BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)

GHR Alternatives

In the Max-Hype program I am running at the moment, the last day of week 1 has the GHR. My gym recently just removed that machine, so what are good alternatives? I am already doing Romanian Deadlifts on that day as well.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Romanian Deadlifts
    Reverse Hyperextensions
    Hip Thrusters
    Back Extensions
    Glute Pullthroughs
    Kettlebell Swings
    Single-Leg Deadlifts

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can try them like this in the cable pull down machine. I've attempted it at a prior gym bc there was no GHR, however I couldn't get my knees on the seat, you may have better luck
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Haha, max hype.

But seriously, GHR is often used where knee flexion without hip movement is desired to isolate the hamstring from the gluteals (since it is a bi-articulate muscle).

So hamstring curl machine and maybe some band or cable kickbacks are the only real options.

BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10) BFeinstein is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Haha, max hype.

But seriously, GHR is often used where knee flexion without hip movement is desired to isolate the hamstring from the gluteals (since it is a bi-articulate muscle).

So hamstring curl machine and maybe some band or cable kickbacks are the only real options.
    Why the "haha" to the Max-hype program? I'm curious to see other people's view of it. Personally, I didn't want to buy it due to my knowledge of creating my own program, so I gave it a go. I'm actually loving it thus far and can't complain.

Update: I found out that my gym purchased a new one and put it in today. Tried GHR's for the first time and didn't do too well. I was having trouble with the form and stability, but I guess that comes with doing a foreign exercise. I think I am just going to start every lower body day with them and just work on form and what not.

unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000) unity is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Originally Posted by BFeinstein View Post
    Update: I found out that my gym purchased a new one and put it in today. Tried GHR's for the first time and didn't do too well. I was having trouble with the form and stability, but I guess that comes with doing a foreign exercise. I think I am just going to start every lower body day with them and just work on form and what not.
    it's not an easy exercise, that's for sure. many people have to focus on the eccentric, and cheat a bit during the concentric.
    i'm hungry

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Why the "haha" to the Max-hype program? I'm curious to see other people's view of it. Personally, I didn't want to buy it due to my knowledge of creating my own program, so I gave it a go. I'm actually loving it thus far and can't complain.
    Only because of the name. That's how we view most programs that promise more than they can deliver. I haven't looked at it TBH but I wondered if the name was applied ironically or not.

darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I used to own a GHR in my home gym. I think it is overrated and perhaps unnecessary anyway. I find Nordic curls are a much better alternative. Of course they re harder. But then pull ups are harder than lat pull downs and I would say the latter is better too.

The good thing about Nordic curls is that you can initially perform as many reps as you can and not worry about hitting a particular number. If you can only get 2 to start, fine; simply try to reach 3 next time and so on. Also, you can allow for a quicker decent to start with - making them easier. As you improve try to slow the descent down. They are an excellent progressive exercise.
    Love to train.... hate gyms!

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    They are vary difficult if you've never done them, use a yoga ball like in the vid.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    Only because of the name. That's how we view most programs that promise more than they can deliver. I haven't looked at it TBH but I wondered if the name was applied ironically or not.
    Yeah the name isn't to great, but I can vouch for the product. I myself have a decent amount of knowledge in creating a well-put program and their's has helped me tremendously. You get what you pay for in my opinion.

Originally Posted by Get-n-fit View Post
    They are vary difficult if you've never done them, use a yoga ball like in the vid.
    Yeah, I am going to give the yoga ball a try because that was way difficult for me last night. I sat there and watched countless videos and could not get it down.

WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) WolfRose7 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Yeah the name isn't to great, but I can vouch for the product. I myself have a decent amount of knowledge in creating a well-put program and their's has helped me tremendously. You get what you pay for in my opinion.
    Care to give an outline and analysis?

"high volume, high frequency, high-intensity training" - < This makes me highly suspicious
    5 day full body crew

FMH Crew, Sandbagging Mike Tuscherer Wannabee

Originally Posted by darrenash View Post
    I used to own a GHR in my home gym. I think it is overrated and perhaps unnecessary anyway. I find Nordic curls are a much better alternative. Of course they re harder. But then pull ups are harder than lat pull downs and I would say the latter is better too.

The good thing about Nordic curls is that you can initially perform as many reps as you can and not worry about hitting a particular number. If you can only get 2 to start, fine; simply try to reach 3 next time and so on. Also, you can allow for a quicker decent to start with - making them easier. As you improve try to slow the descent down. They are an excellent progressive exercise.
    Gonna go look into these. By the look of the images, it looks like you need a partner to assist you in this. Is that true or can you do it similar to GHR's?

Originally Posted by WolfRose7 View Post
    Care to give an outline and analysis?

"high volume, high frequency, high-intensity training" - < This makes me highly suspicious
    It's an 8 day week, 6 week mesocycle. First two days are upper/lower and prioritize progressive overload. After that, its one day off, and then 4 days of hypertrophy/strength, which is as follows; chest/arms, quads/adductors, back/delts, hams/calves in week 1, and chest/back, quads/adductors, shoulders/arms, and hams/calves in week 2, and then after those 4 days, it's 1 day off.

They implement intraset stretching, drop sets, giant/supersets, and BFR. I def have made major improvements while running this program thus far, given that before I wasn't utilizing progressive overload correctly prior.
    Last edited by BFeinstein; 02-20-2018 at 09:49 AM.

darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250) darrenash has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Gonna go look into these. By the look of the images, it looks like you need a partner to assist you in this. Is that true or can you do it similar to GHR's?
    Potentially you need a partner. A barbell or heavy dumbbells will do. Or even a Smith machine at the lowest setting. Anything can be use to support yourself as long as it's low enough to the ground.

Ultimately, you want to be able to perform then unsupported - they are hard, but effective. A mid-point stage is to press your feet in to a wall for stability.
    Love to train.... hate gyms!