Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Sonic5688 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Point me in the right direction

I've had a hell of a journey this past year. I was 323 lbs this time last year and I weigh in at 158 lbs and some change today. I didn't have any surgeries or anything like that. I bought a Fitbit one day on a whim, noticed over a few weeks that I was consistently burning a huge amount of calories even though I wasn't active, and became disgusted at how much I must be consuming to maintain and gain weight.

This prompted me to start calorie counting. I lost a little weight doing this, but nothing to brag about. I decided to try boxing exercises at a local boxing gym to get me active. I had no interest in fighting. These exercises really helped me to melt off some weight. I went from a 5xl shirt to a 2xl. I was happy with how I looked. I could have stopped and been happy with what I accomplished.

But right around this time, I started taking an interest in the sport. Something about these other people getting in the ring and duking it out had caught my interest. I wanted to try it out. One day, coach asked if anyone wanted to spar. I shot my hand up and he let me get in there and try it out. I was hooked. I had never felt an adrenaline rush like that in my life. I wanted more. I wanted to fight, and I was still too out of shape to do so. This gave me the drive to keep moving forward.

Now boxing is always on my mind in some way. All day, every day. It's driven me to lose a total of 165 lbs and start building muscle. I've never been more motivated and driven to do anything in my life.

My question is, where do I go from here? How do I eat properly to build rather than lose weight? What kind of things can help me progress faster with building? I don't know much about lifting! Any advice is appreciated.

I can do this all day Farley1324's Avatar
    Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Farley1324 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by Sonic5688 View Post
    I've had a hell of a journey this past year. I was 323 lbs this time last year and I weigh in at 158 lbs and some change today. I didn't have any surgeries or anything like that. I bought a Fitbit one day on a whim, noticed over a few weeks that I was consistently burning a huge amount of calories even though I wasn't active, and became disgusted at how much I must be consuming to maintain and gain weight.

This prompted me to start calorie counting. I lost a little weight doing this, but nothing to brag about. I decided to try boxing exercises at a local boxing gym to get me active. I had no interest in fighting. These exercises really helped me to melt off some weight. I went from a 5xl shirt to a 2xl. I was happy with how I looked. I could have stopped and been happy with what I accomplished.

But right around this time, I started taking an interest in the sport. Something about these other people getting in the ring and duking it out had caught my interest. I wanted to try it out. One day, coach asked if anyone wanted to spar. I shot my hand up and he let me get in there and try it out. I was hooked. I had never felt an adrenaline rush like that in my life. I wanted more. I wanted to fight, and I was still too out of shape to do so. This gave me the drive to keep moving forward.

Now boxing is always on my mind in some way. All day, every day. It's driven me to lose a total of 165 lbs and start building muscle. I've never been more motivated and driven to do anything in my life.

My question is, where do I go from here? How do I eat properly to build rather than lose weight? What kind of things can help me progress faster with building? I don't know much about lifting! Any advice is appreciated.
    Go to the Workout Programs section.

Read the stickies and look around at reputable novice routines such as Fierce 5, Starting Strength, All Pros, Greyskulls LP etc. Pick one and follow it. Check Nutrition Forum stickies. Track calories and carbs/fat/protein daily, as well as bodyweight. (www.myfitnesspal.com is popular for this). Eat to gain 0.5-1 lb of bodyweight per week

Some starting points for performing the main lifts (click through related videos for other lifts from the same folks)

BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) BigDaddyBrose is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by Farley1324 View Post
    Go to the Workout Programs section.

Read the stickies and look around at reputable novice routines such as Fierce 5, Starting Strength, All Pros, Greyskulls LP etc. Pick one and follow it. Check Nutrition Forum stickies. Track calories and carbs/fat/protein daily, as well as bodyweight. (www.myfitnesspal.com is popular for this). Eat to gain 0.5-1 lb of bodyweight per week

Some starting points for performing the main lifts (click through related videos for other lifts from the same folks)

Pretty much ^^^that, and congrats on the life change....keep it up, don’t give up, and kick some a$$ in that ring!!!!
    Dad
    Poolboy
    Volunteer Firefighter
    Swole enough to be dangerous

mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mp1161 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Props on your weight loss and new motivation. However only you can answer your own question. Competitive boxing consists of weight classes, so if you are serious about the sport I would have a one on one with your coach and see what weight class he thinks you would be best at if you are not sure. But before you do that you need to figure out if you are now wanting to make a change for your health or for the sport.