itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100)

Worried about going on a 18 day vacation to Europe

What do you do when you go abroad for fun?

I'll be going to a 18 day vacation to Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland with my boyfriend, as my graduation celebration. We've been planning this trip for 2 years and we finally booked it. It's our first trip together and our first time in Europe. I don't usually go abroad for financial reasons lol so this is a big deal for me.

Now, I am really worried I will get fat and lose muscle. There will be gyms on the hotels but I am probably going to be sleep deprived and tired everyday from walking and visiting amazing places from the moment I wake up until late night, as I don't have many days to spend and I want to enjoy it at max.

And food... I am definetely a foodie and I'm excited about eating different food I don't have at home. Idk if it will be enough but I am planning on hiting my protein everyday, eating veggies and not drinking too much but carbs, breweries and dessert will be EVERYWHERE and I feel like I am going to regret not trying it, relaxing and enjoying this special moment just because aesthetics.

Also, I am planning on having a big breakfast at the hotel, snacking on some treat during the day and having a decent plate of food at dinner. Maybe cutting on a meal will do the trick... good to mention I am on a low budget and I don't have much of a choice when it comes to eating proper meals, at restaurants... mostly will be street food supermarket salads.

What do you do on vacation? How much weight could I put on and how much muscle mass could I lose, on average?

I am considering either going on a cut so I have pounds to spare, or bulking to have muscle to sacrifice without compromising my looks. I am 122lb, 5'3.

I am really worried even though the trip is in july lol

necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) necon76 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Just enjoy your holiday. Obsessing over what could potentially happen over the course of 2.5 weeks if you're not a competitive bodybuilder (and probably even if you are) is absolutely pointless. Believe me, 2 years from now you won't give a damn that you may have gained 2 pounds on an epic vacation.

Taste the foods, see the sights, enjoy your life.
    Delirious Mutant.

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Have you ever seen anyone go from fat to pro bodybuilder in 18 days? I highly doubt it. Not much can happen in that amount of time. And funny enough most countries have meats and veggies and fruits etc available. I travel to Europe for work a few times a year. Usually a week or two. I instinctively use portion control and moderstion, but if there is something I really like somewhere I will eat a lot of it. Like Stroopwaffels in Amsterdam. I found a little place that made these amazing Stroopwaffels and ate so many I kind of got sick. Well that and the dutch babies down the street , the tour of Heineken and stopping at a pub near the train station to watch a soccer game didn’t help. But I have never gone to Europe for 2 weeks and ever cone back looking that much different.
    2 time survivor of The Great Misc Outages of 2022

Survivor of PHP/API Outage of Feb 2023

itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100) itsmeisa is not very well liked. (-100)
    Thank you guys!! I highly doubt that I will come back to these contries in like, 15 years, so I must enjoy it.

I just wanted to know what people actually do... if I am being average or too negligent and it seems like I am being normal.

If I eat 1000 extra calories a day, in the worst scenario, I would gain 5 pounds, or 2,5kg. Maybe I can cut that down in a month after I come back and it would be worth it.

Looking forwards to those waffles btw.

Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000) Mikeez0 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by itsmeisa View Post
    Thank you guys!! I highly doubt that I will come back to these contries in like, 15 years, so I must enjoy it.

I just wanted to know what people actually do... if I am being average or too negligent and it seems like I am being normal.

If I eat 1000 extra calories a day, in the worst scenario, I would gain 5 pounds, or 2,5kg. Maybe I can cut that down in a month after I come back and it would be worth it.

Looking forwards to those waffles btw.
    Nah, also, you will be very active, walking the whole day burning tons of calories. Don't worry, again. If you really want to stay in shape, eat smaller serving sizes, if it makes sense. Nobody forces you to devour 20 waffles in the morning, 2-3 would be enough. Same with whole pizza and some slices, and every type of food tbh.
    Also, you should be looking forward the vacation, not a waffle. Have a good time.

I am looking forward to everything that traveling involves and different foods are part of it, waffles included hahah

I will eat smaller portions and hit the protein amount. Do you think intermitent fasting would be a nice strategy?

Btw just found that only one of the 3 hotels has a gym... let it go lol

desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) desslok has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    I am looking forward to everything that traveling involves and different foods are part of it, waffles included hahah

I will eat smaller portions and hit the protein amount. Do you think intermitent fasting would be a nice strategy?

