PeteTidal has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Home workout possibilities?

I have no equipment or anything. So if I just do squats, push ups, sit ups, crunches and all of the others daily, what will actually happen to my body? I don't have an unhealthy body right now, I am just a bit thin. I would really appreciate anyone's shared experiences and how doing things like this improved their body or made any difference. I do exercise kind of regularly, I am on a rowing team which I train with 2-3 days a week and I try to go on a bike ride at least 3 days of the week too. But from that my body is staying in the same place, I have some muscle from rowing but I want to seriously improve. Any help would be great! Also, do I need to have a special diet or anything? I am male, 23, 6 foot 2, slim/average body.

hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50) hittmanlevi will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Originally Posted by PeteTidal View Post
    So if I just do squats, push ups, sit ups, crunches and all of the others daily, what will actually happen to my body?
    You will get stronger and add muscle if you do enough of them for a long enough time, using weights would of course be better and faster but using body weight many people have had get results

Originally Posted by PeteTidal View Post
    do I need to have a special diet or anything?
    Eat more protein and vegetables than you are now, less junk food than you are now.

If you want to gain weight eat at a caloric surplus
    If you want to lose weight eat at a caloric deficit
    If you want to maintain eat at your caloric maintenance.

merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000) merl227 is just really nice. (+1000)
    Look on youtube 'calisthenics workouts'.

If you are 23 years old I am assuming you have a job. Go on your local used ads and pickup some dumbbells at the very least. You can find used gym equipment for dirt cheap. Until then... A lot of pushups. Do push ups until you can't do them anymore. And do different variations.

You probably have a local park... go to the park and get on the monkey bards and do some pull ups or chin ups. If you can't do either then do negatives. If you want to "seriously improve" you'll find a way to workout. Wether it be getting a cheap gym membership, taking up calisthenics, or buying used gym equipment for home. Where there is a will, there is a way.

zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10) zbashore is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Honestly, your saving yourself tons of money by not having to pay a membership...i get the same results with those type of equipment...good luck
    [no advertising external sites please]

rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50) rsneha will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    you can gym at home

squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10) squatsbrahhh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by merl227 View Post
    Look on youtube 'calisthenics workouts'.

If you are 23 years old I am assuming you have a job. Go on your local used ads and pickup some dumbbells at the very least. You can find used gym equipment for dirt cheap. Until then... A lot of pushups. Do push ups until you can't do them anymore. And do different variations.

You probably have a local park... go to the park and get on the monkey bards and do some pull ups or chin ups. If you can't do either then do negatives. If you want to "seriously improve" you'll find a way to workout. Wether it be getting a cheap gym membership, taking up calisthenics, or buying used gym equipment for home. Where there is a will, there is a way.
    This when I was young and started lifting I found a cheap weight set online and done dumbbell workouts from home. I made good progress that’s how I got all my noob gains.

mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50) mgd24601 will become famous soon enough. (+50)
    Best thing I've ever done was cancel gym membership and gym at home. Saves tons of time and I'm in my best shape since high school. Here's what I do:

Handstand push-ups (on two stools, leaning slightly against wall
    one-arm push-ups
    planche-ups (push-ups with hands by waist)
    Pistol squats (one-legged squats)
    Pull-ups
    ab wheel
    hill sprints;

I may invest in a weight vest soon but that will be it. No, I'm not in competition shape but it keeps me quite healthy.

neo111 is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Man if you dont have money for real gym find one bar and 2 big cans, fill them with something heavy rocks or something and place them on sides on the bar and you have barbell. For bench find one board and place it on bricks and you have bench. With cans filled with rocks (or something heavy) you can do every muscle on body.
    Last edited by neo111; 06-24-2018 at 12:20 PM.

cjkirton is on a distinguished road. (+10)

Cheap gym equipment alternatives

This website sells cheap gym equipment alternatives? Might be worth checking it out?

tiny.cc/FITNESSFIRST

hocaokhanh is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    You can use Resistance Tube. Ideal for upper and lower body workouts focused on pulling and pushing exercises
    Improves overall power, strength and flexibility