Reply
Results 1 to 13 of 13
  1. #1
    Registered User ICareSometimes's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 38
    Rep Power: 0
    ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ICareSometimes is offline

    Why am I not making any progress physically?

    God damn it. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm sick of ****ty workout sessions, tired of having to wait for equipment, and having no time left because of the gym. I'm 15, 5'11 and weigh 158lbs. I started going to the gym back in October hoping to do a bulk. I've been doing Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 and I'm not making hardly any progress. I look the same, and out of the past months, I've made little progress. I've been eating more (whole foods and that) and NOTHING is happening. I hate lifting light weights. Like I'm only lifting 180lbs for my deadlifts. That's BAD for deadlifting!

    My benchpress... Is embarrassing. Girls can literally lift more! ****ing hate it. I'm done. I hate how I look, I'm skinny fat but have massive ****ing thighs. I've only gained a few pounds ever since the bulk! I should be progressing fast in terms of weights but I'm not. Maybe I have bad form, but even with bad form I should be progressing faster than I am now. I mean I've seen people deadlift heavy with pretty bad form. I've watched every single ****ing tutorial on all these lifts. When I deadlift I STILL **** up my back, when I bench I don't feel like I'm engaging my chest and I when I squat the bar refuses to sit on my traps! I have to hold most the weight with my arms FFS.

    I envy you people. You have a system. It works. For me, I feel lost... Fat and weak. Now I'm afraid of doing a cut and not losing weight or losing the little progress I've made. God I've ****ed up. I've wasted SO MUCH TIME. GONE! whyyyyyyy. I feel the ****tiest when I lye down in bed and I lean my head against the backboard, because that's when all the fat on my body comes together.

    I don't know why I'm posting this. I look the same, feel the same and am the same. I need help but I don't know what I need it for.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
    Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Verified Aesthetic rhadam's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2009
    Posts: 34,602
    Rep Power: 249435
    rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    rhadam is offline
    Maybe if you complained a bit more it would help.
    USAF
    LEO
    Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Registered User CommitmentRulz's Avatar
    Join Date: Mar 2017
    Location: United States
    Age: 59
    Posts: 4,670
    Rep Power: 34955
    CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) CommitmentRulz has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    CommitmentRulz is offline
    In the picture (link below), you were 155 pounds (in November). You were skin and bones. You now say you weigh 158. You are not making progress because you are not eating. (There may be other issues, like a crappy workout, no consistency, poor sleep... From your picture, I'm not certain that you have hit puberty yet.)

    https://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/p...imes/103881564
    Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    Registered User JeffCompass's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Location: United States
    Posts: 354
    Rep Power: 401
    JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    JeffCompass is offline
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Maybe if you complained a bit more it would help.
    Lmao

    OP I guarantee that your not eating enough for size. What are your calories/meal plans and how accurately do you measure them? Do you use food scales or estimate? Be honest.
    Never Stop :)
    Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Gettin' yucky by 10 StrawberryMixer's Avatar
    Join Date: Sep 2016
    Age: 22
    Posts: 898
    Rep Power: 697
    StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    StrawberryMixer is offline
    Progress takes time.

    Most common cause for lack of progress is an insufficient diet (not hitting the daily macros)
    Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    Registered User Vaypah's Avatar
    Join Date: Nov 2017
    Location: Australia
    Age: 17
    Posts: 116
    Rep Power: 160
    Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Vaypah is offline
    You say you are eating a lot, would you mind sharing the amount of calories you consume on an average day?
    17 Years Old / 67kg, started working out June 2017.

    Current 1RMs:
    Bench: 95kg/210lbs
    Squat: 120kg/264lbs
    Deadlift: 140kg/308lbs

    Total: 335kg/740lbs
    Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    Above average Junsuiakai's Avatar
    Join Date: Feb 2016
    Location: Poland
    Age: 33
    Posts: 5,190
    Rep Power: 20794
    Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Junsuiakai has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Junsuiakai is offline
    You can't fuel a Machine without.... Fuel?
    FS/ S/ OHP/ B/ DL
    120/150/70/100/180 =KG

    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=173620211&page=138 go here if you want an estimation on your bf%
    Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Registered User CidBone's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Age: 28
    Posts: 232
    Rep Power: 307
    CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    CidBone is offline
    Bad sessions + Amount of time you've put in + Bad form/technique + Bad attitude towards the journey + Excuses = Bad results.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone
    Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Registered User ICareSometimes's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Location: United Kingdom (Great Britain)
    Posts: 38
    Rep Power: 0
    ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    ICareSometimes is offline
    Originally Posted by JeffCompass View Post
    Lmao