Btw just found that only one of the 3 hotels has a gym... let it go lol
    I usually just eat a light breakfast that is included in the hotel, which is usually pretty light anyways in Europe(except maybe Munich where they have beer and Weißwurst sausage for breakfast at one place I stay), or for example in Paris will just grab a cappuccino and an almond croissant. Then walk around for lunch and try bites of tandom things then go somewhere and go big for dinner somewhere nice. And you will do a lot of walking. Like in Amsterdam for example when I go I just walk everywhere. Sure you can catch the public transportation trains in these cities you visit but you miss out on all the cool little shops hidden on the streets and back streets the trains pass by.

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    You get to travel to Europe on a trip and this is what you're worried about...

priorities man... check them
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    I usually just eat a light breakfast that is included in the hotel, which is usually pretty light anyways in Europe(except maybe Munich where they have beer and Weißwurst sausage for breakfast at one place I stay), or for example in Paris will just grab a cappuccino and an almond croissant. Then walk around for lunch and try bites of tandom things then go somewhere and go big for dinner somewhere nice. And you will do a lot of walking. Like in Amsterdam for example when I go I just walk everywhere. Sure you can catch the public transportation trains in these cities you visit but you miss out on all the cool little shops hidden on the streets and back streets the trains pass by.
    That's my meal plan, also because snacking random things saves time when sighseeing. Nice, my hotel in amsterdam is like 3 miles from the downtown, it'll be a nice walk. Btw, did you bike? I am considering hiring a bike but it seems expensive.

Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000) Tigress84 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Really, just what they said. Enjoy your vacation, and have a great time, try everything you can and want. You will be walking more than usual, so you will also be burning more. No serious damage can happen in 18 days. Perhaps go glycogen depleted a little, so the extra carbs go to replenish glycogen first, and there will be even less spillover. Set the worries aside and have fun.

Thank you a lot guys for all the encouraging messages!

That's my meal plan, also because snacking random things saves time when sighseeing. Nice, my hotel in amsterdam is like 3 miles from the downtown, it'll be a nice walk. Btw, did you bike? I am considering hiring a bike but it seems expensive.
    Never biked on Amsterdam, only Munich and swiss alps. Though in Amsterdam the canal boats seem kind of fun to try once.
    Also if you plan to see Ann Frank’s house make sure to prebook ASAP, otherwise the lone can easily be 3 hours.

Another tip, keep a bunch of Euro coins like €1 and €2 etc for restrooms. A lot of places in EU charge for public restrooms, which can be a real pain wehen you are walking around eating and drinking all day.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    What do you do when you go abroad for fun?

I'll be going to a 18 day vacation to Netherlands, Belgium and Ireland with my boyfriend, as my graduation celebration. We've been planning this trip for 2 years and we finally booked it. It's our first trip together and our first time in Europe. I don't usually go abroad for financial reasons lol so this is a big deal for me.

Now, I am really worried I will get fat and lose muscle. There will be gyms on the hotels but I am probably going to be sleep deprived and tired everyday from walking and visiting amazing places from the moment I wake up until late night, as I don't have many days to spend and I want to enjoy it at max.

And food... I am definetely a foodie and I'm excited about eating different food I don't have at home. Idk if it will be enough but I am planning on hiting my protein everyday, eating veggies and not drinking too much but carbs, breweries and dessert will be EVERYWHERE and I feel like I am going to regret not trying it, relaxing and enjoying this special moment just because aesthetics.

Also, I am planning on having a big breakfast at the hotel, snacking on some treat during the day and having a decent plate of food at dinner. Maybe cutting on a meal will do the trick... good to mention I am on a low budget and I don't have much of a choice when it comes to eating proper meals, at restaurants... mostly will be street food supermarket salads.

What do you do on vacation? How much weight could I put on and how much muscle mass could I lose, on average?

I am considering either going on a cut so I have pounds to spare, or bulking to have muscle to sacrifice without compromising my looks. I am 122lb, 5'3.

I am really worried even though the trip is in july lol
    My wife and I did this (traveled Europe---Rome, Florence, Paris, London) back in 2008 for 15 days. We ate what/when we wanted, never lifted anything heavier than mine and my wife's luggage, and had the time of our lives. The food in Rome, in particular, was just......excellent; standing at the base of the Eiffel, I was dumbstruck---and I'm someone who's never at a loss for words. Talking world politics all night long with a gentleman from Bangladesh on the train from Florence to Paris, and eating fish and chips in a London pub was another experience we'll not forget.

Got back home, back in the gym, back to training right where I left off----didn't lose anything, and probably even looked a little better than when I left due to the "deload," and all the "cardio" from all the walking we did.

