Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)

Why am I not making any progress physically?

God damn it. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm sick of ****ty workout sessions, tired of having to wait for equipment, and having no time left because of the gym. I'm 15, 5'11 and weigh 158lbs. I started going to the gym back in October hoping to do a bulk. I've been doing Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 and I'm not making hardly any progress. I look the same, and out of the past months, I've made little progress. I've been eating more (whole foods and that) and NOTHING is happening. I hate lifting light weights. Like I'm only lifting 180lbs for my deadlifts. That's BAD for deadlifting!

My benchpress... Is embarrassing. Girls can literally lift more! ****ing hate it. I'm done. I hate how I look, I'm skinny fat but have massive ****ing thighs. I've only gained a few pounds ever since the bulk! I should be progressing fast in terms of weights but I'm not. Maybe I have bad form, but even with bad form I should be progressing faster than I am now. I mean I've seen people deadlift heavy with pretty bad form. I've watched every single ****ing tutorial on all these lifts. When I deadlift I STILL **** up my back, when I bench I don't feel like I'm engaging my chest and I when I squat the bar refuses to sit on my traps! I have to hold most the weight with my arms FFS.

I envy you people. You have a system. It works. For me, I feel lost... Fat and weak. Now I'm afraid of doing a cut and not losing weight or losing the little progress I've made. God I've ****ed up. I've wasted SO MUCH TIME. GONE! whyyyyyyy. I feel the ****tiest when I lye down in bed and I lean my head against the backboard, because that's when all the fat on my body comes together.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I look the same, feel the same and am the same. I need help but I don't know what I need it for.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) rhadam has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Maybe if you complained a bit more it would help.
    USAF
    LEO

CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) CommitmentRulz is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    In the picture (link below), you were 155 pounds (in November). You were skin and bones. You now say you weigh 158. You are not making progress because you are not eating. (There may be other issues, like a crappy workout, no consistency, poor sleep... From your picture, I'm not certain that you have hit puberty yet.)

https://bodyspace.bodybuilding.com/p...imes/103881564

JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by rhadam View Post
    Maybe if you complained a bit more it would help.
    Lmao

OP I guarantee that your not eating enough for size. What are your calories/meal plans and how accurately do you measure them? Do you use food scales or estimate? Be honest.
    Never Stop :)

Gettin' yucky by 10 StrawberryMixer's Avatar
    StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500) StrawberryMixer is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Progress takes time.

Most common cause for lack of progress is an insufficient diet (not hitting the daily macros)

Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50) Vaypah will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    You say you are eating a lot, would you mind sharing the amount of calories you consume on an average day?
    16 Years Old / 67kg, started working out April 2017.

See my progress: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCN-movaRCdq_RdpZ9HhMFzA

Current 1RMs:
    Bench: 85kg/187lbs
    Squat: 120kg/264lbs
    Deadlift: 130kg/286lbs

Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000) Junsuiakai is a name known to all. (+5000)
    You can't fuel a Machine without.... Fuel?
    315/245/394
    143/111/179

CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250) CidBone has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Bad sessions + Amount of time you've put in + Bad form/technique + Bad attitude towards the journey + Excuses = Bad results.
    Instagram: @CidBone - Fitness Guidance and Tips. My experiences and version.
    www.instagram.com/cidbone

ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50) ICareSometimes will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by JeffCompass View Post
    Lmao

OP I guarantee that your not eating enough for size. What are your calories/meal plans and how accurately do you measure them? Do you use food scales or estimate? Be honest.
    No I do not use food scales, and I was using the my fitness pal app which told me to consume 2700 calories a day if I wanted to gain weight. My calorie intake would be that by the end of the day but during the mornings through lunch I was only consuming like 500 calories, then I ended up having meals that gave a lot more after the gym. Now that I think about it, I don't think I was consuming up to 2700 because I was told to just eat more carbs, etc as it can be overwhelming and so I did. I don't know what to do anymore though.
    "I see you're drinking 1%. Does that mean you think you're fat? Cause you're not. You could be drinking whole if you wanted to."

JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JeffCompass has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    Originally Posted by ICareSometimes View Post
    No I do not use food scales, and I was using the my fitness pal app which told me to consume 2700 calories a day if I wanted to gain weight. My calorie intake would be that by the end of the day but during the mornings through lunch I was only consuming like 500 calories, then I ended up having meals that gave a lot more after the gym. Now that I think about it, I don't think I was consuming up to 2700 because I was told to just eat more carbs, etc as it can be overwhelming and so I did. I don't know what to do anymore though.
    Stop worrying about macros at your age and just eat dude. If you’re not eating enough you’re never going to see size. It shouldn’t be that hard, your a teenager.
    Never Stop :)

hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57 hardgainer57
    Originally Posted by ICareSometimes View Post
    God damn it. I'm so pissed off right now. I'm sick of ****ty workout sessions, tired of having to wait for equipment, and having no time left because of the gym. I'm 15, 5'11 and weigh 158lbs. I started going to the gym back in October hoping to do a bulk. I've been doing Jason Blaha's ICF 5x5 and I'm not making hardly any progress. I look the same, and out of the past months, I've made little progress. I've been eating more (whole foods and that) and NOTHING is happening. I hate lifting light weights. Like I'm only lifting 180lbs for my deadlifts. That's BAD for deadlifting!

My benchpress... Is embarrassing. Girls can literally lift more! ****ing hate it. I'm done. I hate how I look, I'm skinny fat but have massive ****ing thighs. I've only gained a few pounds ever since the bulk! I should be progressing fast in terms of weights but I'm not. Maybe I have bad form, but even with bad form I should be progressing faster than I am now. I mean I've seen people deadlift heavy with pretty bad form. I've watched every single ****ing tutorial on all these lifts. When I deadlift I STILL **** up my back, when I bench I don't feel like I'm engaging my chest and I when I squat the bar refuses to sit on my traps! I have to hold most the weight with my arms FFS.

I envy you people. You have a system. It works. For me, I feel lost... Fat and weak. Now I'm afraid of doing a cut and not losing weight or losing the little progress I've made. God I've ****ed up. I've wasted SO MUCH TIME. GONE! whyyyyyyy. I feel the ****tiest when I lye down in bed and I lean my head against the backboard, because that's when all the fat on my body comes together.

I don't know why I'm posting this. I look the same, feel the same and am the same. I need help but I don't know what I need it for.
    eat and always remember no pain no gain

Mentaloaf has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    U are def not eating enough, I’d say up to at least 3000 calories...that I as my problem when I was younger, I got frustrated with lifting but now realize I never ate nearly enough...if you’re having trouble eating that much get a weight gainer powder

NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10) NotAPlane is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Eat more. That's it. Don't worry to much about whole foods, macros and stuff, just focus on eating more, especially dense foods. For you it's probably just getting around the mental barrier you have that's preventing you from eating more. This is pretty obvious in your post where you describe yourself as fat, despite looking like you've been starved for a year straight. Also, 2700 calories isn't enough for a teen, nowhere near enough. Keep in mind that most nutrition advice is directed towards adults. Take bulking and cutting out of your vocabulary. You should be on a pretty constant bulk.