healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Little Butt Dance/ Jank while doing squats

Whenever I do squats, I notice that I have been doing this kind of little dance like thing where I have to like shake/drop my butt low to lift the weights up. Not sure if it is extremely improper form and if I should drop the weights lower.

PS: recommend muting the sound to ignore school gym's music.

youtube .com/watch?v=FO5vLNCN8iY

AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AttyGuy has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by healking View Post
    Whenever I do squats, I notice that I have been doing this kind of little dance like thing where I have to like shake/drop my butt low to lift the weights up. Not sure if it is extremely improper form and if I should drop the weights lower.

PS: recommend muting the sound to ignore school gym's music.

WTH is this? I don't know where this goes, but it doesn't go here.
    You need a good rack, a bench, and a 300-lb Olympic weight set. Now, what was your question?

My home gym: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=652376&p=1465291461&viewfull=1#post1465291461.

()---() York Barbell Club #1 (DD, RH, Kg) ()---() []---[] Equipment Crew #36 []---[] []---[] Ivanko Barbell Crew #51 []---[] [M]===[6] Mech6 Crew #29 [M]===[6] ~~ 4 Horsemen ~~

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    The dreaded butt wink. It's a mobility/flexibility issue which causes it, you'll need to improve your mobility/flexibility to fix that, otherwise lower back injuries will occur.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You are rounding your lower back in the hole. That’s bad. Drop the weight slowly, then squeeze your glutes at the bottom to muscle up; keep your back angle; use lighter weight if necessary to lock in the form.

healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) healking has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by AttyGuy View Post
    WTH is this? I don't know where this goes, but it doesn't go here.
    An exercise question about squats doesn't being in the exercise sub category?

Originally Posted by BrightonBomber View Post
    The dreaded butt wink. It's a mobility/flexibility issue which causes it, you'll need to improve your mobility/flexibility to fix that, otherwise lower back injuries will occur.
    i see, thanks! Do you know of any stretches or workouts I should be looking more into to increasing my flexibility?

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by healking View Post
    i see, thanks! Do you know of any stretches or workouts I should be looking more into to increasing my flexibility?
    Butt wink is usually down to poor hamstring flexibility or hip mobility. Any stretching you do to improve those 2 things should help.

DeFranco's limber 11 is a popular program that should help you improve your flexibility and mobility. But I found it wasn't good enough to fix all my mobility/flexibility issues as I'm naturally very inflexible. I started doing yoga but that's probably not necessary for most people, very few people are as inflexible as me.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just going to toss this out here:

Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5