Thread: Deadlifts/Plyos

seanyt2121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Deadlifts/Plyos

Howdy,

Gotten back into training the vert but it's been a while. Haven't trained in over 10 years so I'm hoping to see some quick gains as you do when you reset for a while.

I'm started doing Hex Bar Deadlift, 8rep*5. Explosively as possible and calf raises. That would be on one day.

2 days later I'm doing 7reps*5 medicine ball Jumps and then following up with some box jumps.

In time I will combine the weights and plyos in the same routine for optimal benefits.

Obviously I'm working some abs etc etc

Any input for the combination I'm doing? As I've just gotten back into it, should I wait before I do depth jumps?

FYI I'm a 2 foot jumper and can get an inch or so above the rim so I'm planning on getting my hand over the rim (6") in the next 3 months. But you never know, I might get only a couple of inches or 10". So please feel free to add.

Muchos appreciated

FYI, I am 30 not in my forties as per status

DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) DCSpartan has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Why so much volume on "explosive" lifts? This isnt crossfit!

seanyt2121 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Ha! Sorry, 7 reps of 5 sets....
    Or did I not get the joke? :P