Falc0n has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Megatec Power Rack

Hi guys,

I'm looking at the Megatec Power Rack for a homegym project:
    https://samsfitness.com.au/racks-cag...tec-power-rack

I love the specs, especially the small foot print, but the dip handles seem to angle inward which I find very awkward. Does anyone have experience with this rack they could share? Is it possible to use other/off brand dip handles with this?

I think the rack is 2.5"x2.5" and there doesn't seem to be too many dip attachments that fit that spec. It would be a bummer if you are stuck with the standard handles that come with it.

Registered User Cpl.Girthington's Avatar
    Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000) Cpl.Girthington is just really nice. (+1000)
    There was a "bloke" named Curbside Quiche posting here several years back, who I kinda reckon ran that outfit. They sold lots of powertec, and looks like the megatec line may be an Aussie spinoff from that? If you are in Australia I figure that limits your options, but first look the equipment looks like high end home grade equipment. Anyways, assuming you could contact that company they'd probably tell you about dip accesories. The curbside quiche fellow was super friendly and helpful when he was around here.

gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) gym62richard has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Originally Posted by Cpl.Girthington View Post
    There was a "bloke" named Curbside Quiche posting here several years back, who I kinda reckon ran that outfit. They sold lots of powertec, and looks like the megatec line may be an Aussie spinoff from that? If you are in Australia I figure that limits your options, but first look the equipment looks like high end home grade equipment. Anyways, assuming you could contact that company they'd probably tell you about dip accesories. The curbside quiche fellow was super friendly and helpful when he was around here.
    I don't know the exact history of Megatec, but the Megatec brand is now owned by German company ATX.

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    The Quiche returns!!

Megatec is the child of German company IFS. IFS also make ATX, Barbarian Line, Heavy Duty... IFS used to import Powertec into Germany. IFS wanted Powertec to make changes to their range, plus there were other issues. Many of the changes were things that were discussed on these boards. Powertec dragged the chain and IFS got fed up so made their own range.

So the Megatec rack is very similar to the Powertec rack. They just update to multi grip chin up bar, put on premium j-hooks & made the hole spacing 50mm. Plus their lat option is very well engineered so it is a lot simpler design. Therefore offers same performance at less. German engineering.

The dip handles are identical to Powertec, plus the same style as used on the Barbarian Line cages - https://samsfitness.com.au/barbarian...ial-power-cage - combined sales of these rack is massive so this dip handle has stood the test of time.

Angled dip handles are actually preferable as it gives you the opportunity to vary your width. The wall mounted dip handles - https://samsfitness.com.au/wall-mounted-dip-bars plus their soon to be released dip station both have the angle.

I would just like to add that Powertec still make great quality equipment, that is why I still import them into Australia. But as our American brothers know it is getting a bit steep with pricing over there as they are maintaining a pricing structure to support the dealers. Powertec are getting their range made out of a commercial factory and the finish is 2nd to none these days. Probably too good for home use, hence the price.

Megatec also comes out of a factory that makes commercial equipment. Like everything the Germans just have amazing design skills, here is their latest effort - https://samsfitness.com.au/smith-cab...m-stack-weight - although this is obviously time consuming to build, it is just fascinating seeing how they have put it all together.

As always if you have any questions just let me know

Registered User eddiegoodfellar's Avatar
    eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000) eddiegoodfellar is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by Curbside_Quiche View Post
    The Quiche returns!!

Megatec is the child of German company IFS. IFS also make ATX, Barbarian Line, Heavy Duty... IFS used to import Powertec into Germany. IFS wanted Powertec to make changes to their range, plus there were other issues. Many of the changes were things that were discussed on these boards. Powertec dragged the chain and IFS got fed up so made their own range.

So the Megatec rack is very similar to the Powertec rack. They just update to multi grip chin up bar, put on premium j-hooks & made the hole spacing 50mm. Plus their lat option is very well engineered so it is a lot simpler design. Therefore offers same performance at less. German engineering.

The dip handles are identical to Powertec, plus the same style as used on the Barbarian Line cages - https://samsfitness.com.au/barbarian...ial-power-cage - combined sales of these rack is massive so this dip handle has stood the test of time.

Angled dip handles are actually preferable as it gives you the opportunity to vary your width. The wall mounted dip handles - https://samsfitness.com.au/wall-mounted-dip-bars plus their soon to be released dip station both have the angle.

I would just like to add that Powertec still make great quality equipment, that is why I still import them into Australia. But as our American brothers know it is getting a bit steep with pricing over there as they are maintaining a pricing structure to support the dealers. Powertec are getting their range made out of a commercial factory and the finish is 2nd to none these days. Probably too good for home use, hence the price.

Megatec also comes out of a factory that makes commercial equipment. Like everything the Germans just have amazing design skills, here is their latest effort - https://samsfitness.com.au/smith-cab...m-stack-weight - although this is obviously time consuming to build, it is just fascinating seeing how they have put it all together.

As always if you have any questions just let me know
    Why the hell don't you sell this in North America
    https://samsfitness.com.au/single-st...d-lat-pulldown

I thought we were Commonwealth friends......

Registered User Curbside_Quiche's Avatar
    Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000) Curbside_Quiche is just really nice. (+1000)
    Originally Posted by eddiegoodfellar View Post
    Why the hell don't you sell this in North America
    https://samsfitness.com.au/single-st...d-lat-pulldown

I thought we were Commonwealth friends......
    Indeed we are! Unfortunately IFS is a German company and they are struggling to keep up with European demand. The owner would obviously love to sell to North America - we got loads of inquiries from over there - but it would a very big move. So he doesn't want to compromise the quality and service by tackling such a big expansion at the moment.

Sadly gym equipment is so expensive to ship between countries.

At least you guys now know what us Aussies feel like when look at what all you North Americans have at your finger tips! We are normally the ones missing out.