    OP I guarantee that your not eating enough for size. What are your calories/meal plans and how accurately do you measure them? Do you use food scales or estimate? Be honest.
    No I do not use food scales, and I was using the my fitness pal app which told me to consume 2700 calories a day if I wanted to gain weight. My calorie intake would be that by the end of the day but during the mornings through lunch I was only consuming like 500 calories, then I ended up having meals that gave a lot more after the gym. Now that I think about it, I don't think I was consuming up to 2700 because I was told to just eat more carbs, etc as it can be overwhelming and so I did. I don't know what to do anymore though.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."
    Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    Registered User JeffCompass's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Location: United States
    Posts: 354
    Rep Power: 401
    JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    JeffCompass is offline
    Originally Posted by ICareSometimes View Post
    No I do not use food scales, and I was using the my fitness pal app which told me to consume 2700 calories a day if I wanted to gain weight. My calorie intake would be that by the end of the day but during the mornings through lunch I was only consuming like 500 calories, then I ended up having meals that gave a lot more after the gym. Now that I think about it, I don't think I was consuming up to 2700 because I was told to just eat more carbs, etc as it can be overwhelming and so I did. I don't know what to do anymore though.
    Stop worrying about macros at your age and just eat dude. If you’re not eating enough you’re never going to see size. It shouldn’t be that hard, your a teenager.
    Never Stop :)
    Reply With Quote

  11. #11
    Registered User hardgainer57's Avatar
    Join Date: Jan 2018
    Age: 48
    Posts: 267
    Rep Power: 0
    hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57
    hardgainer57 is offline
    Originally Posted by ICareSometimes View Post
    God damn it. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm sick of ****ty workout sessions, tired of having to wait for equipment, and having no time left because of the gym. I'm 15, 5'11 and weigh 158lbs. I started going to the gym back in October hoping to do a bulk. I've been doing Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 and I'm not making hardly any progress. I look the same, and out of the past months, I've made little progress. I've been eating more (whole foods and that) and NOTHING is happening. I hate lifting light weights. Like I'm only lifting 180lbs for my deadlifts. That's BAD for deadlifting!

    My benchpress... Is embarrassing. Girls can literally lift more! ****ing hate it. I'm done. I hate how I look, I'm skinny fat but have massive ****ing thighs. I've only gained a few pounds ever since the bulk! I should be progressing fast in terms of weights but I'm not. Maybe I have bad form, but even with bad form I should be progressing faster than I am now. I mean I've seen people deadlift heavy with pretty bad form. I've watched every single ****ing tutorial on all these lifts. When I deadlift I STILL **** up my back, when I bench I don't feel like I'm engaging my chest and I when I squat the bar refuses to sit on my traps! I have to hold most the weight with my arms FFS.

    I envy you people. You have a system. It works. For me, I feel lost... Fat and weak. Now I'm afraid of doing a cut and not losing weight or losing the little progress I've made. God I've ****ed up. I've wasted SO MUCH TIME. GONE! whyyyyyyy. I feel the ****tiest when I lye down in bed and I lean my head against the backboard, because that's when all the fat on my body comes together.

    I don't know why I'm posting this. I look the same, feel the same and am the same. I need help but I don't know what I need it for.
    eat and always remember no pain no gain
    Reply With Quote

  12. #12
    Registered User Mentaloaf's Avatar
    Join Date: Aug 2014
    Age: 45
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    Mentaloaf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Mentaloaf is offline
    U are def not eating enough, I’d say up to at least 3000 calories...that I as my problem when I was younger, I got frustrated with lifting but now realize I never ate nearly enough...if you’re having trouble eating that much get a weight gainer powder
    Reply With Quote

  13. #13
    Registered User NotAPlane's Avatar
    Join Date: Oct 2017
    Age: 48
    Posts: 24
    Rep Power: 0
    NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    NotAPlane is offline
    Eat more. That's it. Don't worry to much about whole foods, macros and stuff, just focus on eating more, especially dense foods. For you it's probably just getting around the mental barrier you have that's preventing you from eating more. This is pretty obvious in your post where you describe yourself as fat, despite looking like you've been starved for a year straight. Also, 2700 calories isn't enough for a teen, nowhere near enough. Keep in mind that most nutrition advice is directed towards adults. Take bulking and cutting out of your vocabulary. You should be on a pretty constant bulk.
    Reply With Quote

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts