Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Just updating to say that everything is going normally but work is burying me. I have little time in the evenings now and I’m not using it to update this with broc**** and egg whites. It’s not a priority.
    Hoping to be done with this phase of the project tomorrow and get a weekend. Last weekend was 3 hours long

anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    In.

Hope you got some downtime this weekend...
    Practice makes perfect.

Goal: 63kg by Christmas 2018
    Current: 65kg Dec 2018
    Start: 71.4kg August 2017

Current fitness goal: get better at pull ups and pistol squats

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks, Ana! This weekend was finally relaxing. And this week is steady but very light work.

Every day was normal with either weights or cardio and diet. Sunday I did a high carb day. I had 6 days after maintenance where I was hungry and unsatisfied each and every day. But I wasn't going to increase calories my typical every 3-4 days after recently being at maintenance, so I let a full week pass. It was exactly what was needed. I feel refreshed.

Maintenance week seems like a bust. I increased my calories but somehow ended up hungrier. Even when I was at more volume than normal. More calories, more volume, but still more hunger. I'd love to know why that happened. Maybe it was my brain detecting extra food has been made available and wanted to push me to eat as much of it as possible while I had access to it? Like a survival thing.

I don't know. But I love that I'm getting wise to the tricks of my mind.

Last week I also was experiencing the whispers of "change your goals" "you don't need to get strong, you're strong enough" "you look good at the weight you're at, you don't need to get leaner". It was BS! I know this comes up once a month, rethinking all my life decisions during PMS. After decades of not realizing that these doubts crept in at the same time each month, I finally can see it for what it is and not change my direction because of it.

Back to diet. I decided to up my fats by 10g and decrease my carbs by 25g. So now I'm at 135p 100c 45f. I'm hoping the extra fat fills that constant feeling of not being satiated. The next step would be to increase protein and decrease carbs but I don't want to do that because carbs are primarily all vegetables and that's where I get most of my vitamins and minerals.

Here's yesterday. Monday, the first day at the new macro level.

Morning coffee
    >15g whey

Breakfast
    >14oz cabbage
    >can pink salmon (drained 100g)

Lunch
    >pound green beans
    >quarter pound turkey bacon
    >15g sliced almonds

Dinner
    >12oz riced cauliflower
    >half pound egg whites
    >half (80g avocado)

Snack
    >half pound plain Greek
    >15g stevia chocolate chips

It doesn't look different than usual because it's such a small tweak but I hope it helps.

And then back to strength. For my coach's 5x5 day yesterday, I did body weight deads for 5! And next week my 5x5 squat should break 100! I'm doing great. He has me benching (and squatting) all 3 days and I discovered I really like benching at 12 reps. The 5 rep ones I am completely disconnected from my working muscles, like I am for all the other lifts that day, but for bench I need to feel my form the whole way through to feel comfortable doing it.

Registered User Fiction2Fitness's Avatar
    Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    It's great when you can detect the different patterns and tricks of the body, both mental and physical. Interesting how the question life decisions is around the same time cycle wise.

I did benching every session for a program. It wasn't that bad though I still don't like 12 reps. Only problem was the wait for the bench press every single session. But maybe now that I've had a small break from that I should increase my benching again cause want to some day this year see progress on that lift. Good luck ti you with your lifts and feeling the form on bench in particular.
    Gym Max: 229/126/305
    Meet Max: 1st Meet 198/115/248
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281
    Goals: 235/135/315

Just Strong Ambassador
    http://juststrong.com/discount/ambwil10

I think it comes from self-doubt related to the horrible depression I get at this time too. And last night I spent 4-5 hours thinking I was hungry when I physically was not, and fighting my brain to not eat everything in the kitchen. I haven’t had to deal with PMS for a year and it was great. Now I am about to get a referral to a psych to get maybe Prozac to take at this time of the month. So many times when I have a behavior, the causes include low dopamine so I’d be willing to bet that I am low and in turn low in serotonin. I really need some help because spending 25% of my life feeling like the opposite of myself is torment.

