Registered User zainbintariq122's Avatar
    zainbintariq122 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

will i loose weight while fasting?

what if i stop eating at 8pm and then in the morning i get up at 8 and then eat at 12 which means that i have 16 hours fast total,
    what if before going on a walk of 10km i eat something like a coffee and some biscuits totally 300 calories , but with 10km walk i am going to loose estimate 800 calories, what my question is that how it is going to work in my body ? is it going to burn those 300 calories first and then it is going to burn 500 from my stored fat or is it going to burn all of them from stored fat ?
    sorry i am naive in weight loss game so i really need to understand this phenomena .

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Don't worry so much about these details. Weight loss comes from maintaining a calorie deficit. Focus more on your daily/weekly calorie intake and eat enough under your maintenance to lose 1-2lbs per week, depending on your stats. Intermittent fasting has no additional fat loss benefits compared to a normal diet with the same deficit. If IF fits your schedule or helps you stick to your deficit, go for it, but don't expect more fat loss.

Originally Posted by dipatel13 View Post
    Don't worry so much about these details. Weight loss comes from maintaining a calorie deficit. Focus more on your daily/weekly calorie intake and eat enough under your maintenance to lose 1-2lbs per week, depending on your stats. Intermittent fasting has no additional fat loss benefits compared to a normal diet with the same deficit. If IF fits your schedule or helps you stick to your deficit, go for it, but don't expect more fat loss.
    I am not doing fasting for more fat loss but i feel more attentive while in fasting especially in night (when i have to work), but i am on calorie deficit of 600 calories per week and also i do walking of 8 km on weekdays and 12-14 km on weekends, but i really want to understand how it really works? because i heard if there is insulin present in your body then your body won't loose any weight and when i eat at 12 it means i have insulin present but after that i am also loosing 800 calories and only eating 300 calories for breakfast , than from where those extra 500 calories are coming from.

dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) dipatel13 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by zainbintariq122 View Post
    I am not doing fasting for more fat loss but i feel more attentive while in fasting especially in night (when i have to work), but i am on calorie deficit of 600 calories per week and also i do walking of 8 km on weekdays and 12-14 km on weekends, but i really want to understand how it really works? because i heard if there is insulin present in your body then your body won't loose any weight and when i eat at 12 it means i have insulin present but after that i am also loosing 800 calories and only eating 300 calories for breakfast , than from where those extra 500 calories are coming from.
    Unless you are diabetic, you don't need to worry about insulin.

Are you doing any lifting or just walking? If you want to improve your body composition, you need to incorporate a lifting routine.

Unless you are diabetic, you don't need to worry about insulin.

Are you doing any lifting or just walking? If you want to improve your body composition, you need to incorporate a lifting routine.
    no, i am just walking, i was 98 kgs before and right now i am 93 after 2 months of dieting, i don't like to run so i just walk, right now my only focus is to loose weight because of my schedule i barely have time for walking, but when my weight is shredded i am planning to do lifting then, is that alright ?

xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) xsquid99 has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    no, i am just walking, i was 98 kgs before and right now i am 93 after 2 months of dieting, i don't like to run so i just walk, right now my only focus is to loose weight because of my schedule i barely have time for walking, but when my weight is shredded i am planning to do lifting then, is that alright ?
    If you want to just lose weight thats fine, but you'll end up just looking thinner and soft. If you want to ensure you keep whatever muscle you have you need to lift weights.
    All it takes is consistency, effort, proper nutrition, good programming, and TIME.

Don't be upset with the results you didn't get from the work you did not do.

If you lose weight without lifting, you're going to look a shrunken version of your heavier self and your body composition won't improve because you will have lost muscle mass. If you lift, you could make the most of your noob gains and maintain muscle and improve your body composition when you hit a lower weight. If you have time to walk 8km daily, you can use that time to lift instead and continue to walk on the weekends if you wanted.

