Omaga is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cool I am totally clueless and need advice!!!

Hello guys I am new here. I have never exercised before until a month ago where I randomly picked a poor workout plan that I made by myself. I don't know anything about working out at all. I will give some information about myself:

I am 18 years old, I weight ~61 KG and I am almost 170cm tall. I never exercised before and I don't know anything about exercising. Today I decided to step my game up and register here to get help. I only exercise at home as I have no money. I own a pair of dumbells, a pullup bar. Until last month I wasn't even able to peform 6 reps of pushups. (Now I can do 10 in one set, and if I rest I can do x3 sets )

1 Month ago I have created a poor workout plan by myself by Youtubing Basic Home workouts and I came with this plan:

Day1 Biceps + Legs
    Supinating Bi-literal bicep curls (12x4)
    Alternating Hammer curls (12x4)
    Zottman Curls (12x4)
    Morpheus workout (from Freeletics)
    50x2 Calf raises

Day2 Triceps
    Close Grip Press (12x4)
    Standing French Press (12x4)
    Bi-literal kickbacks (12x4)

Day3 Forearm
    Stress Ball (squeezes 50x2)
    Wrist curls (12x4)
    Handgrip (15x4)

This plan is overwhelming and I feel murdered after I finish it. I also see no results.

Note: Today I did pullups for the first time in my life. Thanks to this website suggesting me to use chair to assist myself. I did 3x10 chair-assisted pullups but it exhausted me and I am unable to work my triceps (I am on day 2 now)

I am sure this plan is terrible because it only targets the arms. I don't know any back/chest exercises or anything. My goal is to get a fitter body. I don't want 6 abs pack or huge muscles, I just want a toned body and a bit of muscles. I want to be fit in other words.
    I can't do squats no matter what too.

I really need help here please. I want a healthier body and I don't understand anything about bodybuilding. Can anybody design me a simple full-body workout plan that includes rest days? Can you tell me how long should I wait for results and other advice?
    How long should I wait for results?

I have read multiple sources about exercising and they said to pick 1 exercise and here is what I got:
    Quads: Lunges
    Butt and Hamstrings: Hip raises
    Push: Pushups
    Pull: Pullups
    Core: Planks

But where are biceps and triceps? How to integrate dumbbells here? How to structure those exercises in a plan that gives me rest days and allows me to tone my body? I don't know anything!!!

Thanks for reading!
    Last edited by Omaga; 02-24-2018 at 03:46 AM. Reason: Improved the overall structure of the post

Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Hi,I am a noob too but i think that "fierce 5 novice dumbbell program" would be perfect for you.
    https :// forum. bodybuilding. com/showthread.php?t=162916931
    Without the spaces.

After a lot of reading I have made this plan.

Days:
    Saturday (exercise)
    Sunday (rest)
    Monday (exercise)
    Tuesday (rest)
    Wednesday (exercise)
    Friday (rest)
    Sunday (rest)
    (2 rest days at the end of the week)
    Repeat

Exercise:
    Push: Push ups
    Pull: Pull ups
    Lower legs: Calf raises
    Bicep: Bicep Curls
    Triceps: Dumbbell Tricep Extension
    Rear Delts: Wall Rear Delts
    Forearms: Handgripper
    Last edited by Omaga; 02-24-2018 at 01:20 PM. Reason: Mentioning the routine I took

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    hey there..

Also, a list of exercises and corresponding body parts is NOT a program.

Basically anything you do will be beneficial to your health and overall strength, but if you're actually looking for results you're going to need a structured program with balance, progression, deloads, resets, etc.

If you actually want to see any results, you're going to need more equipment, or a gym membership... Unless you want to get really creative with pillow cases, back packs, trash bags, and sand / dirt / stones to add weight as you get stronger... basically prison style bodybuilding.

Finally, the best workout routine isn't going to mean much if you aren't eating a caloric surplus (gaining weight), while also having enough protein and fats in your diet.

Check out the Nutrition forum for that info.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!
    https://tinyurl.com/fluidzF5

Originally Posted by fluidZ View Post
    hey there..

Also, a list of exercises and corresponding body parts is NOT a program.

