4Me2017 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

About to start Fierce 5 - looking for advice

Hi All,

I've been doing a bit of ****arounditis for the last 6-8 months for various reasons and am finally able to settle into doing a dedicated novice program. Fierce 5 looks like something i can take on with more consistency. I'll be incorporating some glute work (bridges, etc) but is there anything else you would recommend adding in for a good base, and why?

TIA

chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) chamelious is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    For optimal results:

Follow the program as its written and don't assume you know better.
    My band: www.thesunexplodes.com

Originally Posted by chamelious View Post
    For optimal results:

Follow the program as its written and don't assume you know better.
    Thanks for the response, but don't know how i gave the impression that i know better if i'm asking for advice on any additional exercises? Not sure if you're trolling or your response was just being 'generic'.
    In any case, so you're aware, my research on Fierce 5 for any additional exercises came up with the program creator confirming that glute exercises could be added. My question was to ensure i was covering all bases and hadn't missed anything else that would be recommended by those that have completed the program.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    He's saying that because new lifters tend to undermine programs. The program is perfect as is for someone starting out, and if you want glute focus, follow Strong Curves instead. Either way, programs are written the way they are because they work. Someone who's been lifting for many, many years and understands proper programming can adjust a simpler program, because they're at a different point in their lifting. Someone who's new doesn't need to bring up certain areas, and likely won't add to the program in a productive way.

He's not trolling, follow the program as is.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

No worries Luna, thanks for the response, have you done Fierce 5? I looked into strong curves awhile ago (been lurking this site awhile now) and it wasn’t right for me (don’t get me wrong, I’m not ****ting on it, I gave it a shot but it came down to the time factor).
    Anyhow, thanks again for the response.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Not personally no, it is a good looking program though, and I know it's a pretty popular choice. It may take a few tries to find one that you enjoy doing, but do make sure that you give a program a good chance first. Changing too frequently can make it more difficult to make progress.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

Originally Posted by LunaLifts View Post
    Not personally no, it is a good looking program though, and I know it's a pretty popular choice. It may take a few tries to find one that you enjoy doing, but do make sure that you give a program a good chance first. Changing too frequently can make it more difficult to make progress.
    No worries. Yeah, it looks quite balanced. And being 3 days a week I can move workout days around when i need to and cover the large muscle groups should i not be able to meet the usual schedule (my schedule isn't exactly predictable at the moment unfortunately).
    Thanks again - all the best.