Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50) Prithwishr96 will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Question How do you guys measure bodyfat?

I've measured my bf% with both caliper and by putting stats and there's quite a difference between the both, so which one should i consider or do i need to buy the digital one?

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Self measuring with calipers is not accurate. Calculating body fat based on measurements is not accurate. Digital impedance devices are not accurate. You can post a full body photo in the Guess My Bodyfat sticky and get something accurate.

d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500) d2mini is a glorious beacon of knowledge. (+2500)
    I use this pair of calipers and the result is exactly what was given to me in the "Guess My Bodyfat" sticky thread.
    If you pay attention and use them correctly each time, results will be consistent enough to gauge progress.
    I haven't heard of ANY method that is considered truly accurate by everyone.
    So this cheap pair of calipers is good enough.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B073XWPPVF

In the end it doesn't really matter what the actual number is, it just matters how you feel about how you look.
    -dennis
    my "GYM IN A SHED" build thread
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175140521

My pronouns are bro/brah Tommy W.'s Avatar
    Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) Tommy W. has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Most ways are very inaccurate. The best way is to jump up and down in front of a mirror naked. If things jiggle you need to diet down further. Don't get caught up in BF% numbers they're not that important. A good way to gauge fatloss\gain is measuring yourself around the waist at the navel. 1" either way signifies around 5-7 lbs
    If you don't get what you want you didn't want it bad enough

Pro Choice
    Non Christian
    MAGA
    2A Advocate
    FJB

bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000) bcradio is just really nice. (+1000)
    Mirror is my tool of choice

MatzenFitness is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    The best way that I have found for me to measure my body fat percentage is using a scale or handheld device. They are quick and easy but what you gain in convience you lose in accuracy. This uses a method called bioelectrical impedance analysis, that measures your body's resistance to a light electrical current
    I am a boy with a dream to continue my journey of trying to get fit.

chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000) chasedaviis is just really nice. (+1000)
    Why do you care what you bf is ?

If your happy when you look in the mirror that's all that should matter imo

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Self measuring with calipers is not accurate. Calculating body fat based on measurements is not accurate. Digital impedance devices are not accurate. You can post a full body photo in the Guess My Bodyfat sticky and get something accurate.
    I agree with what you mention in the beginning, but you’re kidding me right on that last sentence?

How in the world would forum posters looking at photos be the most accurate option in telling BF%? This is a joke right?

I guess some posters have the magic eye...? Must be a gift.

okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) okayest is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by michaelbrianinc View Post
    I agree with what you mention in the beginning, but you’re kidding me right on that last sentence?

How in the world would forum posters looking at photos be the most accurate option in telling BF%? This is a joke right?

I guess some posters have the magic eye...? Must be a gift.
    Nope. In order or accuracy

eyeballing by people who have some grasp on what body fat look like > BIA scale and an inexperienced person trying to take their own skinfolds

I've had hydrostatic and DEXA done at totally different body compositions and guessed the results within 2 pounds each time. If you know how much a pound of fat looks like and you have the ability to accurately estimate, you can get really close by looks. Much closer than the error of margin on what the poster has done or is asking about.

Registered User michaelbrianinc's Avatar
    michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50) michaelbrianinc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by okayest View Post
    Nope. In order or accuracy

eyeballing by people who have some grasp on what body fat look like > BIA scale and an inexperienced person trying to take their own skinfolds

I've had hydrostatic and DEXA done at totally different body compositions and guessed the results within 2 pounds each time. If you know how much a pound of fat looks like and you have the ability to accurately estimate, you can get really close by looks. Much closer than the error of margin on what the poster has done or is asking about.
    Makes some sense I guess. But keyword is someone who is experienced and would know those things.

I personally don’t trust any form of technology that measures BF not math equations using measurements. My scale says I’m 16.7% BF and I know looking in the mirror it’s wrong.

The only visual reference I’ve seen that looks accurate to me is done by AthleanX. The photos and BF ranges look legit so I tend to compare that to myself in what I see in the mirror.

I’m sure visually some people can get pretty close to accurate but it’s a little hard to believe it’s the “most” accurate.

I appreciate your constructive feedback. Thank you.

yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) yoojungl has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Like everyone mentioned, calipers are inaccurate. You can get a rough idea of where you're at by comparing progress pictures. Whatever you use to measure your bf, use the same one consistently and keep in mind that it's not 100%
    MuscleTech Representative

*CountryMike Appreciation Crew*