Basically anything you do will be beneficial to your health and overall strength, but if you're actually looking for results you're going to need a structured program with balance, progression, deloads, resets, etc.

If you actually want to see any results, you're going to need more equipment, or a gym membership... Unless you want to get really creative with pillow cases, back packs, trash bags, and sand / dirt / stones to add weight as you get stronger... basically prison style bodybuilding.

Finally, the best workout routine isn't going to mean much if you aren't eating a caloric surplus (gaining weight), while also having enough protein and fats in your diet.

Check out the Nutrition forum for that info.

The problem is that I am exercising-illiterate. I literally never heard or knew about how workout is structured, how nutrition is done, what forms and etc.

But after taking someone's advice I have created a full-body workout routine that incorporates 10 exercises, most of them being compound bodyweight exercises. 3 Times a week:

The Exercises:
    Push: Push ups
    Pull: Pull ups
    Lower legs: Calf raises
    Bicep: Bicep Curls
    Triceps: Dumbbell Tricep Extension
    Rear Delts: Wall Rear Delts
    Forearms: Handgripper

Right now my entire body is sore and it feels damn good

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    There is a lot more that goes into a program than just a list of exercises. Look at one of the routines in the sticky threads, it will almost certainly be better than whatever you concoct on your own without much experience and knowledge.

Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50) Bawsome will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    The exercises in that program are not "dangerous".You can start with very light weight until you learn the proper form.There are tons of videos on youtube to learn those exercises.

fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) fluidZ is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Omaga View Post
    The problem is that I am exercising-illiterate. I literally never heard or knew about how workout is structured, how nutrition is done, what forms and etc.

Respectfully, and in your own words, you don't know anything.

Feeling sore is not a precondition for muscle growth. Anything you do will make you sore the first couple of times.

The problem is making the exercises HARDER while maintaining BALANCE... progressive overload is key to muscle growth. You won't get very far without any equipment, or a gym, as I said, because you don't have any way of increasing resistance, outside of a few techniques.

If you bought some resistance bands and a door anchor for $20 or so, you would be able to go much farther than what you currently have now.
    Fluid's happy-sunshine-bright-feeling-for-you Fierce5 log -- now with REAL cheese!

RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000) RockCrab is a name known to all. (+5000)
    If that's your goal, have I got a program for you!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=153675871

Originally Posted by RockCrab View Post
    If that's your goal, have I got a program for you!

https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showt...hp?t=153675871
    omg.. dude.. i seriously peed a little reading that... was the funniest thing I've seen / read in a while... defo bookmarked. I seriously lost it at mentzer...

On spread..

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    There is a lot more that goes into a program than just a list of exercises. Look at one of the routines in the sticky threads, it will almost certainly be better than whatever you concoct on your own without much experience and knowledge.
    I workout at home and only have a pair dumbbells, the routines here assume you can peform a strange new dumbbell exercise with correct form and expect you are in a gym too

Respectfully, and in your own words, you don't know anything.

Feeling sore is not a precondition for muscle growth. Anything you do will make you sore the first couple of times.

The problem is making the exercises HARDER while maintaining BALANCE... progressive overload is key to muscle growth. You won't get very far without any equipment, or a gym, as I said, because you don't have any way of increasing resistance, outside of a few techniques.

If you bought some resistance bands and a door anchor for $20 or so, you would be able to go much farther than what you currently have now.
    I have a pull up bar and I can't do real pullups, but I can exercise with a chair. Now after a while I will upgrade to real pullups, which is a real "resistance" increase.

My financial situation is crap so going to a gym is impossible for me.

I am at home most of the time and I realized I am sitting all day on PC doing nothing so I decided to do something useful to my body and so I started exercising.... You can tell from how I talk that I never exercised before but hey, at least I am doing a healthy thing.

Also the muscles that sored were ones I never exercised before and that's normal, (right?)

I have a pull up bar and I can't do real pullups, but I can exercise with a chair. Now after a while I will upgrade to real pullups, which is a real "resistance" increase.

I am at home most of the time and I realized I am sitting all day on PC doing nothing so I decided to do something useful to my body and so I started exercising.... You can tell from how I talk that I never exercised before but hey, at least I am doing a healthy thing.