If you lose weight without lifting, you're going to look a shrunken version of your heavier self and your body composition won't improve because you will have lost muscle mass. If you lift, you could make the most of your noob gains and maintain muscle and improve your body composition when you hit a lower weight. If you have time to walk 8km daily, you can use that time to lift instead and continue to walk on the weekends if you wanted.
    okay i will join a gym and try to lift weights ? should they be heavier that will hurt or just normal weights will do ? and secondly any kind of cardio even walking is contributing to my weight loss or not ? loosing 800 calories by walking worth anything?

okay i will join a gym and try to lift weights ? should they be heavier that will hurt or just normal weights will do ? and secondly any kind of cardio even walking is contributing to my weight loss or not ? loosing 800 calories by walking worth anything?
    Follow a program like Fierce 5, starting strength, stronglifts, or all pros. Read each one, pick one, then follow it as written. Cardio is good for cardiovascular health and can increase your maintenance level. It's likely though that you're not actually burning 800 cals walking so don't try to eat back cals from cardio because you can take yourself out of a deficit.

Follow a program like Fierce 5, starting strength, stronglifts, or all pros. Read each one, pick one, then follow it as written. Cardio is good for cardiovascular health and can increase your maintenance level. It's likely though that you're not actually burning 800 cals walking so don't try to eat back cals from cardio because you can take yourself out of a deficit.
    okay i am going to do some research on lifting and start doing it, i am using endomondo for tracking my walk with gps on, and even if i walk 15 km a day i never eat those calories i am strictly on 1750 calories per day no matter how much i walk, they are suppose to be icing on cake.

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    It all comes to Calories.
    Based on your lifestyle, if you eat as much Calories as your body needs. You will maintain your weight.
    If you eat more, you will gain and if you eat less, you will lose weight.

Everything you do in life, burns an amount of calories, your body burns calories to keep you warm, when you walk, sleep or even breathe.
    By walking or exercising, your body will burn more calories, helping you lose weight ONLY if you're at a Caloric Deficit.

So let's just make up that your daily caloric intake is 2500 calories and you eat exactly 2500 calories for a long period,
    your weight will not move (it will fluctuate, but you'll most likely not make any progress in terms of gaining or losing weight).

Now let's add cardio into that and burn 300 calories extra. That means 2500 - 300 = 2200 calories.
    You are now in a Caloric Deficit and by staying in a Deficit, a longer period, you'll start losing weight.

That's how it works. Not by your body eating fat from your stomach, just because you are breaking a sweat.

Let me know if I make sense or not, maybe I need to formulate myself better.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

Originally Posted by CidBone View Post
    It all comes to Calories.
    Based on your lifestyle, if you eat as much Calories as your body needs. You will maintain your weight.
    If you eat more, you will gain and if you eat less, you will lose weight.

Everything you do in life, burns an amount of calories, your body burns calories to keep you warm, when you walk, sleep or even breathe.
    By walking or exercising, your body will burn more calories, helping you lose weight ONLY if you're at a Caloric Deficit.

So let's just make up that your daily caloric intake is 2500 calories and you eat exactly 2500 calories for a long period,
    your weight will not move (it will fluctuate, but you'll most likely not make any progress in terms of gaining or losing weight).

Now let's add cardio into that and burn 300 calories extra. That means 2500 - 300 = 2200 calories.
    You are now in a Caloric Deficit and by staying in a Deficit, a longer period, you'll start losing weight.

That's how it works. Not by your body eating fat from your stomach, just because you are breaking a sweat.

Let me know if I make sense or not, maybe I need to formulate myself better.
    Yes, thank you i know it works like that, but i am confused about the fact that when i am in calorie deficit, and i eat only 300 calories for one meal (breakfast) and then walk 10 km that will burn 800 calories, my question is from where those extra 500 calories are coming from? Because I've just eat 300 calories yet and walk 800 calories off.

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Calories is not like a Mana Bar in video games, that once you deplete, you don't have the energy to do anything.
    The body is more complex than that. Some people go on 24 hour fasts and they still wake up the next day.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

That's very complex and confusing! But my calorie deficit and walking os working, slowly but still working, so maybe i should just keep doing that.