Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Quick question on my Macros

Sorry for the spamming but I really want to get in to the shape I use to be... when I was 19 lol. I am ready to take dieting a lot more serious than I ever have before because I don't have the same strong metabolism as I once did.

Little bit about myself, I weigh 198 pounds, I am 27 years old, 5'11" tall and my goal in 3 months is to drop about 12 pounds of fat off me, drop about 3.5-4.5% body fat and get a little bit more muscle. Right now, muscle is not my biggest concern, it is more losing of the fat and bf%.
    Some people really helped me understand a lot of this dieting stuff. Some people broaden my horizons. Last post I did, a guy helped me figure out how many carbs I can consume a day. My number is 214g of carbs.

I downloaded Myfitnesspal and put it a diet that I could easily do, not get tired of and reasonable. Only thing that is bothering me about what I wrote down is...

1. My carbs are 245g which is 31g more than what I should be at, wondering if that is a big and significant difference and is that okay?

2. My fat is 57g and it should be 76g which is 19g less. Is that too much of a significant difference?

It breaks it down to being 39% carbs, 20% fat and 41% protein. Just trying to give as much information about my diet as possible so ya'll can help me with the little dents in it, if they are considered to be dents and what should I change about it?

SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz SuffolkPunch has the mod powerz
    This is not like hitting a bullseye with a sniper rifle, it's more like hitting a barn door with a shotgun

It doesn't matter if your macros are out and the percentages are irrelevant. Recommendations are just guesses and usually have a built in margin of error. You should vary what you eat anyway - for sanity as well as to avoid deficiencies.

I don't even measure carb/fat. Just ballpark calories and protein grams. Just don't actively seek out low fat foods all the time and you'll be fine inside the context of a sane diet.

Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0) Rd15 has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)
    Originally Posted by SuffolkPunch View Post
    This is not like hitting a bullseye with a sniper rifle, it's more like hitting a barn door with a shotgun

It doesn't matter if your macros are out and the percentages are irrelevant. Recommendations are just guesses and usually have a built in margin of error. You should vary what you eat anyway - for sanity as well as to avoid deficiencies.

I don't even measure carb/fat. Just ballpark calories and protein grams. Just don't actively seek out low fat foods all the time and you'll be fine inside the context of a sane diet.
    Okay, I am going to stick to the diet I wrote up for a week or two, no changes just to get in to routine. If I get bored with it, oh well. I have to get my foot on the right path and dip my feet in the water before I start swimming.

Thank you so much for the feedback!