Yesterday I did a cardio circuit for 50 minutes and then finished it with a short 10 minute one.

Main circuit
    >hang clean and press 25 reps
    >kneeling, twisting wall ball slams 26 total
    >alternating mini band fire hydrants 25 each side
    >band face pulls 25 reps
    >band RDL 25 reps

10 minute butt burnout
    >standing mini band kick backs 25 each side
    >skier swings 50 total

I’m trying to transition into focusing more on hip, spine and shoulder health on the days between real lifting. After my light day I don’t mind doing more like some light plyo and arm and leg endurance.

Yesterday

Breakfast
    >pound broc****
    >2 part-skim string cheese

PreWO coffee
    >15g whey

PWO
    >12oz riced cauliflower
    >canned salmon
    >half an avocado
    >lime juice

Dinner
    >pound edamame in shell
    >so much sriracha I drank 64oz of water throughout eating

Snack
    >half pound plain 0% Greek
    >15g stevia chocolate chips

I keep not updating at night and can’t get the running average. Maybe I’ll get around to it tonight if I’m not busy telling my brain to fk off.

The nanny came today because my husband was gone for 12 hours at an out of town meeting. She is amazing. She’s getting the little guy on a regular nap schedule that includes a 2-3 hour nap! Oh the things I could get done if I have that much uninterrupted time! Like today I got the last bit of that huge work project complete.

Also got in half an hour of biking.

Breakfast
    >pound plain 0% Greek
    >30g stevia chocolate chips

Lunch
    >pound broc****
    >quarter pound egg whites

Dinner
    >80g oat bran
    >8g cocoa powder
    >scoop whey
    >truvia
    >stevia chocolate chips

Weekly average is 1284 calories, 126p 151c 36f.

I woke up not food crazy thankfully. I did give in to what I wanted in a way that still filled me up and hit my macros. Dinner tore up my stomach though. I think it was too much erythitol. Which is strange because it’s not suppose to cause GI distress.

I also woke up to my lowest weigh in yet. 10 pounds down in 90 days. It’s strange because in my head I have barely lost anything, but the numbers say otherwise.

I think I’m going to try my coaches idea of a high calorie day tomorrow. I think it’s something like 125p 200c 50f. I really want eggs and potatoes. Maybe fish tacos if I make a store run for corn tortillas.ive been missing some of my old, really healthy and pretty filling meals. I might have this mom thing down enough to cook more than steaming vegetables in the microwave and grabbing a cheese stick from the fridge. Okonomiyaki, unstuffed cabbage rolls, chicken taquitos, chicken and cucumber dill salad, surimi salad, chicken olivye... so many oldie and goodies that I’ve been too pressed for time to shop for and prepare.
    Last edited by okayest; 04-25-2018 at 05:32 PM.

anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50) anashine will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    There was an article recently on BB on dieting and hormones. I know that my mood goes down if I'm cutting for too long, or during a challenging time, or if I'm not sleeping well. And your body is still going through readjustment post birth so your hormones are probably all over the place. For me, going on the pill helped stabilise, but I've had to go through trial and error to find one that didn't cause depression.

Babies thrive on solid routines with lots of sleep. Not telling you what to do, but if you get a quiet few hours in your days, consider just resting or sleeping or meditating, at least for some of that time

You may need stronger stuff - I don't know, but for me, meditation really helped keep depression at bay. It's sometimes easier said than done though, in busy lives.
    Practice makes perfect.

Goal: 63kg by Christmas 2018
    Current: 65kg Dec 2018
    Start: 71.4kg August 2017

Current fitness goal: get better at pull ups and pistol squats

Quick update to say that I won't really be updating. Maybe once every month or two. It's just not a priority and my time is limited and more precious now. I also am going to be on paid workouts that I'm not going to share and I still eat pretty much the same things daily.
    This is the best thing I've ever done for my diet, eating bland, repetitive, low fat, highly nutritious foods with little to no added fats (aka oils) or sugars. It is slowly killing my emotional drive to eat tasty **** and even the joy I used to feel from it. Even on my higher calorie days I mostly want more of the foods I normally eat. More seeds, more nuts, more yogurt, more whole grains, potatoes and fruit is feeling like a treat. I highly recommend it as both a short term and lifelong approach to getting and staying trim for anyone who cannot eat highly palatable foods in a limited way while also feeling satisfied and looking how they like.

