kend0g187 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

skeleton face every time I get healthy

I'm a naturally skinny guy who has a much easier time losing fat than gaining muscle mass. I'm ok with this since I'm into climbing and other sports where it helps to be lean/light. The problem is which parts of my body the fat leaves from (face and butt) and which parts hang on to the fat the longest (lower abs). I would prefer the opposite. I end up looking like a skeleton and it hurts to sit down long before my 6-pack is where I want it to be. I've seen guys who are completely chiseled (~6% body fat) yet their face still looks normal. I don't know how they do it, or if they're just lucky. I don't know if there's a solution for me, but I have several ideas and I'd love to get opinions on them.

1. Eat more healthy carbs and fats, don't keto. (I think this will just slow down my fat loss, but not solve my problem.)
    2. Eat less healthy - focus on burning fat through exercise rather than diet. (Think Michael Phelps.)
    3. Facial yoga. (Sounds like complete BS to me).
    4. Dermal fillers in the face. (Worried about lumpiness, poor results.)
    5. Maintain a higher body-fat percentage, but get the ab-etching procedure.

Attached is a photo of me at my goal body fat %. You can see the skeleton face and my abs aren't even that cut.

Opinions?
    Attached Images

cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000) cosm0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Your face looks normal and you are way over thinking this.

People want a leaner face, thats a desired look for people. Look at any model they have a very pronounced jaw line but if you want to have a puffier face eat more chit food as you said. But I think you are worrying about nothing.
    Healthcare Crew
    ++ Positive Crew ++

Lifting from August 2017
    SBD
    August: 40kg(88)/40kg(88)/60kg(132)
    Current: 90kg(198)/80kg(176)/140kg(309)

Registered User BecomingSmaller's Avatar
    BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BecomingSmaller is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    ^ What he said, you look fine. My face is the first thing to lean out, I get cheek bones!
    I never saw a wild thing
    sorry for itself.
    A small bird will drop frozen dead from a bough
    without ever having felt sorry for itself.

54 year old male 6'4
    Jan 2016: 315#, May 2017: 185# 15%
    Next goal: 185# 12%
    #250kchallenge2018

LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50) LeonardSix will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by cosm0 View Post
    if you want to have a puffier face eat more chit food as you said. But I think you are worrying about nothing.
    Yeah, I was always under the impression high sodium diets would give you the puffier look, although I guess that would happen to your stomach too thus defeating the purpose.

OP, I'm also guy who's also put a lot of thought and research into my own facial aesthetics. My nasolabel folds come out to plaayaay whenver I cut and they do it long before I ever get anywhere near your bf%, so I know your pain.

Some tips based on my extensive research and experience...

If you want to get deep on the research go to Real Self and check out the ratings and reviews for each individual procedure.

Dermatologists/Plastic Surgeons - Nip/Tuck is not real life. These people will not act as image consultants. And they will look at you like you're crazy and even start to get mad if you try to get them to do so. The only ones who will encourage you to get anything are snake oil salesmen the other normal ethical professionals will be legit good people who keep hinting that you're overthinking **** and should gtfo of their office.

Dermal fillers - These can help but they're not a real complete fix. I've had them under my eyes twice and wasn't really impressed with the results.

Botox - for crows feet and forehead lines this stuff is life, there is a reason it's been around so long and is incredibly popular.

Choosing where to go - The old adage you get what you pay for seems to apply here. When I got my dermal fillers done I also got botox at the same place, though it was expensive. After everything wore off I decided to re-up my botox and found a good deal on groupon for 1/3 of what I paid for the botox at the previous place. I ended up with a nice fat black eye for about two weeks because the injector at the new place didn't bother to check for veins on my right eye. The injector at the more expensive play, I remembered, actually had mentioned that she would have to be very careful because she could see all the veins in my right eye and they could end up being a problem. A two week black eye was definitely nothing to snease at but it didn't scar me for life. I would highly recommend not cutting corners with more invasive procedures.

If you want to improve your facial aesthetics one thing you should really check out is Make Up for Men, I haven't had the opportunity to get too heavily into it beyond a general bronzer and a basic cover up for my dark circles and acne but the results from a solid Male Make Up Routine are pretty amazing if you do some GIS'ing. So I'm planning on going through some of the more popular Make Up for Men youtube channels and learning some contouring and 5 O'Clock Shadow Covering. You can also learn how to soften the "hollowed out" look you might get around your eyes when you cut down a lot.

Lastly you can pretty much skip any extensive research you may have been planning on face creams and oils. I've already down it, several times over. Having a solid moisturizer is fine. But it turns out there's only one truly scientifically proven product that will actually make a serious difference in dermal repair and that is a prescription topical cream called Tretinoin. It's most often prescribed for extensive acne, but there are flexibile GP's out there who won't require you to be rocking a full pizza face before giving you a script. However it is expensive and even that stuff you have to use for quite a while before you see in results and the results themselves are far from magic.

P.S. One of the best things you can do to keep your facial aesthetics on point is get a good nights sleep.

Whew, that went a bit longer than expected.

jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000) jasondjulian is just really nice. (+1000)
    I looked at the picture... I don't see a problem here. I'd kill for your body fat % and muscle definition. I'd rather have your problem than my own.

You may have some degree of body disphoria. Nothing to be ashamed of, but there is a difference in not liking what you look like and thinking that there is something wrong with your appearance that needs surgery to fix.

oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Try vodka, lots of vodka. Don't know whether it will work for you, but I have seen many people who claim that their double chins are due to drinking vodka. It is an individual thing. Let us know if it works for you.

TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) TalkinDaHardest is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    It's mostly due to your narrow skull which is an unfortunate trait to have but look on the brightside, the average guy will greatly admire your Skelton face when comparing it to their bloated moonface. And right they should.