MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)

NECK AND SHOULDER PAIN? after shoulder workouts? HEADACHES?

Im 27 years old and I realize for past year if I do shoulders I get very stiff neck 3-6 hours post with soreness/pain around neck.sometimes feel it on left side of shoulder blade or around the blade. sometimes tension headaches also. never had this issue so I stopped doing shoulders and I don't really have the issue anymore as much. I did shoulders after 9 months and still happened the other day. but if it wasn't for shoulder I move my neck without pain all day everyday...... I already have a herniated disc in my l5-s1 but I have no idea what this could be and how to be prevented or if anyone can relate?

please guys ur advice would really be useful at this point. Thanks

MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank) MrGeo120 is the lowest scum of the boards. (Worst Rank)
    bump

JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250) JonM81x has a spectacular aura about. (+250)
    L5-S1 isn’t causing that. Have you had a neck x-ray/mri? What are you doing for shoulder workouts?
    Jon - South Texas
    5’9” @ 199lb
    Deleting the ‘Dad Bod’ one set at a time!

no mri, I hope to god not another disc in neck now!

went to Chiro and he adjusted it but doesn't seem like disc, but damn I would be really mad if disc in neck because I already have one in my lower back l5-s1 herniation and my life sucks with that as it is.

it seems to come post workout like stiff neck and run through blades. not pain or where I can't fuction but deff. bothers me behind head and through blades depending on workout.

Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) Get-n-fit has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)
    How long does the soreness last? Does it go away in a day or 2? Are you going heavy on shoulders?
    Lift light until you can lift right

BW 220: S:650 B:435 D:615 IG: tourostrengthtraining

well it last a day max, and no not too heavy on shoulders

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Hey,

Probably unrelated to L5-S1. It is common for neck pain to refer to the shoulder blade. In my experience, shoulder blade pain is usually more related to the neck than it is to the shoulder.

It's easy to strain the neck while working out the shoulders. I have admittedly strained my neck while working out my shoulders several times.

Postural exercises will be beneficial for you in addition to strengthening the shoulder blade.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

like what?

DrMarcPT is on a distinguished road. (+10)
    Originally Posted by MrGeo120 View Post
    like what?
    I's, T's, Y's are great to strengthen the shoulder blade. These exercises target to lower trapezius and middle trapezius.

Any planking type of exercise is great to strengthen the serratus anterior muscle which can help with shoulder stability.

As far as your neck is concerned that would require an assessment.
    To your health,

Marc Robinson, PT, DPT, Cert. MDT
    Physical Therapist/Co-founder of Evercorelife.com

I heard its most likely a neck disc