I'm going to leave this thread with a link to a 208 page paper on Junk Food science for anyone interested in reading.

https://jamesclear.com/wp-content/up...rly.pdf?x32321

Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000) Fiction2Fitness is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Good luck!
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Thank you!

I’m back very soon. It was the end of my 7 weeks and time to meet with my coach again. Reassessing my average weight change compared to average calorie consumption it became obvious why I’ve been so damn hungry. My original maintenance became what my loss goal should have been.
    With the baby getting older and the nanny, I’ve been able to do more chores, errands and projects which has increased my NEAT. And I added more cardio. My workouts are also higher volume and have gotten much more intense.
    It’s not much of an increase. Only around 250 calories a day. But it makes me happy that there was a reason I was so hungry, even on my week at “maintenance”, and that I can now eat more, specifically fat. Carbs and protein aren’t changing, 15g of fat are being added to my deficit days. And my maintenance days are going to be 200 over, which is how much I like to eat when I eat the foods I choose in those days.

PMS has began again. I was more prepared using my coaching spreadsheet and the Ovia app. The spreadsheet let me see that my first symptoms really start around 10 days out and my ovia app shows where my next period will start. Combined I could see that my impatience 10 days out was probably a little out of proportion. It’s good to have caught it early and save myself and my husband the grief of me acting on my thoughts and feelings. It would have taken a few days before I noticed it was pms if I hadn’t been paying close attention.

The super crappy thing that happened was that I was disgruntled about my new program. The way I doubt my passions and goals when pmsing on top of getting a new program the day before turned into me thinking it was a boring program that was going to make me hate lifting. I sucked it up and lifted anyway.
    It is boring to be honest. It’s the exact same workouts as before but instead of increasing the load every week, I’m alternating between blocks of increasing reps with same load and increasing load with same reps. And I’m doing it until I can’t progress like that anymore. If I get particularly stuck on a lift I can swap it for something similar for a block. That’s it for variation. So it’s boring, but it works because I’ve been seeing great changes in my physique and lifts.

Doing this program indefinitely also has me down because I don’t have to check in for a very long time so I’m essentially on my own. No real accountability. So I might start posting here again. As much as I’d liked to only need my own support to keep 100, I really need one other source to see what I’m doing.

Yesterday’s food was delicious

Breakfast
    -1/2 pound plain nonfat Greek Yogurt
    -part of leftover terrible, dry protein brownie recipe

Lunch
    -1 eggplant, sliced, seasoned and baked, topped with
    -1/3 pound 96% lean beef, seasoned with Chili spices
    -1/2 haas avocado

Dinner
    -1/3 spaghetti squash
    -quarter pound marinara sauce
    -2 part-skim string cheese

Snack
    -40g sunflower butter
    -30g vanilla syntha
    -10g stevia chocolate chips

116p
    111c
    61f

The snack is pretty much cookie dough in my book. It could have used a splash of milk but maybe next time.

The eggplant was delicious! I have been making changes to my diet. I don’t feel like my time is so pressed anymore and can manage to use the stove and oven instead of mostly the microwave. I added back chicken and yesterday was the first time with beef. Also changing up my vegetables because I was getting a bit board and by baking from fresh I have more options. Still don’t want to prep too much though.
    Having the increase in fat is fantastic too. Still sticking to whole food sources of fat. No oils. I’m trying to remember to include olives and eggs because I forget about them and mainly stick to seeds, nuts and avocado. Coconut can stay away, gross in all form.

mm It does sounds good. I'm a fan of sunflower butter though don't have any right now. I'm also not a fan of coconut, though can handle using the oil on occasion but shredded coconut is a major no. Family still joke about how much I don't like coconut cream pie, which I stated as a kid and my opinion has never changed.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Shredded coconut is the worst! You must have been very emphatic about that pie for them to still be teasing you about it.

