RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Re-run cycle or apply linear progression

Hey guys, so I lost quite a bit of strength after getting sick, 10kg off my bench and 12kg off my squat. So the question is, is it better to try doing linear progression to go back to my old strength (say 3x5 and add 2,5kgs every week) or just run the program I was running and see how I progress? It seems to me that taking 6 weeks to add a couple of kgs is a lot of time, and maybe I can get stronger with LP.
    btw my bench max rn is 210lb/95kg and squat 110kg/242lb
    pr's as of 13/02/2018 and goals to accomplish before 2019

bench 215lb 3x3, 2x2 -------> 225lb 3x5
    squat 270lb x 1 ------> 315lb x1
    deadlift 335lb x1 -------> 405lb x1
    ohp 130lb 2x6--------> 140lb x 5

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Continue with your same program, your strength should come back pretty quickly if you had a decent program.
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50) shawnrc will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you should continuebwith the program you were running in the first place. You would end up switching anyway if you did L.P. to the program you were doing. Just stick with the program.

After being sick it is normal to he slightly down from where you were at. Just take it slow and build back up. There is no point in trying to rush it, as you will see better results in the long term.

What program where you using anyway?
    Max/goal
    Paused bench 305/325
    Squats 410/415
    Deadlift 495/500
    Overhead BB press 185/225

RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10) RiceAddict is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by shawnrc View Post
    you should continuebwith the program you were running in the first place. You would end up switching anyway if you did L.P. to the program you were doing. Just stick with the program.

After being sick it is normal to he slightly down from where you were at. Just take it slow and build back up. There is no point in trying to rush it, as you will see better results in the long term.

What program where you using anyway?

Candito 6 week upper/lower program.