gigi890 is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Should I do Starting Strength even if it's not designed to achieve my long term goals

*Decided to repost here for advice from other girls*
    Hi everyone! I started reading consistently about weightlifting, nutrition, fitness, etc on December last year. Mainly because I wanted to have a clear understanding of all the basics before going into the gym and also to reduce the risk of getting my shoulder more ****ed up. At first I thought I would build my own routine based on what I have learned but after reading several threads here about the importance of begginer routines and how I don't know **** I've *convinced* myself to start with one these. However after reading that these programs main goal is to build strength I'm not so sure. My main goal is aesthetic, Hypertrophy or however you call it. I want to grow my legs and nonexistent butt along with a balanced upper body. Strength takes a second place. I'm not dying to be able to squat 400 lbs, I just don't want to be as weak as I am. I'll probably be more than happy once I'm able to do 5 pull ups in a row lol.

So should I take advantage of the "noob gains" on a program like SS or should I take advantage of them on a begginer program that's more related to my goals?

If this is relevant somehow:

Female, 17 years old. Probably around 46 kg. Never have been over 50kg. Skinny fat? No athletic background and completely out of shape due to been sedentary my whole life. Bad flexibility and mobility. Anterior pelvic tilt and hips that crack lol.
    Last edited by gigi890; 02-12-2018 at 01:30 PM.

LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) LunaLifts has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    You can build mass in any rep range, as long as you're eating to support growth, and training to intensity (i.e. last rep is the last rep you can do with proper form). You can start on a routine like SS (there are other recommendations in the stickies, but like I said you'll make progress on any), and eat at maintenance and see how your body responds with the newbie gains over the next 3-6 months.
    PRs: 95lbs/126lbs/212lbs
    Next Goals: 100lbs/150lbs/215lbs

gigi890 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Thank you!!

katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000) katya422 has a reputation beyond repute. Second best rank possible! (+100000)
    Originally Posted by gigi890 View Post
    *Decided to repost here for advice from other girls*
    Hi everyone! I started reading consistently about weightlifting, nutrition, fitness, etc on December last year. Mainly because I wanted to have a clear understanding of all the basics before going into the gym and also to reduce the risk of getting my shoulder more ****ed up. At first I thought I would build my own routine based on what I have learned but after reading several threads here about the importance of begginer routines and how I don't know **** I've *convinced* myself to start with one these. However after reading that these programs main goal is to build strength I'm not so sure. My main goal is aesthetic, Hypertrophy or however you call it. I want to grow my legs and nonexistent butt along with a balanced upper body. Strength takes a second place. I'm not dying to be able to squat 400 lbs, I just don't want to be as weak as I am. I'll probably be more than happy once I'm able to do 5 pull ups in a row lol.

So should I take advantage of the "noob gains" on a program like SS or should I take advantage of them on a begginer program that's more related to my goals?

If this is relevant somehow:

Female, 17 years old. Probably around 46 kg. Never have been over 50kg. Skinny fat? No athletic background and completely out of shape due to been sedentary my whole life. Bad flexibility and mobility. Anterior pelvic tilt and hips that crack lol.
    Just based on the bold points you might be happier with Strong Curves. More of a focus on lower body development vs. strength and it isn't all about BB compounds so may be an easier place to start if you have flexibility/mobility issues.
    INTP Crew
    Inattentive ADD Crew
    Mom That Miscs Crew

husband, father, trainer KyleAaron's Avatar
    KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000) KyleAaron is just really nice. (+1000)
    Build a base. You're 46kg, main thing for you will be eating lots of good food, and the natural growth a person's body has in going from 17yo to 21yo. SS helps you build a base, thus the name: starting strength.