chocheaven is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Any other skinny girls out there...?

Hey,

I'm a skinny woman trying to bulk/build muscle. Would love to hear from other slim ladies out there and see your transformation pics with details of what program you have/are following. Inspiration and motivation needed please...I'm in my late 30's and wishing I had started this journey a long time ago and hope it's not too late. I'm following The Vikings Bare Bones Series full body workout (3 day program)...man it's tough and wipes me out but I'm enjoying it.

I'm 5ft7, 118lbs. 2 years ago I was over 14lb less, I think my age is helping with the increase in size! Always been skinny, it's genetic.

I'm tracking macros and currently eating around 1800 calories. I am struggling to pack more in...any tips on additional snacks appreciated, and having between 70-80g of protein a day.

TIA

sledgurl07 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I betch'ya could eat more calories to increase your weight? Sounds like your below your maintenance calories intake? I'm kinda thinking based on a calorie calculator, that you would be looking at more like 2500 per day, in order to gain weight? But I'm not as educated in fitness like some of the other posters here.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Eat more fats. Eat more dense carbs. Swap high volume vegetables with lower volume vegetables. Drink calories.

RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000) RealtorinCT is just really nice. (+1000)
    Ben and Jerry's new york super fudge.

Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Eat more fats. Eat more dense carbs. Swap high volume vegetables with lower volume vegetables. Drink calories.
    What foods would you recommend? I'm very new to all this and trying my best. I honestly don't know how I'd fit in 2500 calories but I'm willing to try. Snacks are probably my downfall as I'm going mainly for nuts.

TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) TrinnieBuu has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    My friend is in the same boat, what she's doing:
    +add extra dressing to salads, or oil when you're cooking
    +avocado on everything
    +snack on nuts, very dense in calories and good fats
    +set alarms to remind yourself to snack, even if she doesn't feel like eating, she'd still snack on something small to make a habit of eating more
    +stop eating so many salads, go for veggies higher in calories (instead of romaine lettuce, go for peppers, etc)
    +don't force yourself to go from 1800 to 2500 in a day, add 100-200 extra calories every week until you're comfortable eating 2500 a day. A lot of skinny people get nervous thinking of adding 700 kcal to their day, but if you think of it as 100 kcal chunks, it's more manageable.

Good luck!
    They said she's gone too far this time

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by chocheaven View Post
    What foods would you recommend? I'm very new to all this and trying my best. I honestly don't know how I'd fit in 2500 calories but I'm willing to try. Snacks are probably my downfall as I'm going mainly for nuts.
    Literally anything you like to eat that has calories. Nuts should help. I personally would go for pesto, chocolate milk, nut butter and jelly or banana sandwiches, sour cream and guacamole on anything, cookies, cheese and mayo on whole rye, smoked salmon canapés, sushi bowls with spicy mayo, peas, mashed potatoes, scrambled eggs with toast with butter and jelly. Steaks, sausage and chicken thighs instead of leaner meats. Fruit juice. Literally anything.

Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I was quite skinny too before I started... And yes, eat more fat, that's what I did.

Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to eat more fats, good ones though instead of McDonald's! Haha!

Appreciate all your help x

Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10) Stacy36 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    No problem!

itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) itsagoodday has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Stacy36 View Post
    I was quite skinny too before I started... And yes, eat more fat, that's what I did.
    Thanks everyone.

I'm trying to eat more fats
    Fats don't make you fat any more than anything else will, so that won't help you. If you are trying to gain weight, eat more calories overall. If you are struggling to get enough calories in, eat things that (1) appeal to you without getting hung up on eating "clean" this or "healthy" that, provided that the rest of your diet is fairly balanced and nutritious and (2) pack the most bang for your buck in a smaller serving ie. peanut butter. If you continue to struggle to get enough calories in, start making substitutions like switching over to whole milk, and throwing butter or oil into pretty much everything. But seriously, you're overthinking. Just eat more.

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    Fats don't make you fat any more than anything else will, so that won't help you. If you are trying to gain weight, eat more calories overall. If you are struggling to get enough calories in, eat things that (1) appeal to you without getting hung up on eating "clean" this or "healthy" that, provided that the rest of your diet is fairly balanced and nutritious and (2) pack the most bang for your buck in a smaller serving ie. peanut butter. If you continue to struggle to get enough calories in, start making substitutions like switching over to whole milk, and throwing butter or oil into pretty much everything. But seriously, you're overthinking. Just eat more.
    This.^^
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)

Originally Posted by itsagoodday View Post
    I've always eaten relatively hearty meals and I LOVE takeaways, McDonalds, KFC...you name it! But surely I shouldn't be eating this kind of food if I'm looking to gain weight in a good way and to build muscle? My stomach area isn't so skinny and that's down to where I store fat.

So that's why I'm trying to eat healthy fats and more of them, I'm still learning and finding it hard.

Thanks for all your help x

Originally Posted by Stacy36 View Post
    Do you have any of your example meal plans you could share with me please?

kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) kimm4 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I've always eaten relatively hearty meals and I LOVE takeaways, McDonalds, KFC...you name it! But surely I shouldn't be eating this kind of food if I'm looking to gain weight in a good way and to build muscle? My stomach area isn't so skinny and that's down to where I store fat.

So that's why I'm trying to eat healthy fats and more of them, I'm still learning and finding it hard.

Thanks for all your help x
    The amount of weight you gain will come down to the calorie surplus you're using. It has nothing to do with a specific food.
    National Level Competitor (Female BB)