Also the muscles that sored were ones I never exercised before and that's normal, (right?)

nobody is ragging on you dude. we're all stoked you want to get healthier and junk. We just trying to give some realistic expectations from the info you are giving us.

And as I mentioned before, if you literally have no cash, then there are prison style workouts and you can get really creative, but if you can scrape together some cash, $20 for resistance bands would take you pretty far before you would likely need some iron.

Just starting out with bodyweight and junk is cool too. But you're going to need extra resistance after a while, and there is only but so much you can do.

nobody is ragging on you dude. we're all stoked you want to get healthier and junk. We just trying to give some realistic expectations from the info you are giving us.

And as I mentioned before, if you literally have no cash, then there are prison style workouts and you can get really creative, but if you can scrape together some cash, $20 for resistance bands would take you pretty far before you would likely need some iron.

Just starting out with bodyweight and junk is cool too. But you're going to need extra resistance after a while, and there is only but so much you can do.

Don't worry I am chill bro

I have a power twister too. Forgot to say that, is it of use?

sledgurl07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Being the fact you mentioned you've never excersised before, and you haven't got the funds to join a gym, or buy proper equipment might prove a little challenging, but there are other options to get ya going.

I think trying yoga would be a good free start into your fitness journey. Have you seen people that do yoga frequently? Nice muscle tone! This you can do for free. If you have access to YOUTUBE, a good instructor I'd recommend is "Yoga with Adriene." She has many different options... from beginner's, to advance.

Also, you might try googling "body resistance excercises." You can get quiet strong simply using your own body's resistance.

I wish you the best on your, "Fitness journey."

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

I am at home most of the time and I realized I am sitting all day on PC doing nothing.....
    Many fitness centers offer memberships for as little as $10.00/month. I'd bet you're spending much more than that on your internet provider alone.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Many fitness centers offer memberships for as little as $10.00/month. I'd bet you're spending much more than that on your internet provider alone.
    The YMCA generally offers discounts through 'Everyone Deserves a Y' program or whatever it's called.

Community centers may also have equipment. worth checking out.

Colleges also generally have stuf.. if you volunteer some hours with them or help clean up the place, you could get in.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    The nearest gym to my place (which is a low-class gym full of thugs) costs ~$42.31 for 90 days subscription... Is it worth it?
    Maybe convince a friend to join me?

How about joining after 3 months, after my body gets toned a bit using my current exercise plan?

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    The nearest gym to my place (which is a low-class gym full of thugs) costs ~$42.31 for 90 days subscription... Is it worth it?
    Maybe convince a friend to join me?

How about joining after 3 months, after my body gets toned a bit using my current exercise plan?
    42 dollars every 3 months is definitely worth it

not sure why you would delay joining the gym when you can get started right now

Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    42 dollars every 3 months is definitely worth it

not sure why you would delay joining the gym when you can get started right now

I will not go to the gym now, maybe in 1-4 years from now. My father lost his job recently and I currently have lots of studies. I choose to exercise at home because it's mobile, flexible and doesn't harm my daily routine.

LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) LactoseTolerant is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I will not go to the gym now, maybe in 1-4 years from now.
    Sounds like you're looking to talk yourself out of this. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing.

Originally Posted by LactoseTolerant View Post
    Sounds like you're looking to talk yourself out of this. Good luck with whatever you wind up doing.

Don't worry. I exercise at home
    I can't do any normal pullups, but I can do chair assisted-pull ups. One day I will be able to progress to a normal pull up. That's when I know my body is becoming strong.

After I learn to do pull ups, get 100 pushups at home and stuff like this, I will probably fund some spare money to join a gym

Today is an exercise day. So I will do all those 10 exercises

The YMCA generally offers discounts through 'Everyone Deserves a Y' program or whatever it's called.

Community centers may also have equipment. worth checking out.

Colleges also generally have stuf.. if you volunteer some hours with them or help clean up the place, you could get in.

Hey, If I increase the reps and eventually increase the workouts by 1 set, do I simulate progressive overload? (Body weight exercises)