I did my medium rep day today. It was easy because load dropped back a bit to start this next phase of the program.

From the right angle, with the right lighting and a little pump I can vaguely make out the hollowing out on the front and sides of my arm below the delts. I also can feel my pecs again. It's been years since that has happened because I took it easy on chest exercises after my augmentation. Benching 3x a week will do that I suppose.

Food today was amazing, but not filling enough. And dinner took way to long. I'll call dominos on a high calorie days instead of going through that effort again.

Breakfast
    -1/3 pound 96% beef patty
    -bbq sauce and pickles
    -homemade bran, flax and psyllium bun
    -12oz frozen asparagus

Lunch/PWO
    -1/2 pound plain nonfat Greek
    -15g syntha 6
    -20g sliced almonds
    -15g stevia chocolate chips

Dinner
    -1 eggplant, sliced and seasoned
    -25g bbq sauce
    -1/2 6oz can tomato paste
    -1/2 small onion
    -90g frozen green pepper
    -1/2 small can sliced black olives
    -1/4 pound cooked chicken
    -2 part skim string cheese sticks
    -pizza herbs

146p
    132c
    48f

Again, dinner was really good, but too much effort. I was on baby duty and lucky for me he was content watching me prepare everything and then he passed out. I can't be that hands on in the kitchen again. Breakfast however was very quick and amazing. Burgers are my #1 "junk food". Being back on beef and having a recipe to whip up a bun in a couple of minutes is a game changer.

Now that my calories are up by 100-200 a day, I'm not getting the pure crap cravings as often. I still am going to take a high day after 3 days of low days though. I did one 3 days ago and it was less of a big deal because I wasn't as hungry. I even ate normally and then tacked on a little of what I wanted. Might do the same tomorrow.
    Last edited by okayest; 05-19-2018 at 05:04 PM.

Yesterday I did a mix of balance, plyo, core and shoulder girdle exercises. Abs so sore from the ab wheel. Prepregnancy I was doing standing rollouts, but not at full extension. Now I’m doing kneeling rollouts but not to full extension.

Today I did my light day. Messed up my lift where I put the total I’m going for on the bar instead of the total = plates and the bar. I always think I have an off day when the lift feels so hard and then I spot the mistake.

My new discovery is Greek yogurt + truvia + banana extract + walnuts + banana + stevia chocolate chips. I keep calling my son “chunky monkey” so I googled what actually was in the Ben and Jerry’s flavor. I have never had it but it sounded good so I made my own not 1000 calorie version. It was a winner.

I've never had the chunky monkey flavor either but rarely ever have had any of the Ben and Jerry flavors. Sounds like you found a great alternative though.

I've never tried ab rollouts or used an ab wheel. In fact, I rarely do any ab focused work. Probably should...
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

They say you don't need to do ab exercises if you do heavy lifting, but when you do you realize how much untapped potential is waiting there.

I did another "ice cream" today. Chocolate chip cookie dough this time. I froze the "cookie dough" and the greek yogurt while my asparagus cooked, stirring the yogurt every 10 mins or so so it would freeze through well and not get icy. When I was ready to eat it I broke the dough up and stirred it in.

Mix well
    40g almond butter
    20g vanilla syntha 6
    Fold in
    15g stevia chocolate chips

Stir truvia in the yogurt to taste.

I also did a greekish salad with a base of 500g of tomatoes. I didn't realize they were so high in vitamin E. I'll try to make a point of eating them more. I haven't been eating them much since I got off my cucumber tomato kick last year.
    Also on the salad was artichoke hearts in water, kalamata olives, fat free feta, grilled chicken tenderloins, fat free feta and oregano. Could've went heavier on the olives and feta for flavor.

Oh and I also finally got around to trying Walden Farm's pancake syrup about a decade after knowing about it's existence. It was pretty damn good, scent, flavor and consistency wise. Had it on oat bran, egg white pancakes.

