Codybrent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Anyone around 5'9-10 172 lbs 10% bf? Tdee questions.

I blew up to 207 lbs last year and I've gotten back down to about 182 lbs. I would guess that I'm about 15% bf right now. I would like to get down to about 172 and be about 10%. When I started I dropped my calories by 750 so that I could lose 1.5 lbs a week. It worked at first but then my metabolism got fried and the weight stalled. I then actually had to add some calories back in to resume the weight loss process. I added 100 back every few weeks and planned on doing so as long as I was losing a decent amount each week. Well I ended up getting a new job where im pretty much sedentary most of the time. So the weight loss stopped and I actually gained a small amount. I immediately knew I had to lower again because I know that its a lot harder to lose than to gain. So I ended up gaining at 2650 working out 4x a week with just lifting an no cardio. I don't know what my tdee would be at 5'9 172 but the more reliable calculators online say about 2464. I figured that I would reduce my calories about 15% from 2650 to 2252 and then maybe when I get to 172 I can switch to the 2464 and see if I can maintain on that?? Does anyone know of a better way or am I just going to have to do this trial and error thing?

Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500) Imp81318 is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    I don't fit the stats you're looking for, but I can offer my thoughts anyway. The calculators provide nothing more than an estimate of your TDEE, just like someone else's TDEE is not going to be exactly the same as yours even if stats are identical due to differences in activity level. The most accurate way to determine your TDEE is to base it off your weight change at a given consistent caloric intake over a period of 3-4 weeks.
    My fat loss log: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173571151

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Since dropping calories the first time to 750 sort of shocked your metabolism and had you stall, still with 500 below and see how that does the next few weeks.

Maybe take an hr brisk walk daily to help balance out that sedentary position.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    This makes no sense. You do not fry your metabolism to a point where you do not lose fat in a deficit. This type of thinking needs to die. Even when starving the metabolism may only drop 10-15% below baseline.

If at some point you stop losing weight again it is because you need to eat fewer calories not more.

Start at 2300 calories and see what happens over the next 2-4 weeks. Adjust as needed. When you reach your goal reverse diet back to maintenance.

Codybrent has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    you're really going to sit there and tell me what did/didn't happen to me personally? It is a fact that if you dramatically reduce calories your metabolism will drop tremendously. That IS exactly what happened and I did lose weight when I added calories back in.

zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) zGwild is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Codybrent View Post
    you're really going to sit there and tell me what did/didn't happen to me personally? It is a fact that if you dramatically reduce calories your metabolism will drop tremendously. That IS exactly what happened and I did lose weight when I added calories back in.
    I`m not going to argue science with you. If you are in a calorie deficit you will lose fat. It is as simple as that. If you can not grasp this concept then you are going to have trouble with your weight loss goals.

Good Luck

KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250) KlLLEmAll has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Must be the job change. I don't see any other variable mentioned that could be drastic enough to go from losing to gaining on same calories.

Maybe you could increase lifting volume / frequency, which should increase tdee?
    The future will come by itself, progress will not

Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Serpentarius has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    metabolic damage is a product sold by trainers, it doesnt actually exist. people miscount, forget, and lie to themselves about their calorie numbers all the time. you just need to eat less and move more, fitness and stuff is really simple, dont worry about the science because its irrelevant, like testosterone and growth hormone is absolutely irrelevant in bodybuilding.
    There is always someone less fortunate, with real hunger, with real adversity, who made something of themselves. What is your excuse?

bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Codybrent View Post
    So much to learn you have... Try reading the stickies you must.

loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000) loggerboots is just really nice. (+1000)
    I lose consistently at 2000 kCal/day. and find it's a nice balance of deficit, satiety, and being able to comfortably hit macro-nutrient goals (as long as you eat a pretty clean diet). I lost a bunch of weight on consistent 2000 cal/day. I'm pretty close to the size you're seeking advice from (though 5'9" is a stretch, ha - maybe 5'8" on a good day) and also work a sedentary job.

PS - weight stalls are pretty normal when dropping weight long term. You still may be losing fat but weight is staying the same due to water retention, that kind of thing. Then you'll lose a whole bunch all at once. I'd say if you stall, give it 2-3 weeks before concluding that a change is required.

oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50) oldestman will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by loggerboots View Post
    I lose consistently at 2000 kCal/day. and find it's a nice balance of deficit, satiety, and being able to comfortably hit macro-nutrient goals (as long as you eat a pretty clean diet). I lost a bunch of weight on consistent 2000 cal/day. I'm pretty close to the size you're seeking advice from (though 5'9" is a stretch, ha - maybe 5'8" on a good day) and also work a sedentary job.

PS - weight stalls are pretty normal when dropping weight long term. You still may be losing fat but weight is staying the same due to water retention, that kind of thing. Then you'll lose a whole bunch all at once. I'd say if you stall, give it 2-3 weeks before concluding that a change is required.
    Hi, I am curious what is your rate of weight loss at 2000 Kcal/day?