Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417

Thread: Few questions!

JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) JMadd8 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Few questions!

I’m currently a beginner and doing a 5x5 programme to start gaining strength. It was easy at first but now I feel almost like I’ve reached like a upper limit on my lifts where it’s starting to feel extremely heavy, how can I overcome this and keep progressing as my progress is no longer going to be linear, it may be a week before I’m able to add 1.25kg to each side of the bar.

Many programmes for beginners such as ICF 5x5 say progress should be linear until you reach certain numbers, like a 225 bench, but I just don’t see how that’s going to be possible for a 110lbs 16 year old like myself.

I see many you tubers who took months and months and months, maybe even a year and more to reach these numbers and can’t see how I’m going to be able to reach them in mere months like the program says

Also, when I do squats I don’t particularly feel my quadriceps muscles working, only my hamstrings and glutes and lower back, do you know why this is, I’m sure I’m going deep enough so that my hamstrings are parallel to the floor on most reps.

Also when I do barbell rows, I don’t feel much back activation compared to when I do the dumbbell variation where I feel my back aching the next day, any answer as to why this may be either?

17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) 17mahmoods is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Follow the progression protocol of the program. You don't add weight when you think you will be able to hit it next session, you add it every session. There is a reason why there are deload protocols.

Start eating more. At 110lb you have lots of room to gain weight unless you are like 4ft tall.

youtubers are people with elite genetics, if they had crappy genetics and made **** progress, they wouldn't be famous and you wouldn't ever come across them.

Post form vids you could just be using bad form. Also not feeling a muscle doesn't necessarily mean it's not being worked.
    Texas Method Log *https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173755621*

Program spreadsheet **https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/14MPWVNPbfmfkuoTMDaGih3pbM2-KQHZuSjcJPuwVE9c/edit?usp=sharing**

FMH Crew Little Beast