joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Is my conventional deadlift form snap city?

Can't post links so youtu . be/5puOuqZYCQU

I don't feel any soreness or pain from deadlifts, but when I watch the playback footage, I see a rounded midback. Even if it feels fine now, is this a recipe for snap city?

I tried switching to sumo for a little bit to practice getting my hips lower, but its weaker than my conventional (about 20 lbs weaker) and my hips feel a lot of pain when trying to break the floor.
    Currently on lvysaur 448.

Weight: 160
    Height: 5'9

Bench: 165 x 4
    Deadlift: 275 x 4
    Squat: 235 x 4
    Overhead Press: 115x4

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    reply to this post for video code

Your form is pretty terrible bud. Your legs are almost completely straight before the weights break the floor. When you pull your immediately shoot your butt straight in the air, which pushes your body and shoulders way in front of the bar translating into a almost pure back pull, which in turn translates to a back injury. Lower the weight and get your form correct before you hurt yourself.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10) joiemoie is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    reply to this post for video code

Your form is pretty terrible bud. Your legs are almost completely straight before the weights break the floor. When you pull your immediately shoot your butt straight in the air, which pushes your body and shoulders way in front of the bar translating into a almost pure back pull, which in turn translates to a back injury. Lower the weight and get your form correct before you hurt yourself.
    Thanks, I'll lower by a lot until I get the form down. Could you confirm my suspicions? My guess is that the starting position for hip height is ok, but due to a weakness other muscles, I lose my form? So if I reset to a lower weight with the same starting position, it will correct itself by strengthening the other appropriate muscles.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by joiemoie View Post
    Thanks, I'll lower by a lot until I get the form down. Could you confirm my suspicions? My guess is that the starting position for hip height is ok, but due to a weakness other muscles, I lose my form? So if I reset to a lower weight with the same starting position, it will correct itself by strengthening the other appropriate muscles.
    For a split second when you first begin to pull your position is good, but then you immediately shoot out of positioning. I'd lower the weight, focus on keeping the original starting position and just pull partials (Up to your knee) or do pauses at the knee, but main focus should be holding proper form throughout the movement.

aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500) aspirex is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    lower the weight, i broke my lower back deadlifting, and it never healed, you dont want this to happen, do it with good form.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    yeah your form is pretty bad

- rounding your back
    - hips shooting up
    - non-neutral neck position
    - legs lockout early in lift
    - shoulders too far in front of the bar (imo)

you're lifting too much with your lower back, may need to drop your hips down a bit, get a decent back angle, vertical shins, bar over midfoot, tighten your lats, hinge at hips. Deadlift with your heels, when you're grabbing the bar it should feel as if you would topple over if you didn't have the bar as a counterweight.

Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Garage Rat has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Ill add my two cents.
    Almost no leg drive.
    The first 1/4 to 1/3 of the movement uses leg drive to get the bar moving.
    From there it's a hip extension/drive.
    You are almost parallel with your upper body at the start, not good for the low back.
    You start out ok and then when you pull the upper body goes forward,you lose your position that should be maintained at the start.
    At the top don't lean back(hyper extending but stand tall with the body in a straight line.
    Lots of work to do for you,maybe seek out a qualified catch that can personally eye ball you and adjust your technique.
    Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback everyone! Ill drop the weight to just 135 and practice with a pause, then post another form update. I'll also ask some of the powerlifters in the gym to spot my form.

middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your hips start too high. lower them. And chest up, with more neutral neck position.

Do you have long legs? That makes DLs harder. you could also try rack pulls, or putting the plates on some kind of platform. Presuming you’re not trying to be a competitive powerlifter, there’s no rule that says you have to pull off the floor. If you have long legs it may not be a good idea.

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Nothing more to add to the excellent advice already provided - I'll just post my go-to video to teach newbies how to set up correctly.

"Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

youtu .be /udPYXQ8FsM0

Went back to do some form practice. How is this? I feel like I can start my hips very low on 135, but thats because its very light. If I go higher, I need to start at a higher hip position. Suggestions?

First rep in vid is much better, however your form progressively gets worse with each rep. Watch the recording of your first rep and try to keep that form on every single rep.

Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Luca2 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Also, I get the impression you are a bit too quick to bend at the knees during the descent. Break at the hips first, and try to bend at the knees only after the bar passes them. The eccentric phase should mirror the concentric.
    "Listen, I want you to come down here and go dancing with me and we'll have fun together. You know you like The Spaniard, you know you like The Sith Lord, you know that. Hello? You're blushing, I know you're into The Sith Lord, I know it! Hello? Hello? Helloooo? Aww I lost connection."

middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10) middleagedSF is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    your lats look like they aren’t locked down at all. you should have a strong posterior set before you start pulling.