Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    ffdd11 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Which split to use?

Hi, because of my time, i can go to the gym only on wednesday, saturday and sunday. Which split should i use? I thought about fullbody, but if i train fullbody on saturday, i cant train on sunday. I though about 2 options:

A- Wednesday: fullbody ; saturday: upper body ; sunday: lower body
    B- 2 muscles per day

Which one do you think is better? do you another distribution to use on that days that is better? Im a begginer, and sorry for my english

Thanks!

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    How about you pick an intermediate program that uses heavy light medium? Then you could do full body.

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    How about you pick an intermediate program that uses heavy light medium? Then you could do full body.
    example?

nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) nightanole is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Originally Posted by ffdd11 View Post
    example?
    https://startingstrength.com/trainin...y-light-medium

just google heavy light medium bill starr to find lots of examples.

https://billstarrr.blogspot.com/2012...ht-medium.html

Originally Posted by nightanole View Post
    just google heavy light medium bill starr to find lots of examples.
    but they are done in non-consecutive days

pay the iron price SuffolkPunch's Avatar
    SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    but they are done in non-consecutive days
    That might be what they say for an ideal case but the point of doing HML is that you can have the medium and light days back to back and it will be fine.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    That might be what they say for an ideal case but the point of doing HML is that you can have the medium and light days back to back and it will be fine.
    Ok, thanks! but the idea if doing fullbody-upper-lower is a bad idea?

Ok, thanks! but the idea if doing fullbody-upper-lower is a bad idea?
    Beginner need high frequency, intermediates need high volume. The point of a push/pull or upper/lower is other wise you would be in the gym for 3 hours if you didnt "split" it up.

Heavy light medium works because heavy wears out your CNS but not metabolically, then while your CNS is recovering you an do volume work and fatigue yourself.