Yesterday I started stretching with a purpose again. I usually stretch to maintain but I want to be able to do some specific yoga poses, one legged king pigeon and cow face (I can do one side but not the other). So I'm working on shoulder and upper back mobility.
    I can do the front splits easily too, but neglect working on middle splits almost completely. Going to change that.

Didn't do cardio today. Some days I choose to take that time as me time out of the house instead. Today I popped over to a local artist gallery and bought art. Retail therapy big time. We let the nanny go so I'm back to feeling isolated, overwhelmed and slowly going crazy. I did set up my miniature house in a workable location yesterday and started to work on the electrical wiring a bit this evening. So at least I have a hands on hobby in the house that I really get into again for the evenings.

I did my heavy day with an extra rep for every set. Still felt easy/good.

I made stroganoff for breakfast and it was delicious!

1 pound mushrooms sautéed with just a bit of cooking spray
    Seasoned liberally with garlic powder, onion flakes, salt, pepper, smoked Spanish paprika and hot Hungarian paprika
    Added 1/3 pound 96% lean beef to brown when the mushrooms were almost soft
    And then stirred in 61g (1/8th pound) nonfat Greek

It would have been nice over sautéed zucchini or summer squash but I didn’t have any.

Editing to add dinner. Stir fried cabbage with Mexican spices and chicken. Doused in cholula. I should have added some corn or chopped tomato but was already eating when it occurred to me and I wasn’t about to stop eating.
    Last edited by okayest; 05-23-2018 at 07:23 PM.

I did cardio today, a 1000 workout (100 reps of 10 exercises. I stuck mostly to sets of 25. Plyo, core, shoulder girdles and hips.

I made eggplant slices with garlic powder and chili powder again, but topped them with leftover shredded chicken mixed with salsa verde and avocado. It was not as good as the beef but still really good. My eggplant today was ridiculously large. 760 grams after removing the ends! But it was a very satisfying amount.

Yesterday I did my medium workout with an extra rep for everything. Went super smoothly. I probably am not going to get my light day in until Tuesday because I’m currently on the road for a trip this weekend. I have workout clothes and can get in a workout but I don’t want it to sub for my actual workout.

And while preparing to leave for the weekend I cleared the fridge out of perishables. I ate over 6 pounds of food!!!

1 pound of meat
    2 pounds of yogurt
    Over 2 pounds of vegetables
    1 pound of fruit
    A quarter pound of nuts and seeds
    A tiny bit of grains and protein powder

250g of protein and 80g of fiber! Even with all that suppose appetite suppressants I wasn’t even full until the very end of the day. How?!

Well it's Thursday and I finally got my light day in for the "week". Better late than never.

Time has been a huge stress for the past several days. Probably more so because more stressful things to deal with have been coming up leaving me with less time and a worse attitude about making it work. Hopefully I'm out of that little rut for now.

I've been eating nothing interesting. I've gone back to microwaving frozen vegetables and no cook proteins for most of my foods because of the lack of time. I have less food focus eating that way anyway because it's less tasty so that works in my favor. Throughout the day dieting feels easy because I don't care about eating, nights are still sad and hungry but that'd happen no matter what I eat.

Did an old Alexia Clark workout for cardio and it kicked my ass. That plus the temperature is in the mid 90s when I workout. Sigh.

I finally started my period a week late. PMS started on time but the actual period took forever. I guess it's hormones still finding a balance. I was hoping to experience my usual period whoosh but it has not happened. Fiddlesticks.

I should get more of the microwave veggies as it's nice after getting home from work to have something that easy. But our freezer space is limited and there are three of us using it. Yay for period finally arriving. I wish mine came with a whoosh. Past few months bw increases a lb or two but I guess it could be worse.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

The vegetables do take up a lot of real estate, but they can be jammed into crevices between the other foods.

I did have a whoosh this morning. It’s deserved because over a week ( or over 2 weeks this month) weight loss almost stops completely due to water and a slow gi tract during pms. Not fun putting in the effort to see a plateau.

