hughes202020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Advice? Stagnant weight loss.

Hello all,

For a little background, I work out 5-6 days a week, about 90 mins per session, 20 minutes of that containing some LIIS cardio (approx 400 cals burned). Besides that exercise, my activity levels are of those at a desk job. I'm 6'0, 216 pounds and from what my local nutrition stores Rice Lake Body Composition Analyzer tells me, I'm sitting at 14% body fat. As far as macros I make sure I'm getting 1g per pound of body weight, a moderate amount of fats and filling in with carbs. The employees at my local nutrition store estimated that I should be eating around 3000 on a cut (which I thought was rather high). I saw no results with this, so I lowered my calorie intake to 2800. Again saw no results and down to 2650 where I haven't seen anything. I have built up a decent amount of lean mass over the years, but just a small layer of fat covers it in the more important areas of my midsection and upper body.

Considering that my only activity is the morning workout, should my TDEE be lower than what it is? I don't see how else I wouldn't be dropping weight besides something being off in the calorie dept seeing as its calories in v out.

Thanks for your help

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Cut your calories until you're losing 1-2lbs per week. I don't know how long you were at 3000, 2800 and 2650, so I can't say what you're estimated TDEE is, but it's simple: if you're not losing weight, you're eating too much.

th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) th3pwn3r is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Cut your calories until you're losing 1-2lbs per week. I don't know how long you were at 3000, 2800 and 2650, so I can't say what you're estimated TDEE is, but it's simple: if you're not losing weight, you're eating too much.
    YUP. I don't care what anyone says. If you're not seeing changes to body composition then people are simply eating too much. You can blame hormones, the scale, water weight and magic BUT if what you're doing isn't working to lose mass then you need to do more or eat less. It's really quite simple.
    "Everyone thinks they're on their way to single digit body fat as soon as they see a blurry four-pack in the right lighting.Your final body weight at 5-6% will be a lot less than what you think.Talk to me again when you get in contest shape." I'd be willing to say that 95% of people on this forum accomplish nothing in years, don't be one of those people. It's sad,they seem to have the knowledge many don't but can't utilize it.

hughes202020 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Thanks fellas, I'm gonna keep making small decreases and see where it leads me.

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Take in 10 calories for every lb you want to end up weighing. 180? 1,800 cals. When you just tip toe around these things with minor decreases you waste a ton of time and get frustrated. Just get in there and make things happen. If you lose too fast you can always raise calories but people rarely do. Also understand that your calorie counting\tracking WILL be off so it's good to shoot for a smaller number in that respect also.
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) philgriffiths is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    There is no way on God's green earth that any form of LISS cardio burns 400 cals in 20 mins. You would only burn about 100 cals running 1 mile, so unless you are running 4 miles in that 20 mins, it's not happening.
    Therefore it is safe to assume that if you are factoring this into your "calories out" number, you are overestimating in other areas too.
    "Through Calorie-counting all things are possible" : Phil 19:26

BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) BlvckDiamond has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Its not about how long you workout, it's about how intense your workouts are.
    control your caloric intake - make sure your diet consists mostly of nutrient rich whole foods
    go to the gym consistently - train intensely (progressive overload)
    be patient with the progress.

good luck on your fitness journey!

Originally Posted by hughes202020 View Post
    Hello all,

For a little background, I work out 5-6 days a week, about 90 mins per session, 20 minutes of that containing some LIIS cardio (approx 400 cals burned). Besides that exercise, my activity levels are of those at a desk job. I'm 6'0, 216 pounds and from what my local nutrition stores Rice Lake Body Composition Analyzer tells me, I'm sitting at 14% body fat. As far as macros I make sure I'm getting 1g per pound of body weight, a moderate amount of fats and filling in with carbs. The employees at my local nutrition store estimated that I should be eating around 3000 on a cut (which I thought was rather high). I saw no results with this, so I lowered my calorie intake to 2800. Again saw no results and down to 2650 where I haven't seen anything. I have built up a decent amount of lean mass over the years, but just a small layer of fat covers it in the more important areas of my midsection and upper body.

Considering that my only activity is the morning workout, should my TDEE be lower than what it is? I don't see how else I wouldn't be dropping weight besides something being off in the calorie dept seeing as its calories in v out.

Thanks for your help