Need Help? Customer Support 1-866-236-8417
    PonceDeLion has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

High volume 4 day split

Hey guys,

Coming back to lifting after a few years off. Have done both SL and more high volume programs in the past. Was looking at All Pro's beginner routine but I think the point is well made that the progress is too slow compared to something like SL, but personally I know my body responds better to volume than intensity for hypertrophy, even under lower load and slower progress. Also I have really short femurs (30 inch inseam on a 5'10" frame) and last time I did SL I kept having to buy new pants and I looked like a cyclist after a couple of months. Plus when I switched programs down the road my brachialis were strong from rows but my biceps were weak from lack of supination.

Anyway I was wondering if it would be somewhat possible to combine the higher volume with the core lift focus and linear loading of SL and run something like this just adding 5lbs to main lifts, 10 for deads, and 2.5 for curls, every workout:

Workout A:
    Squat
    Press
    Deadlift

Workout B:
    Bench
    Row
    Rope Curl

M: Workout A
    T: Workout B
    W: Off
    T: Workout A
    F: Workout B
    S: Off
    S: Off

Now I suppose it would be easier and better to run this on 5x5 to max out CNS gain and then switch out to one of my old periodized workouts but I think I'd gain better on 3x8. Does this make sense or is there a better way to run beginner linear loading with the core lifts? I'm kind of limited because all I have at home is a squat rack and can't make it to an actual gym for the next 3 months.

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Check out GZCLP, it should be pretty much what you're looking for.
    2016: 180/120/200
    2017: 210/140/240
    2018: 240/160/270 ?

Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541