iamnelsonwong has no reputation, good or bad yet. (0)

Exclamation Weight Training x2 a week for Cheerleading, need help.

I'm a base for my local cheerleading team. I usually visit the gym almost 5 times a week before cheerleading literally forced me to augment how often I go.

My current plan:

Monday: Cheer practise
    Tuesday: Rest (Core training + cardio)
    Wednesday : Cheer practise
    Thursday: Upper Body
    Friday: Lower Body
    Saturday: Cheer practise (tumbling)
    Sunday: Rest (Core training + cardio)

Upper Body:
    1. Chest Press 12-15 reps, 3 sets
    2. Dumbell Chest Press 12-15 reps, 3 sets
    3. Shoulder Press with hold 3 reps, 4 sets
    4. Close Grip Pulldown/ Pull Up 12 reps, 3 sets
    5. Dumbell Row 12 reps, 4 sets
    6. Standing Bicep Curl, Bodyweight Dips 12 reps, superset

Lower Body:
    1. Hamstring Curl 12 reps, 3 sets
    2. Leg Press 12-15 reps, 4 sets
    3. Calf Raises 15 reps, 4 sets
    4. Front Squats 8-12 reps, 4 sets
    5. Bulgarian Split Squats 12 reps, 3 sets

I now can only visit the gym twice a week, or I'll get too exhausted for cheer practise.
    I train my core 4-6 times a week, I follow Jeff Cavaliere "Hour a Week Ab Workout".
    I train it on Tuesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday.

I personally feel going to the gym twice a week is totally not enough. Is there another workout or workaround I can do to keep up my strength? Much appreciated help. Thank you

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    Are you making any progress with the upper/lower 1x a week you're doing now?

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    Are you making any progress with the upper/lower 1x a week you're doing now?
    It's been really slow actually. I honestly think I need to train it more to see significant increase in strength. But my schedule is too tight

grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) grouchyjarhead has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    It is. You could try a full body on Thursday and Sunday, thus doubling what you hit on a regular basis. Basically....

Thursday: Full Body Strength Training
    Friday: Rest (Core training + cardio)
    Sunday: Full Body Strength Training

I would make one of those days a complete rest too, just to give your body a break before it breaks.

Originally Posted by grouchyjarhead View Post
    It is. You could try a full body on Thursday and Sunday, thus doubling what you hit on a regular basis. Basically....

Thursday: Full Body Strength Training
    Friday: Rest (Core training + cardio)
    Sunday: Full Body Strength Training

I would make one of those days a complete rest too, just to give your body a break before it breaks.
    Hmm I will try this out. I tend to avoid any strength training a day before practise or I'll get too sore to do anything. But thanks for the tip, will test it out and see the results!