Go and enjoy the experience; it might be the only time in your life you'll be able to take such a trip. The gym will still be here when you get back.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by desslok View Post
    Never biked on Amsterdam, only Munich and swiss alps. Though in Amsterdam the canal boats seem kind of fun to try once.
    Also if you plan to see Ann Frank’s house make sure to prebook ASAP, otherwise the lone can easily be 3 hours.

Another tip, keep a bunch of Euro coins like €1 and €2 etc for restrooms. A lot of places in EU charge for public restrooms, which can be a real pain wehen you are walking around eating and drinking all day.
    The restroom tip was a must. I am already booking Anne Frank and another tour to a fisher's village with windmills which the name I've forgotten.
    Gonna spend 4 days in ams.

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    My wife and I did this (traveled Europe---Rome, Florence, Paris, London) back in 2008 for 15 days. We ate what/when we wanted, never lifted anything heavier than mine and my wife's luggage, and had the time of our lives. The food in Rome, in particular, was just......excellent; standing at the base of the Eiffel, I was dumbstruck---and I'm someone who's never at a loss for words. Talking world politics all night long with a gentleman from Bangladesh on the train from Florence to Paris, and eating fish and chips in a London pub was another experience we'll not forget.

Got back home, back in the gym, back to training right where I left off----didn't lose anything, and probably even looked a little better than when I left due to the "deload," and all the "cardio" from all the walking we did.

Go and enjoy the experience; it might be the only time in your life you'll be able to take such a trip. The gym will still be here when you get back.
    Well said. Sounds like an incredible experience. I don' want to ruin non related food experiences because I am feeling bad about my nutrition.

How much damaged did you got?

I remember when I went to disney world on my teens, before bodybuilding, and ate USA garbage for 2 whole weeks. Not a single pound changed.

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz

How much damaged did you got?
    Zero. Zilch. Nada. None.

Enjoy your vacation. You'll be okay.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) AdamWW has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Zero. Zilch. Nada. None.

Enjoy your vacation. You'll be okay.
    I had a similar trip and did tons of damage.

To my brain cells

To my body composition? Not a single, solitary thought was given. If I died the day after getting back, I would have only regretted not having taken in ALL I did, wine and food included, the sights, the people, the culture, the art, the smell of the air...

OP, look... maintaining good HABITS is a good thing... finding regularity in life is/can be good... but when you go for an EXPERIENCE, that is your ultimate time to forget your 'good Habits' and truly focus on mental, physical, and (if you want) spiritual pleasure. That can (and in my opinion SHOULD) include food if you're someone who loves to sample local cuisine.

When I travel, ZERO thought is given beyond: "what sounds delicious?".

Believe me, the memories you'll treasure will never be those in which you held back.

If you eat so much where you feel sick, that's too much... obviously... because it's forced and it'll just ruin the rest of your time. But believe me, when you're having the time of your life, you can just let go and not think about it. Just have fun.
    "When I die, I hope it's early in the morning so I don't have to go to work that day for no reason"

Originally Posted by AdamWW View Post
    I had a similar trip and did tons of damage.

To my brain cells

To my body composition? Not a single, solitary thought was given. If I died the day after getting back, I would have only regretted not having taken in ALL I did, wine and food included, the sights, the people, the culture, the art, the smell of the air...

OP, look... maintaining good HABITS is a good thing... finding regularity in life is/can be good... but when you go for an EXPERIENCE, that is your ultimate time to forget your 'good Habits' and truly focus on mental, physical, and (if you want) spiritual pleasure. That can (and in my opinion SHOULD) include food if you're someone who loves to sample local cuisine.

When I travel, ZERO thought is given beyond: "what sounds delicious?".

Believe me, the memories you'll treasure will never be those in which you held back.

If you eat so much where you feel sick, that's too much... obviously... because it's forced and it'll just ruin the rest of your time. But believe me, when you're having the time of your life, you can just let go and not think about it. Just have fun.
    This!! I feel a lot better now! What about protein powder? My nutritionist told me to take protein powder as a snack during the day... it doesn't sound like a lot of effort to me and it may be a good ideia

This!! I feel a lot better now! What about protein powder? My nutritionist told me to take protein powder as a snack during the day... it doesn't sound like a lot of effort to me and it may be a good ideia
    stop thinking about it so much dude...

If you like protein powder, neat. have some. who cares?

RELAX... stop trying to contemplate so much and just let go of all this over-calculated stuff.

Live. Your. Life.