domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

what program would you recommend based on these lifts?

Hello Everyone,

It's been approximately 1 year since I started Fierce 5 (First ~3 months beginner program, then intermediate). I'm 180 cm and 77 kg and my lifts are:

DB bench press 26 kg each 4x7
    Squat 4x5 100 kg
    Deadlift 4x5 115 kg
    Overhead press 45 kg 4x5

As you can see, the numbers aren't that big, which is most likely due to a couple cutting phases in the progress. Also was stalling for quite some time, tried deloading, but that barely helped. Now I want to switch my routine for the sake of variety and see how that can improve my strength and physique. I already looked at the programs listed at the forum of this thread, but looking for more options to choose from. Looking for something that mixes strength and muscle building or focuses only on strength. I was thinking Ice Cream Fitness program. Any other suggestions/opinions?

P.S. Would like to mention that my nutrition is pretty on point so I don't think that could be the reason I progressed slowly.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    is there a particular reason why you DB Bench instead of barbell?

domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) domasikas has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by sooby View Post
    is there a particular reason why you DB Bench instead of barbell?
    I figured it would be more effective for me as I don't have wide shoulders. Besides I feel my chest work so much better using dumbbells and it always has a nice ache after the workout

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    You could still benefit from novice progression for a while I expect. If you have had enough of Fierce 5, try something like TheVikings routine.

sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) sooby has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by domasikas View Post
    I figured it would be more effective for me as I don't have wide shoulders. Besides I feel my chest work so much better using dumbbells and it always has a nice ache after the workout
    your numbers are still relatively novice so I would choose a novice program from the stickies

or look up other novice programs like ICF, GZCL, Greyskull LP, etc and pick one you like

But the question is, will I benefit more from a novice program or from an intermediate program with these numbers? Or will I see the same results either way, just the novice program is gonna be 'easier' or will take less to complete in a week?

JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    I’d stay novice and use barbell for bench and OH presses. Much easier to add weight and can lift more weight with a barbell. I made the same mistake in the beginning too. I was working out forever with 75 pound DBs (150lb) vs 185 on barbell Bench when I made the switch. Now I’m at 225 on bench with my 5x5. Good luck.
    Jon - South Texas
    5’9” @ 199lb
    Deleting the ‘Dad Bod’ one set at a time!

FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) FaIIen is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    But the question is, will I benefit more from a novice program or from an intermediate program with these numbers? Or will I see the same results either way, just the novice program is gonna be 'easier' or will take less to complete in a week?
    It's the other way around - the novice proram will be harder due to aggressive progression and high relative intensity. I'd die if I tried squatting 5x5 two to three times a week at max effort.
    Log: https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=175660541

Originally Posted by FaIIen View Post
    It's the other way around - the novice proram will be harder due to aggressive progression and high relative intensity. I'd die if I tried squatting 5x5 two to three times a week at max effort.
    Exactly. That's how I feel and I'm afraid I won't be able to give my best due to me working physical work on weekend nights and generally moving a lot

Originally Posted by JonM81x View Post
    I’d stay novice and use barbell for bench and OH presses. Much easier to add weight and can lift more weight with a barbell. I made the same mistake in the beginning too. I was working out forever with 75 pound DBs (150lb) vs 185 on barbell Bench when I made the switch. Now I’m at 225 on bench with my 5x5. Good luck.
    But that's exactly why I switched to dumbbells. I always had a problem with a bar and couldn't progress properly, even when lowering the weight, so I decided to switch to dumbbells to target my chest better

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    Exactly. That's how I feel and I'm afraid I won't be able to give my best due to me working physical work on weekend nights and generally moving a lot
    I'm not sure what to make of it being both too easy and too hard.

In either case you are going to have to push yourself to make progress. This is what people achieve your lifts in 2-3 months do.

Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    I'm not sure what to make of it being both too easy and too hard.

In either case you are going to have to push yourself to make progress. This is what people achieve your lifts in 2-3 months do.
    Well this makes me even more sad. I am working hard, my nutrition is is pretty good and I'm strict about it, yet, according to you, I barely made any progress.

Anyways, I know I need to put in hard work, I do that now. Yet my results aren't good and I know that myself. That is why I want to change a program to see how will that affect my gains

Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000) Ben0090 is a name known to all. (+5000)
    Why exactly do you feel like you have an issue with using a barbell for bench pressing?
    FMH Crew resident manlet

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Well this makes me even more sad. I am working hard, my nutrition is is pretty good and I'm strict about it, yet, according to you, I barely made any progress.

Anyways, I know I need to put in hard work, I do that now. Yet my results aren't good and I know that myself. That is why I want to change a program to see how will that affect my gains
    Then just go ahead and change to something else. If the cause for your current lack of satisfaction with your gains is due to your current program, it will then soon become obvious, as it also will if it's an 'effort' issue.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733

Originally Posted by ironwill2008 View Post
    Then just go ahead and change to something else. If the cause for your current lack of satisfaction with your gains is due to your current program, it will then soon become obvious, as it also will if it's an 'effort' issue.
    Yes. That is why the whole thread was about giving recommendations on what kind of program to choose besides the ones listed in the forum

ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz ironwill2008 has the mod powerz
    Yes. That is why the whole thread was about giving recommendations on what kind of program to choose besides the ones listed in the forum
    I don't generally recommend anything not found in the stickies at the top of this forum. The vast majority of well-structured programs for beginners-to-intermediates are all pretty much alike anyway.
    No brain, no gain.

"The fitness and nutrition world is a breeding ground for obsessive-compulsive behavior. The irony is that many of the things people worry about have no impact on results either way, and therefore aren't worth an ounce of concern."--Alan Aragon

Where the mind goes, the body follows.

Ironwill Gym:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showpost.php?p=629719403&postcount=3388

Ironwill2008 Journal:
    https://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=157459343&p=1145168733