RPierce55 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Skinny and looking to gain muscle

Hey, i'm new to the group. I am currently 155 and 5'8 and 23 years old. I would like to put on muscle weight, preferably hit close to 175 if all possible. I have taken mass tech whey and amp creatine in the past. I'm looking to change it up. I was looking into the bsn syntha 6. I eat rather healthy like steak, fish, chicken but can't seem to put any weight on. I want to get back into lifting and bulk up. I tried searching a couple topics but couldn't find what i was looking for. I am in pretty good overall shape but would like to gain some muscle. Can anyone recommend some supplements to take while lifting and some lifting programs? I would like to hit 175 or close to it in two years or so if all possible.

Location: Manchester, Greater Manchester, United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000) faipdeooiad has a brilliant future. Third best rank! (+40000)
    food.

If you're not gaining weight, eat more food.
    Strong & Unstable

shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) shoefanatic23 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Gaining muscle and weight will come from a few things. You want to eat in a caloric surplus. You mentioned you have tried but can't gain weight. That probably meant you were eating enough food. Up the calories in your diet. Look into more calorie dense foods such as steaks, pasta, rice, avacados, eggs, peanut/almond butter etc. Syntha 6 is fine, I would probably get something like that and make my owner weight gainer. 1-2 scoops of protein plus items like fruits, veggies, peanut butter, honey, yogurt, ice cream, etc. This lets you have control over the calories, textures, and flavors. As far as training goes, look into something like Riptoes Starting Strength program.
    Workout Journal: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=167450201

-I need a new avi

Originally Posted by shoefanatic23 View Post
    Gaining muscle and weight will come from a few things. You want to eat in a caloric surplus. You mentioned you have tried but can't gain weight. That probably meant you were eating enough food. Up the calories in your diet. Look into more calorie dense foods such as steaks, pasta, rice, avacados, eggs, peanut/almond butter etc. Syntha 6 is fine, I would probably get something like that and make my owner weight gainer. 1-2 scoops of protein plus items like fruits, veggies, peanut butter, honey, yogurt, ice cream, etc. This lets you have control over the calories, textures, and flavors. As far as training goes, look into something like Riptoes Starting Strength program.
    As far as eating i eat about 99% of what you listed. I've struggled for years trying to gain weight. I started taking mass tech and creatine and lifitng. I got somewhat toned but that was it i ws close to 165lbs. Once i stopped the creatine i dropped back to 155. I want to hit the gym hard and make gains but need to bulk up first.

Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Heizz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by RPierce55 View Post
    As far as eating i eat about 99% of what you listed. I've struggled for years trying to gain weight. I started taking mass tech and creatine and lifitng. I got somewhat toned but that was it i ws close to 165lbs. Once i stopped the creatine i dropped back to 155. I want to hit the gym hard and make gains but need to bulk up first.
    Do you know roughly how many calories you are consuming daily? You need to be eating in a caloric surplus diet to gain weight/mass.

If you are not gaining weight, it is simply because you are not eating enough.
    Myprotein's Official Bodybuilding.com Lead Representative ✔
    ► Europe's #1 Online Sports Nutrition Brand ◄
    US Site: us.myprotein.com
    Rest of the world: myprotein.com
    Fuel Your Ambition!

Originally Posted by Heizz View Post
    Do you know roughly how many calories you are consuming daily? You need to be eating in a caloric surplus diet to gain weight/mass.

If you are not gaining weight, it is simply because you are not eating enough.
    no i don't know how many i consume, i will agree and say its not enough. Thats why i was looking into the syntha 6 or i have seen alot of great stuff about the cytosport gainer.

🇱🇧 Lebanese Jesus 🇱🇧 dougefresh93's Avatar
    dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) dougefresh93 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    no i don't know how many i consume, i will agree and say its not enough. Thats why i was looking into the syntha 6 or i have seen alot of great stuff about the cytosport gainer.
    eat meat. srs
    Instagram - @dougefresh093

Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Jammer02xd has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You didn't lose 10lbs from stopping creatine.

I'm sorry because I'm going to be blunt but you're making excuses. You're not eating enough. I thought like you did once, thinking I just couldn't gain weight. I started tracking my food and realized I wasn't eating near as much as I thought I was. I've since put on 30lbs in just over 2 years now from lifting and getting things on point. Stop the excuses, track your food and EAT while lifting. You'll grow. You just have to want it enough
    AE APE results thread: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=144074851&p=867099761&viewfull=1#post867099761

🎁☃️🎄🎅25 Days Till Christmas Massive Giveaway!🎅🎄☃️🎁
    http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175093131

Originally Posted by Jammer02xd View Post
    You didn't lose 10lbs from stopping creatine.

I'm sorry because I'm going to be blunt but you're making excuses. You're not eating enough. I thought like you did once, thinking I just couldn't gain weight. I started tracking my food and realized I wasn't eating near as much as I thought I was. I've since put on 30lbs in just over 2 years now from lifting and getting things on point. Stop the excuses, track your food and EAT while lifting. You'll grow. You just have to want it enough
    How many calories do you consume a day? I haven't sat down and really thought about it and figured it out. I would rather someone be blunt then lead me the wrong direction i appreciate it. I was looking into the strength training program and wanted to add some type of supplement just to boost my calories so i could guarantee im surpassing what my body needs. What do you recommend for a supplement? i have been looking at reviews and it seems like the gold standard whey is highly liked but ive had people recommend the syntha 6 and the cytosport one.

SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) SkyFlight23 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Mate, you need to invest in a weight scale.
    Weigh your food, track your calories/macros, find your maintenance calories, increase your calories for weight gain.

fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) fatboystick has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Food...MORE!!!

Get your macros set, monitor them (I use MyFitnessPal) ...you'll quickly see that you are most likely NOT eating near enough.

Good Luck!
    🌍 Talk is cheap, Actions are priceless 🌝

🏋️ TEAM NutraBio