Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10)

rice causing wrist pain ?

Hi gang,

So ive been having pretty serious wrist joint pain and even forearm muscular pain and pain in the muscles between the bones on my hands. Ive been trying to figure it out and it seems to be related to rice ? Anyone heard of this ? My diet is pretty simple, chicken breast, broc**** and mixed veggies and some eggs here and there with rice, either brown or recently white. When ever i cut the rice out, the pain gets MUCH less, its in a tolerable range.

Ive been in IT for a long time and am a comp nerd so im sure i have damage in my hands and something is just making it worse.

Any insight would be awesome. im 43 btw.

Thanks.

Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) Vandeman17 is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Your diet sounds miserable but that's not what this thread is about. No idea if rice could be a factor but have you seen a dr? Any time the words serious and pain are used together i recommend seeing a professional.

Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10) Nf0kus is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by Vandeman17 View Post
    Your diet sounds miserable but that's not what this thread is about. No idea if rice could be a factor but have you seen a dr? Any time the words serious and pain are used together i recommend seeing a professional.

Thanks for the reply,

Wondering why miserable ? I just like simple healthy food, toss it in a wok, woof it down and move on. Try to model after the people that live the longest on the planet, mostly asian supercentenarians.

Yea im going to Doc soon, didnt get call back on apt so calling tomorrow. No rice in 2 days, hands feel great, its crazy.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by Nf0kus View Post
    Thanks for the reply,

Wondering why miserable ? I just like simple healthy food, toss it in a wok, woof it down and move on. Try to model after the people that live the longest on the planet, mostly asian supercentenarians.

Yea im going to Doc soon, didnt get call back on apt so calling tomorrow. No rice in 2 days, hands feel great, its crazy.
    Your diet isn't healthy and lack of vitamins and fats.

BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BrightonBomber is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Thanks for the reply,

As an Asian I can definitely say what you are cooking isn't Asian or at least not Chinese. Broc**** is a western ingredient, there is a Chinese Broc**** but it's nothing like the Broc**** you know.

Also we don't really eat much chicken as it's very expensive for us, duck, fish etc is cheaper than chicken in China. And when we do eat chicken, it's with skin on, often fatty cuts like thigh instead of breast. We eat more seafood and pork than anything. A typical Chinese diet is actually quite high in fat, see link to study below which shows Chinese consuming 36-37% of calories from fat.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4488807/

Your diet lacks dietary fat which maybe why you are getting joint pain. I've read articles regarding low fat diets resulting in osteoarthritis and that people with arthritis are often put on higher fat diets to alleviate joint pain.
    Bench -216lbs
    Squat - 268lbs
    Deadlift - 375lbs
    OHP - 134lbs

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Hi gang,

So ive been having pretty serious wrist joint pain and even forearm muscular pain and pain in the muscles between the bones on my hands. Ive been trying to figure it out and it seems to be related to rice ? Anyone heard of this ? My diet is pretty simple, chicken breast, broc**** and mixed veggies and some eggs here and there with rice, either brown or recently white. When ever i cut the rice out, the pain gets MUCH less, its in a tolerable range.

Ive been in IT for a long time and am a comp nerd so im sure i have damage in my hands and something is just making it worse.

Any insight would be awesome. im 43 btw.

Thanks.
    You have underlying issues of inflammation and probably worse from IT. To make it worse your diet is terrible and you aren't adequately providing the body with vital nutrients needed from lack of dietary fat.
    Psych & handcuffs
    Current reading: Vonnegut, Theodor Adorno
    House, Techno, and 4Runners

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by BrightonBomber View Post
    As an Asian I can definitely say what you are cooking isn't Asian or at least not Chinese.
    Happy new year btw

Crawling back under rock OldFartTom's Avatar
    OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) OldFartTom has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    There are several pretty lame doctor jokes based on variations of a patient describing something painful and the doctor response is stop doing it then.

Based solely on having heard doctor doctor jokes I recognise
    "...When ever i cut the rice out, the pain gets MUCH less..." As needing the punchline "stop eating rice then"

It could be that you have some kind of wrist problem which would benefit from wrist rests, swapping mouse from right to left (or other way round) etc etc, and rice in diet exacerbates the problem/inflammation. Hold your hands out as if you are gripping really really wide motorbike handlebars, now close hands and twist the throttle fully open/closed/open closed, try the same with the left hand too (yeah that would be a strange bike). If that hurts like hell you might have carpal tunnel problems

see what your doctor thinks about the whole matter

P.s.

Doctor doctor, I have a strawberry stuck up my azz.
    Don't worry I have some cream for that.

There you go, I hope that helped in some way!
    Last edited by OldFartTom; 02-20-2018 at 04:27 AM.