Thread: JV Football

wlee13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

JV Football

I’m a 14 year old 5’9” freshman in high school I weigh about 215 and am pretty fast for my size I’ve been planning on playing JV Football and my coach said I will probably be playing line but I’m wanting to play fullback. I bench 145(I know I need to get that up) I deadlift around 250 any tips on what to do to get into fullback playing condition My 40 is 6.0 but it was tested at home so I'm not sure how accurate it was

wlee13 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    I’m not sure why my age says 48

sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) sowilson has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    you will play where the coach put's you. Participate in your schools strength and conditioning program (usually heavy lifting during the winter, more power and GPP work during the summer). If you want to be a back then get extra coaching this summer for playing running back, but you'll probably play line, so work on those skills too. BTW a 6.0 40 is slow. If you want to be a back it needs to be <5.0 electronically timed. The best way to work on speed is to sign up for the track team and run.

Cybergenics...it's bomb! lucia316's Avatar
    lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) lucia316 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by sowilson View Post
    you will play where the coach put's you. Participate in your schools strength and conditioning program (usually heavy lifting during the winter, more power and GPP work during the summer). If you want to be a back then get extra coaching this summer for playing running back, but you'll probably play line, so work on those skills too. BTW a 6.0 40 is slow. If you want to be a back it needs to be <5.0 electronically timed. The best way to work on speed is to sign up for the track team and run.
    You're not going to get any much better advice than this OP. I'd only add that if you truly want to play FB, talk with your coach about what you'd need to improve upon to have a shot there. I'd suggest you do this after you've done the above and after your coach has seen you putting in the work and effort to improve.
    "I'm pretty sure your wrong, but care to elaborate..."

Retired account

TheFugitive, Manwittaplan, and ILPump are all the same guy...socktastic

TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10) TSG23 has a little shameless behaviour in the past. (-10)
    As someone already said the best and only attitude you can have is to play where the coach puts you. Football is a team sport and the team comes first. Contribute in any way you can even if that's playing on the line. With that being said, hit the squats hard, keep benching and dead lifting and work on putting on muscle then losing fat. Have fun and good luck man.