necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Betancourt Nutrition LEAN GAINZ!

Betancourt Nutrition LEAN GAINZ

I was given a full tub of Betancourt Nutrition's LEAN GAINZ to log thanks to BB2K.

Flavor : Chocolate Brownie

I'll be giving three updates a week. Starting with today. Each day I'll try new things with it to test out it's consistency with taste and texture. I'll also be listing my starting stats as of today. Once the tub is fully consumed I'll list my end states. My current meal plan will stay the same as will my workout regimen. That way this shake will be the only new addition which I'll gladly welcome as I am always on the run. A liquid calorie shake will be great.

Here's some honesty to start off with no bull.

Looking at the profile I am impressed with the amount of carbs and proteins. The only thing I'm not fond of is the 17g of sugar per serving and 9g of fat. Considering other mass gainers out there it's honestly about average. That's the only thing observed so far just from looking at the ingredient list. That's not horrible in any manner. Hopefully by the end of this the fat gain will be minimal. It does seem to come from really good ingredients though! Especially the carb sources.

I use a scale that measure's bf %, bone density, muscle mass, water weight %, and of course my weight. Isn't technology great? It's pretty accurate to with other things I've used to test. So I'll be using it to give my before and after numbers.

Here's the profile as well as the buy link.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b...ean-gainz.html

necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000) necrologic has much to be proud of. One of the best! (+20000)

Day 1

Upon opening the massive tub it appeared well sealed. The was decently sized too considering it's a gainer this is to be expected. I used a 32 oz blender bottle to shake this up in with the amount of water of 16 oz.

The taste was not bad at all so far. I'd say it's pretty close to the flavor it's supposed to taste like. No aftertaste after today's first serving. I did not have any stomach discomfort either.

There was a considerable amount of clumpage. This was the metal blender ball too and water not milk. The texture was really smooth though minus the previous statement.

I'm going to try 18 oz tomorrow and see how that fairs with taste and clumping.

I overslept and missed breakfast. Today was leg day and I suffered for it trust me so my macros were a little off today I'm hoping tomorrow will not be a repeat of this.

I used this as my post workout shake.

My stats before drinking this today were

148 Weight
    12.2 BF%
    65.1 Water Weight %
    47.2 Muscle Mass %
    20.6 BMI

I'll list today's macros
    171g of protein
    287g of carbs
    40g of fat
    Last edited by necrologic; 01-29-2018 at 11:40 PM. Reason: Added macros

thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    Nice start. Good luck and enjoy the gainz.

dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500) dstunna is a jewel in the rough. (+500)
    Originally Posted by necrologic View Post

Betancourt Nutrition LEAN GAINZ

I was given a full tub of Betancourt Nutrition's LEAN GAINZ to log thanks to BB2K.

Flavor : Chocolate Brownie

I'll be giving three updates a week. Starting with today. Each day I'll try new things with it to test out it's consistency with taste and texture. I'll also be listing my starting stats as of today. Once the tub is fully consumed I'll list my end states. My current meal plan will stay the same as will my workout regimen. That way this shake will be the only new addition which I'll gladly welcome as I am always on the run. A liquid calorie shake will be great.

Here's some honesty to start off with no bull.

Looking at the profile I am impressed with the amount of carbs and proteins. The only thing I'm not fond of is the 17g of sugar per serving and 9g of fat. Considering other mass gainers out there it's honestly about average. That's the only thing observed so far just from looking at the ingredient list. That's not horrible in any manner. Hopefully by the end of this the fat gain will be minimal. It does seem to come from really good ingredients though! Especially the carb sources.

I use a scale that measure's bf %, bone density, muscle mass, water weight %, and of course my weight. Isn't technology great? It's pretty accurate to with other things I've used to test. So I'll be using it to give my before and after numbers.

Here's the profile as well as the buy link.

https://www.bodybuilding.com/store/b...ean-gainz.html
    The fat is coming from MCT's which are a pretty solid fuel source in terms of energy provided by fats. Try using 20oz of water per serving, we have found that to be the sweet spot and will be making the update to future labels.
    Betancourt Nutrition Brand manager
    "Competition Breeds Innovation" www.BetancourtNutrition.com

Training, Nutrition & Lifestyle blog:
    www.LiftandPray.com

Originally Posted by dstunna View Post
    The fat is coming from MCT's which are a pretty solid fuel source in terms of energy provided by fats. Try using 20oz of water per serving, we have found that to be the sweet spot and will be making the update to future labels.
    I was just about to ask about that!

I noticed my container suggest 16 oz of water yet the product page on here says 20 oz. I tried it with 18 oz yesterday and today. Seemed to work way better. Clumpage was less and even more smooth.

I'll try the suggestion of 20 oz for tomorrow's serving.

