lion1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Unhappy Minor Bankart Lesion with posterior shoulder pain (?)

Hi everyone!
    Got a anterior-inferior lesion of the labrum, also know as GLAD (Glenolabral articular disruption), was almost a Bankart lesion, dislocated just in the time I got the injury.
    But persisted as a sharp pain on the posterior part of the shoulder when I do squats and any external rotation exercise. Also any type of flyes and wide grip bench.
    The symptoms look very similar to a SLAP tear.

Anyone here got this injury?
    And those who got anterior Bankart lesion, did hurt the posterior capsule?
    Extending the arm on my side with the palm facing UP hurts a lot also.

I was wondering if this pain could be just an impingement, but artro MRI just shows this tear. Very little by the way. It's very confusing cause I have no pain on the anterior part of the shoulder, can do ring dips and db bench pain free. OHP hurts when the bar is on my chest.
    learning english so take it easy guys

JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Makes since, palm facing up, pain with wide bench/OHP with bar lowered, all those are externally rotating the shoulder straining the labrum, possibly radiating posterior. I doubt inpingement, would have more pain at top of the lifts instead of bottom. But X-ray can rule that out. Maybe an actual cuff strain too? Sounds like you need to rehab this shoulder well before lifting again if doc doesn’t feel it’s surgical.

Best of luck!
    Last edited by JonM81x; 02-17-2018 at 06:50 PM.
    Jon - South Texas
    5’9” @ 199lb
    Deleting the ‘Dad Bod’ one set at a time!

lion1994 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by JonM81x View Post
    Makes since, palm facing up, pain with wide bench/OHP with bar lowered, all those are externally rotating the shoulder straining the labrum, possibly radiating posterior. I doubt inpingement, would have more pain at top of the lifts instead of bottom. But X-ray can rule that out. Maybe an actual cuff strain too? Sounds like you need to rehab this shoulder well before lifting again if doc doesn’t feel it’s surgical.

Best of luck!
    Thank you for the reply Jon!
    My doubt is how an anterior-inferior lesion could hurt just on external rotation. At the top doesn't hurt that much, if I go neutral grip doesn't hurt at all.
    I wonder if anyone with this GLAD lesion, or even Bankart lesion have this type of pain. I know that people with superior labrum tears have these symptoms, but MRI shows no SLAP.
    My doctor doesn't know if a GLAD lesion hurt on external rotation, he said that should hurt on anterior aspect of the joint. It's quite rare this type of lesion, usually people go full Bankart with dislocations.

Anyone who had/has Bankart lesion, please reply.
    Attached Images
    learning english so take it easy guys