Closed Thread
    Registered User InTheGameToStay's Avatar
    InTheGameToStay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Left bicep INJURY??? HELP PLEASE (+CLIFFS)

Hello misc. First of all, I am sorry and apologize if I posted this in the wrong category. Secondly, I apologize for the long read, so I included cliffs.
    I am George, you can call me Geo for short, and I am 16 years old. It's my second time posting here(first was when I introduced myself), since I don't post nor do I have the time, but I do read your threads and lurk around.

So, I am really scared ****less of injuries and need opinions. Yesterday, I was doing arms work(bis and tris), and of course I have one heavy exercises for each arm[Biceps: Heavy Reverse Grip pulldowns - like chins -, inclind dumbell curls with full extension and supination, concentration curls (again full extension and supination), and reverse grip EZ-bar curls. Triceps: Heavy CGBP, seated two arm dumbell french presses, v bar pushdowns and bench dips. All 3sets x 8 reps, except for concentration curls and reverse grip curls for biceps and v bar pushdowns and bench dips for triceps which were 3x10.] So, overall, it was a pretty intense workout, and it felt great. However, when I went home and changed, I noticed thay my left bicep was weirdly shaped (deformed) towards the shoulder - and had a bigger gap between the actual muscle and the elbow which made me immediately panic as phuck. The bicep, also didn't have the normal "curve", like the right, and itself before that, and from the peak it 'connected' to the rest of the muscle which looked a bit deflated. At that point, I almost fainted (srs - yes I am a big big pushy when it comes to injuries as I mentioned already). Anyway, yada-yada-yada, I went to sleep, and luckily today my left bicep had the "normal" peak I have in both arms, but I was still worried. Went to school normally, and this was the only thing I was thinking about and couldn't concetrate at all. I now returned home from school, and although my bicep feels exactly the same like the right one and judt like it wad before, I am in no phucking way sure what to do, think, etc. I am terrified, and don't even know if the tendons are ok now. I feel like chit, and can't do anything about it since my mother is staying with my father at the hospital (long story - short, he had a stroke sadly, almost 10 years ago, and we have him at a very good clinic, in a city which is around 1 hour from where we live and we visit very often, such as 3 times a week. And about the hospital part, he had fever and you know the rest... Anyway...). I don't know what to do guys. Please help me. I am sorry for the fact that maybe some stuff were unnecessary for me to say such as this with my father, or don't make sense, but my mind is not in a good state right now and I am terrified that I might have cause permanent damage, which will prevent me from going to the gym, doing other activities, but most importantly taking away from me the peace of mind that I am 100% ok. Thanks for your time and sorry for the long read.

Cliffs:
    >yesterday had intense arms workout
    >felt great
    >went home, changed and noticed my bicep was deformed
    >panicked as phuck, still scared ****less
    >slept well
    >woke up, bicep felt normal
    >went to school, terrified, couldn't concentrate much
    >returned home from school, I am not sure if the tendons are ok, because I am so terrified that I don't have the courage to sit down and actually try to feel the tendons, however
    >left bicep feels and seems same as before this chit happened, and is just like the right bicep
    >very worried
    >can't do anything till tomorrow but
    >need opinions

Guys, you can call me a pushy if you want, a **** or whatever, or tell me to man up, but please don't troll me. I am 100% serious and very very scared and worried. I need serious opinions, thoughts, etc.

Registered User InTheGameToStay's Avatar
    InTheGameToStay is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Unhappy Sudden loss of grip during certain exercises??? Weird forearm feeling...

So as the title says, I experience a weird, sudden loss of grip ONLY in my left arm in some exercises, particularly in pulling movements, such as rows and lat pulldowns.
    Example: In lat pulldowns, when I grab the bar and sit down to start the exercise I feel a weird "discomfort" (just for a moment) / "pop" (not the sound) in my left forearm, and it seems like my palmaris longus muscle or a flexor muscle tendon (the one attaching to the ring finger I believe???) "pops" / sticks out for that moment and I lose some grip strength while that happens, usually like 1-3 seconds or something, at most, (after that it gors back to normal but still feels kind of weird during rest of the set of the exercise) and it feels really weird, to the point I cannot provide a good description of it. It's like I feel my wrist is gonna give in and drop the weight in those moments. Also, I never have had / experienced something similar during the 2 years I have been training.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it an injury? Injured tendon, muscle, nerves? Please give me some insight.

pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) pehzan is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Probably aids
    *~*Montreal Misc Crew*~*
    ☆ ☆ QUEBEC CREW ☆ ☆
    ** KNEE DRAGGERS UNITE **

AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) AVIK777 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by pehzan View Post
    Probably aids
    Came to post this

CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) CanuckGame has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Got dat deer steven hawking disease OP.

Sorry. That's how it started for him. Was having difficulty gripping pens and chit.

goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) goingcia has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Fleshlight = no loss of grip at the worst time.

Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000) Anbessa is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by InTheGameToStay View Post
    So as the title says, I experience a weird, sudden loss of grip ONLY in my left arm in some exercises, particularly in pulling movements, such as rows and lat pulldowns.
    Example: In lat pulldowns, when I grab the bar and sit down to start the exercise I feel a weird "discomfort" (just for a moment) / "pop" (not the sound) in my left forearm, and it seems like my palmaris longus muscle or a flexor muscle tendon (the one attaching to the ring finger I believe???) "pops" / sticks out for that moment and I lose some grip strength while that happens, usually like 1-3 seconds or something, at most, (after that it gors back to normal but still feels kind of weird during rest of the set of the exercise) and it feels really weird, to the point I cannot provide a good description of it. It's like I feel my wrist is gonna give in and drop the weight in those moments. Also, I never have had / experienced something similar during the 2 years I have been training.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated. Is it an injury? Injured tendon, muscle, nerves? Please give me some insight.
    Go to a doctor and get it checked ASAP, if you ripped something and need surgery you want to get that done within the week, otherwise it'll heal by itself and be ****ed up forever.
    ENTJ-A
    Former INTJ-A

King
    Warrior
    Magician
    Lover

Conqueror of Kingdoms
    Father of Nations
    Destroyer of Demons
    Servant only to God

HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000) HarryFlashman is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Sounds like you tore your wankter muscle. This happens from wanking too much. It is a devastating injury.
    "Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life." - Cecil Rhodes