As for an additional update,

Still no issues with the product so far. The taste is very enjoyable. As stated above, I tried both yesterday's and today's servings with 18 oz instead of 16 oz. There was still some clumpage with 2 scoops, but the amount was lessened a good amount. No aftertaste observed yet either that some people stated they got in their samples. I'm not sure what happened with them. No experience like that at all here.

I've not felt bloated as of yet either. At the moment I am taking this about 2 hours after my last meal to avoid this.

thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000) thekaratekid is a splendid one to behold. (+10000)
    I'm using almond milk in my magic bullet with less than 16 ounces and it's a nice texture. Thick, but nice. Although, I'm only using one scoop for now.

Originally Posted by thekaratekid View Post
    I'm using almond milk in my magic bullet with less than 16 ounces and it's a nice texture. Thick, but nice. Although, I'm only using one scoop for now.
    I'm not sure if it would be too.much with two scoops for the magic bullet to handle.

Yesterday and today I did as suggested. I mixed my drinks with 20 oz. That definitely seems to be the sweet spot as I finally have zero clumpage as long as I shake it pretty good. Still no side effects observed. Haven't gotten tired of the taste yet either. No aftertaste. The colder the water the better it seems to taste.

Originally Posted by necrologic View Post
    I'm not sure if it would be too.much with two scoops for the magic bullet to handle.

Yesterday and today I did as suggested. I mixed my drinks with 20 oz. That definitely seems to be the sweet spot as I finally have zero clumpage as long as I shake it pretty good. Still no side effects observed. Haven't gotten tired of the taste yet either. No aftertaste. The colder the water the better it seems to taste.
    Maybe I'll go with water tonight to see what the difference is between water and almond milk (other than the obvious).

Maybe I'll go with water tonight to see what the difference is between water and almond milk (other than the obvious).
    I honestly don't think I've even ever tried mixing any supplement with almond milk. Regular milk yes. The main differences between milk and water are thickness, nutrition, and taste according to the amount.

As for an update. The weekend went pretty well. I've stuck with the mixing of 20 oz with water on two scoops. As stated before no new changes in my nutrition besides the shake. Exercises are staying the same too. I did start some creatine, but that shouldn't make any difference to this shake. Still no bad bowel movements or upset stomach. Still have to shake it for a good minute on the 20 oz though. It is a lot of powder so that's understandable.

Yesterday went pretty well with the product. Still not observing any negatives. Sticking with my 20 oz of water too. No need to further experiment here as that's the best amount in my opinion. Wasn't able to get my shake in earlier today like I normally do. Not sure how it will affect my sleep quality, but I'll be taking it once I get home from work before bed.

Past few days have been going pretty good. Still no bloating or anything. I do a weigh in and check my stats once a week. I'll upload them when I wake up and take them. I skipped a shake just one time this week. Which was today since I didn't work out or anything I didn't need the extra. This stuff taste good chilled by the way. Sometimes keep it in the refrigerator at work for a few hours. Will throw up some pics soon too.

Update: not happy with my stats. I've gained fat and lost muscle some how.

150.8 weight
    12.6 BF
    64.8 water
    47 muscle
    2q bmi
    Last edited by necrologic; 02-11-2018 at 04:46 PM.

Well, I've only got a few more scoops to go before this product is finished. I tried adding in some creatine in the mix today to see how it would affect it. Not really any changes to consistency or how it mixed.

Here is a picture of how it mixed after about 10 seconds of shaking.
    32 oz bottle with blenderball
    20 oz of water.

As you can see it does clump a lot after 10 seconds. With two scoops you have to shake it about 20 seconds to get it mixed fully. Once you've done that it blends pretty nicely. You'll have to actually try though.

You're probably about done with the product since you've been using a more than me in each serving. I still have a little ways to go. After reading your posts, I switched to water too. That creatine will definitely help with size and strength.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

You're probably about done with the product since you've been using a more than me in each serving. I still have a little ways to go. After reading your posts, I switched to water too. That creatine will definitely help with size and strength.

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.
    Np

As you stated I am pretty much done. My weigh in is tomorrow so I'll be posting my final thoughts then. No new changes since the last post. I'm going to miss the tub. This stuff was actually enjoyable once you get it mixed.

Final stats as of finishing the tub.
    151 Weight
    12.4 BF%
    65.2 Water Weight %
    47.5 Muscle Mass %
    20.6 BMI

I'm not unhappy about the results. Obviously the other parts of my diet and training go into these numbers as well. The only real trouble I had throughout the process was just getting it to actually mix without a lot of floaties at the top. 20 oz of colder water in a big shaker with a blenderball or better is greatly suggested. And at least 15 seconds of shaking it like a mad man. Other than that great stuff! Really enjoyed the taste and the texture once it was actually mixed. It seemed to help for sure. And liquid calories are much easier to get in than solid. Faster too for someone like me that's always on the run! If you've been following along thanks for reading! Any questions I'll answer to the best of my ability. Otherwise ask a rep!
    Last edited by necrologic; 02-20-2018 at 10:14 AM. Reason: Grammar