I did my heavy day which use to be 5x5 but is now 5x7. It felt hard especially for pull-ups. I’m guessing I’ll make it to 9 or 10 reps before having to deload and switch to adding weight instead of reps. I look forward to that phase because I am not built for any kind of endurance. I dread what my light days are going to feel like at the end of the mesocycle when they’re over 15.

And my bs are still sore from yesterday. It feels so good, I love sore abs for some reason. Looking forward to another Alexia Clark workout tomorrow for cardio.

Yay for whoosh! Mine decided to surprise me by not having another dip lower and instead, time of month arrived early. oh goodie

When we got our fridge, the recommendation was to not pack it as supposed to have a little air flow so they said it shouldn't be jammed in with stuff. I think if roommate takes it when she moves (she bought it technically) then we'll just settle for the mini fridge sister already has and a separate freezer. Want one of those some day to have increased freezer space.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador

Hmm, I should go look at my fridge’s owner manual because I cram my freezer Tetris style.

Did Alexia Clark for cardio. I picked the workout because it had a few interesting exercise combos, like a plank jump to bear crawl jump back to plank then a burpee with a medball jump. I knew it was going to be an exhausting workout. But I didn’t realize it was mostly squats and raises, I wanted something core heavy but the core work wasn’t that challenging.

I calculated my average daily food budget and it’s stupid, $13. Surprisingly it’s not proteins or nuts that are killing me, it’s frozen asparagus and presliced cabbage that are both around $2.50 for 12 and 14 oz, respectively. I can replace both of them with a pound of frozen spinach and save nearly $4 without losing any nutrition, even getting a little more!

I sound cheap and neurotic but that works out to $1,400 a year saved. Vegetables or a vacation? It’s crazy how the little things add up.

No workout today. I desperately needed to use workout time for sanity time. Tomorrow I won’t workout either because I have the baby the entire day by myself, plus work, while my husband has an out of town meeting. It’s going to be a long, stressful day.

Did some bike cardio yesterday and did my medium day today, it’s up 2 reps this week. I’ve been busy, 2 meetings, 2 appointments and a full day with the baby has made it difficult to get time for much else this week. So happy tomorrow is Friday!

I made all bran original marshmallow squares tonight because I’ve been meaning too for a long time. I had a full bag of mini marshmallows for some reason that I can’t remember. The squares turned out good, chewier than rice crispie treats, and would have been excellent with some chopped almonds and stevia chocolate chips.

Updating everything.

Weights are still going good. I’m in the 3rd week of adding reps and almost everything is still feeling smooth. I worked out one morning on the weekend when it was 10 degrees cooler than at my normal workout time. It was an outstandingly easy workout, so the summer heat has been affecting the amount of effort and fatigue I feel.

Because of the heat now I’m switching cardio to inside on the bike. I can get the same level of burn, quicker on the bike so it’s a good option now. Easier to work in during the baby’s nap, instead of having my husband watching him during his lunch break.

The baby has been trying out solids, so I’m preparing him the foods I eat. Green beans were the first, well intentioned food I steamed, puréed and strained. Was not a winner. So then I went for the sweet stuff and did banana and watered down sweet potato. The potato is a big hit.

My diet has changed slightly. I cut out nut and seed butters in favor of whole nuts and seeds. Mainly because if I’m feeling snackish I don’t see whole, unroasted, unsalted nuts and have my appetite triggered. So it’s just easier to deal with the hunger when nothing around the house is tempting.
    I also added fruits because it’s summer fruit season! I also am eating potatoes more than oats. Microwaved, of course, because I’m still not wasting time on cooking. It being summer and hot has also led to more (undressed) salads and less steamed vegetables.
    And I definitely lowered protein but I’m no longer tracking calories. Scale weight is still going down but at half of the rate as before. I’m okay with that because hunger has gone down and I had been too hungry for too long. It was time to ease up for a bit.

Sounds like things are going well. Oy that summer heat and it's only June. I still cook but it's blah at times cause of how hot it's already in SoCal.
    2nd Meet 220.5/121/281

Just Strong Ambassador