLat Pull Downs
    DB Rows
    Lateral Raises
    Seated Rows
    DB Rows
    DB Curls
    Cable Tricep Extensions

All at or under 25lbs.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    ooo Congrats! Wish I had any tips or advice but I know nothing. Though I have followed a couple of women on instagram who lifted during pregnancy like momofbeast. Good luck with finding what you need.
    Gym Max: 225/126/275
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Oohhh congrats!!! I've "heard" that doing what you did before you got pregnant is generally acceptable, but I would suggest talking to your doctor about it anyway. There was a girl on here that journaled during her entire pregnancy, I think her handle is "okayest"?

Oh wooooow congratulations! That might explain some of the fatigue too. My friend who has two kids was just telling me how exhausted she was during her first trimesters. I know a lot of ladies at my regular gym who /swim/ during most of their pregnancies but not that many who lift. I know Meg (forget her whole handle) on these boards was a competitive bodybuilder who trained during at least some of her pregnancy not too long ago. When I'm not in the midst of post-travel jumping-back-into-work whiplash I can try to dig it up for you.

But wow congrats! So honored you would tell us. <3 and so happy it seems to have happened relatively swiftly given your concerns.
    --Hubert Humphrey

pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) pastorpritch has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Congrats!
    2018 #250K Challenge Thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175267541
    Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167114151

Originally Posted by Fiction2Fitness View Post
    ooo Congrats! Wish I had any tips or advice but I know nothing. Though I have followed a couple of women on instagram who lifted during pregnancy like momofbeast. Good luck with finding what you need.
    Thank you!

Oohhh congrats!!! I've "heard" that doing what you did before you got pregnant is generally acceptable, but I would suggest talking to your doctor about it anyway. There was a girl on here that journaled during her entire pregnancy, I think her handle is "okayest"?
    I'm going to definitely lift - just much less! more reps! haha

Oh wooooow congratulations! That might explain some of the fatigue too. My friend who has two kids was just telling me how exhausted she was during her first trimesters. I know a lot of ladies at my regular gym who /swim/ during most of their pregnancies but not that many who lift. I know Meg (forget her whole handle) on these boards was a competitive bodybuilder who trained during at least some of her pregnancy not too long ago. When I'm not in the midst of post-travel jumping-back-into-work whiplash I can try to dig it up for you.

But wow congrats! So honored you would tell us. <3 and so happy it seems to have happened relatively swiftly given your concerns.
    Thank you!! it definitely explains the fatigue! i'm EXHAUSTED it's how i knew hahaha

Originally Posted by pastorpritch View Post
    Congrats!
    thank you!!

So, with advice from my doc/internet/research etc., I can still lift, I just can't lift the weight i was doing before - so by keeping my heart rate in check, I'll basically be doing supersets and AMRAP on a bunch of exercises I'm definitely noticing that going from 5 cups of coffee per day down to 1...no diet soda...and all of the pregnancy exhaustion...and a VERY energetic 2 year old...I'm wiped hahaha.

I'll probably keep the same schedule of 2 upper days and 2 lower days just focusing on different parts of each

Today's Workout: LOWER

SQUATS
    45lbsx10
    45lbsx10
    45lbsx10
    45lbsx10

Leg Press
    SLEDx10
    SLEDx10
    SLEDx10
    SLEDx10
    SLEDx10

Lying Hamstring Curl
    15x15
    15x15
    15x15
    15x15

Leg Extension SS w/ Adductors SS w/ Abductors
    45lb (for all) x 15-25
    45lb (for all) x 15-25
    45lb (for all) x 15-25

SL Pressdowns
    40x15 (per side)
    40x15 (per side)
    40x15 (per side)
    40x15 (per side)
    40x15 (per side)

Then 5 minutes on the "long run" machine which is insane and i was out of breath hahah.

Whoa, congratulations!!! That's awesome news OP. Recommendations? Hmmm, well my go-to recommendation is do more rows, but that can be applied to everything pretty much. Pregnant? Do more rows. Have a flat tire? Do more rows. Forgot to buy carrots? Do more rows.
    Current PRs:

SizeSlim Rep

Yeah, that's what I've heard--that it's a heart rate thing. You definitely know better, and it seems like you know your body pretty well tbh.

The other cool part is your blood volume is going to increase so much throughout gestation that afterwards you'll be a stamina beast. (True story, a lot of elite runners get /faster/ after having a kid).
    --Hubert Humphrey

beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000) beefcake66 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Holy!

Congratulations!
    BluePrint Believer!

Log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=163012481